Author Topic: Olynyk MUST Go...  (Read 15723 times)

Re: Olynyk MUST Stay...
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2017, 12:47:19 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
Olynyk and Smart have a good chemistry going on.
I think it just took some time for Kelly to recover from his injury.

Danny Ainge is building a whole team of chemistry guys.  God I love watching them execute their offense - great find last night by Crowder up top for Kelly and the dunk (should have gotten a call, too).

Now can we please tighten up the team defense?

About Kelly and injury recovery: I think that you've got a point; but starting the season slow and getting more effective as it goes on is a pattern with him.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:28:27 PM by ThePaintedArea »

Re: Olynyk MUST Go...
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2017, 12:57:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kelly has had a few good games in a row now. My problem is he could very well just disapoear for 3-4 games in a row now. His inconsistency and fluctuations in confidence is maddening.

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2017, 01:36:09 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
Kelly has had a few good games in a row now. My problem is he could very well just disapoear for 3-4 games in a row now. His inconsistency and fluctuations in confidence is maddening.

I'll talk straight here, nothing personal: I think that this meme about Olynyk's confidence is a myth.  Ask yourself: how would I even know that, let alone talk as though it were a plain fact?  It isn't.

He's not a scorer and it's not his job. He is very consistent, in fact - consistently gives effort, consistently plays within himself and the game plan.  Sometimes that means more shots, sometimes not, sometimes the shots fall, sometimes they don't.

The fact that he was in the game at crunch time and overtime last night might at least give pause to those claiming this supposed lack of confidence and consistency - why would his coach disagree with you?  Just sayin.

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2017, 01:53:23 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33

I'll talk straight here, nothing personal: I think that this meme about Olynyk's confidence is a myth.  Ask yourself: how would I even know that, let alone talk as though it were a plain fact?  It isn't.

He's not a scorer and it's not his job. He is very consistent, in fact - consistently gives effort, consistently plays within himself and the game plan.  Sometimes that means more shots, sometimes not, sometimes the shots fall, sometimes they don't.

The fact that he was in the game at crunch time and overtime last night might at least give pause to those claiming this supposed lack of confidence and consistency - why would his coach disagree with you?  Just sayin.

If anything, Kelly should be playing more. The more he plays the more consistent he becomes and the better he plays. It's fairly straightforward. There is evidence that Brad is finally figuring this out. It took long enough.

I expect Kelly to continue to improve and play an integral and possibly even transformative role for the Cs down the stretch and into the playoffs as well as beyond. His best ball is almost certainly in front of him. It would be a mistake to let him go and I think Danny understands this.

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2017, 01:59:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Kelly main reason for disappearing is h gets some injury , like every few games , like Smart and can't put together 3-6 months of uninjured basketball.   They come back and play terrible for like 10 weeks .

I think Kelly can sustain his present use .  Stay on the court in good health ....he can contribute  his finesse game ...p..IF he can avoid injury for the rest of the season. .

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Olynyk MUST Stay--!

It's nice to see people are starting to talk some sense around here regarding the matter.

Well considering I am the OP of this thread...my opinion of him is just like his play...Inconsistent.  8)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2017, 03:57:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I like how Scal put it: He plays best when he lets the game come to him and doesn't try to force things.

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2017, 04:44:43 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I like how Scal put it: He plays best when he lets the game come to him and doesn't try to force things.

Disagree with Scal....how does this make sense, when Players need to be aggressive-?
Sit around and let the game come to you-?...Larry Bird never did that, Great players don't do this.

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2017, 04:55:20 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Disagree with Scal....how does this make sense, when Players need to be aggressive-?
Sit around and let the game come to you-?...Larry Bird never did that, Great players don't do this.
Kelly isnt a great player. He is a nice roleplayer who can do some really good things when he plays within the rythym of the offense and defense. He gets himself in the right spaces and is a good passer and shooter so when he gets the ball in those spaces he is able to do very positive things.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2017, 05:00:53 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Olynyk and Smart have a good chemistry going on.
I think it just took some time for Kelly to recover from his injury.

Danny Ainge is building a whole team of chemistry guys.  God I love watching them execute their offense - great find last night by Crowder up top for Kelly and the dunk (should have gotten a call, too).

Now can we please tighten up the team defense?

About Kelly and injury recovery: I think that you've got a point; but starting the season slow and getting more effective as it goes on is a pattern with him.

Kelly seems to be in better shape now as well.

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2017, 01:19:16 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
This guy is a Disgrace in a Celtics Uniform.

Everything he did tonight was a disaster---from letting Everyone go over his back with his weak rebounding "effort", to his pathetic offensive game too. Only 4 shot attempts and looked scared when he had the ball.
He plays like he's trying to hold Diarrhea in, all game long.

He should be a 15-20 point a game player with 80-85% Free throw shooting by now---but he just flips the ball up--like he just does NOT care at all---Give a little effort pal, You SUCK ! You are wasting a 7 foot body, that millions of people would kill to have.

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

I stand by my Original Post-!!

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2017, 01:20:27 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
This guy is a Disgrace in a Celtics Uniform.

Everything he did tonight was a disaster---from letting Everyone go over his back with his weak rebounding "effort", to his pathetic offensive game too. Only 4 shot attempts and looked scared when he had the ball.
He plays like he's trying to hold Diarrhea in, all game long.

He should be a 15-20 point a game player with 80-85% Free throw shooting by now---but he just flips the ball up--like he just does NOT care at all---Give a little effort pal, You SUCK ! You are wasting a 7 foot body, that millions of people would kill to have.

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

I stand by my Original Post-!!

That's what I've been saying and hoping for the past season. In my eyes he is done playing for the Celtics lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2017, 01:27:54 AM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
KO garbage

« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2017, 02:13:28 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Im so excited to see this softie gone. Just infuriatingly inconsistent. Always disappears when the game becomes physical.

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2017, 02:31:47 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
KO must do something...take the arm of Lopez off...anything to be useful at this point.