Author Topic: LeBron/Cavs clash on payroll spending  (Read 6268 times)

LeBron/Cavs clash on payroll spending
« on: January 26, 2017, 10:04:47 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Is everyone tired of LeBron whining and crying all the time?? I know I am!!! Everytime I turn tv on he is whining bout getting more help on the team or crying to the league bout him getting no calls on fouls all the time..Boo-hoo James, just go out and play and be the great player that u are instead of crying...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 11:10:42 AM by Donoghus »
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: LeBron crying and whining!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:39:33 AM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
His latest complaints that he's clashing with Dan Gilbert on payroll spending. I'm not a fan of Gilbert in any way, but this is pretty weak for LBJ.

Currently, the Cavs are committed to $127.6 million in salaries and $27 million in luxury taxes for this season. The team has spent more than any other NBA team over the last three-years.

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:42:16 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Just because his annoying personality and because of that ring-chasing-miami thing, I'm not putting him in the same category with Bird, Magic, Kobe and Jordan. Every time they lost it's always someones elses fault. Stop talking to the press you ***sy. Every year is like this few months before the end of the regular season he goes on a tirade how they need to be better, how they are learning to be better, how they do not have the right mindsetup, how they do not have the righ personnel bla bla bla. Always the same... otherwise, he's a top 10 all time palyer for sure.     

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 11:00:02 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
I don't think it is a great look for Lebron do have done this all publicly. Also, when a team with love, Lebron, Irving, Thompson, shumpert, frye is losing to the Pelicans without Anthony Davis and the kings at home he needs to look at himself and the guy in the mirror.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 11:07:04 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
This spending temper tantrum is pretty foolish on Lebron's part. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 11:08:26 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
No doubt he is one of the top 5 players in the NBA but he always whining bout something..its getting old..he wants all the great players in the league to play with him so he can win a championship..he had go to Miami to play with bosh and Wade to win..then came back to Cleveland with great players to win again..Superstars want to win and take charge of their team, to b a leader but James wants everything handed to him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: LeBron/Cavs clash on payroll spending
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 11:14:43 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
And let's be clear about something else.  Cleveland moved heaven and earth when LeBron was there the first time to try and put a title contender around him.  It didn't work but no one can say Cleveland was cheap or didn't make a huge effort to surround LeBron with as much talent as possible.

Mike

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 11:22:55 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I think they should fire Tyron Lue and hire Rich Paul as coach/GM.
Its the only way.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 11:23:56 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Lebron has also had more influence on that roster and the moves they have made than any player in the NBA. You can't shop for the groceries and complain how they taste. Thompson is really overpaid and Lebron had a hand in that.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Phil Jackson is out to lunch with that proposal.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 11:40:19 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
And let's be clear about something else.  Cleveland moved heaven and earth when LeBron was there the first time to try and put a title contender around him.  It didn't work but no one can say Cleveland was cheap or didn't make a huge effort to surround LeBron with as much talent as possible.

Mike

I don't really agree that they moved heaven and earth.  They made a couple trades his last season there, but they mostly just got expensive veterans in salary dumps -- they rarely traded draft assets, even second-rounders.  I'm not saying they just sat around on their hands, but their execution was generally lacking.

This time, they've moved heaven and earth.  They trade as many draft picks as they are able.  And they got a title for it.  They still have a little more ammo to take on payroll in the form of trade exceptions, but it is more limited.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 11:46:38 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Let Lebron pay for any additional salary over the cap... didn't think so.

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
No doubt he is one of the top 5 players in the NBA but he always whining bout something..its getting old..he wants all the great players in the league to play with him so he can win a championship..he had go to Miami to play with bosh and Wade to win..then came back to Cleveland with great players to win again..Superstars want to win and take charge of their team, to b a leader but James wants everything handed to him
i know most if not all of us dislike him but I don't think this is entirely fair, he had one of the most dominant finals performances in history last year, he has been to 6 consecutive finals and has been on the league now 14 years, he knows that time is limited as far as him being able to carry a team so of course he wants his team to be able to compete at the highest level, but I don't think he wants anything handed to him he just wants a chance to beat the most stacked team ever.

But I do agree that airing this in the media looks bad, and he is a cry baby but I just don't think we should deny his greatness because we might not like what he says publicly the dude is putting himself into GOAT conversations, saying he is a current top 5 player is downplaying that significantly

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1554
Doesn't all this stem form the comments after the Pelicans game?  I didn't say any new comments, but I could have missed them.

Also, when James was meeting with Gilbert before he came back, he was not only assured, but promised that Gilbert would spend unconditionally.  The Cavs have been sitting on an open roster spot for three weeks and they have a number of good sized trade exceptions they could use.  The Korver trade actually saved the Cavs money as well (upgrade on talent and cheaper is always a good thing). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 11:51:07 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Let Lebron pay for any additional salary over the cap... didn't think so.

He's made his owner way more money than that extra luxury tax bill would be.  Not to mention that if there weren't a maximum salary, he'd be getting paid a lot more.  Jordan made more 20 years ago than LeBron is making today.

If LeBron wants to complain that the Cavs aren't spending every dollar available to them, that's his right.  And it's not untrue, even tho they're spending the most already.