Author Topic: Woj Bomb: Knicks reach out to Celtics on Melo  (Read 41284 times)

Re: Woj Bomb: Knicks reach out to Celtics on Melo
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 01:21:19 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
It was only a matter of time, given the assets we possess.

Hard to imagine Ainge bites, unless he already has something else in play to land an even better player too, in which case this is a Ray Allen type move.

I mean if you move BKN 18 for Melo and BKN 17 for Boogie without gutting the rest of the roster, you have a helluva team.

If you just acquire Melo, you've blown our cap space on an aging star who probably thinks he's much better than he is and hasn't really shown any leadership throughout his career. Meh.
We have to move a guard soon anyways so why not Smart, Celtics 2018 pick and then our young guys who don't play.

I know some posters think Smart doesn't have any trade value but I disagree. He's still young and has a ton of potential. I think he could be the centerpiece to get Melo.

I'd hope we could get someone who fits better in terms of needs, age, talent and cost if we moved both Smart and BKN 18.

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 01:21:44 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Guys, guys... I mean, what use are 2nd rounders in Danny's hands anyways? I say we give them marginal picks at best since we'll be keeping the superior prospects and are essentially doing them a favor. I can't stand Melo's on-court personality and body language but I don't mind making Melo a part of the show, the whole fit seems pretty questionable though. And I wouldn't trade Crowder or Bradley unless they include another useful player like KOQ.

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
It was only a matter of time, given the assets we possess.

Hard to imagine Ainge bites, unless he already has something else in play to land an even better player too, in which case this is a Ray Allen type move.

I mean if you move BKN 18 for Melo and BKN 17 for Boogie without gutting the rest of the roster, you have a helluva team.

If you just acquire Melo, you've blown our cap space on an aging star who probably thinks he's much better than he is and hasn't really shown any leadership throughout his career. Meh.
We have to move a guard soon anyways so why not Smart, Celtics 2018 pick and then our young guys who don't play.

I know some posters think Smart doesn't have any trade value but I disagree. He's still young and has a ton of potential. I think he could be the centerpiece to get Melo.

I'd hope we could get someone who fits better in terms of needs, age, talent and cost if we moved both Smart and BKN 18.
My trade proposal is for our pick. Not the Nets pick they owe us.

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 01:28:33 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Guys, guys... I mean, what use are 2nd rounders in Danny's hands anyways? I say we give them marginal picks at best since we'll be keeping the superior prospects and are essentially doing them a favor. I can't stand Melo's on-court personality and body language but I don't mind making Melo a part of the show, the whole fit seems pretty questionable though. And I wouldn't trade Crowder or Bradley unless they include another useful player like KOQ.
Since Melo is better suited for the four at this point in his career we should try to hold onto Crowder to play the three.

I'm more inclined to offer Smart since we have Fultz, Ball or Smith coming in next year.

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 01:31:16 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
How about we go the other way and they keep Melo and we give them IT and Horford for Porzingis and we build a dynasty aroung him, Brown, Zizic, and the top 4 pick these next 2 seasons  ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 01:33:55 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
How about we go the other way and they keep Melo and we give them IT and Horford for Porzingis and we build a dynasty aroung him, Brown, Zizic, and the top 4 pick these next 2 seasons  ;D ;D ;D
I posted this a while back before IT blew up to be a top 5 MVP candidate. It didn't get much traction then so I doubt it will now seeing IT is on top of the NBA world.

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Just say no
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
this I'd rather see
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Ugh. This just ruined part of my day... I'm sure the rumor will end real soon though.

That being said, it did scare me when I think someone a few days ago posted how Gorman (with his inside sources) said that the C's coaching staff believe Melo could be an "excellent fit" here.

And Gorman is not the guy to just spout out random rumors/thoughts, there could be some truth to this...  :(
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 01:50:28 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
If their first "reach out" was to the Cavs for Love, then this one probably asked too much too.

However, three-way trade with the Cavs and Knicks that brought back Love would be interesting.

I said the same thing.....    A starting 5 that can shoot and spread the floor.   Love ads rebounding..... but the defense suffers....

Clippers 1st, Memphis 1st, and 2018 Bostons First.     Zeller and Amir......   we get LOVE would be a dream. 
Diggles

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 01:50:35 PM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
I would offer 2 second round picks and a box of Fruity Pebbles(Correction-Honey Nut Cheerios).  Melo won't happen, Jackson want's a Garnet/Pierce type trade.  He's not stupid and DA isn't stupid either.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 01:55:37 PM by Pucaccia »

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I would offer 2 second round picks and a box of Fruity Pebbles.

How about Honey Nut Cheerios?

« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2017, 01:52:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I would offer 2 second round picks and a box of Fruity Pebbles Honey Nut Cheerios.

Fixed it for you. ;)

« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2017, 01:53:03 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
No No a millions times no. I’ve never been a fan of this guy, even in his glory years with Denver and Syracuse.
If the Celtics are hell bent on trading for a star the need to make a move on a disgruntled Jimmy Butler, not on a washed up ball stopping Melo

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Nice that this trade got two very different responses let's me know it's just right.

Melo
for
AJ, Zeller, JJ, along with the picks of
Nets 2018, C's 2018, Clippers 1st, and Grizz 1st

Expirings and four 1st rounders one likely top 5 next year.

"Knicks hang up on this call, and fire the receptionist for transferring crank callers. Danny would be insane to offer that haul for Melo."

And a

"No chance we give away any nets pick 17 or 18 in a Melo trade, that would be crazy.

The knicks are dying to unload him and hand the keys to Kristaps, expiring contracts and second round picks should get it done. If it costs us first rounders, no thanks."