Author Topic: Olynyk MUST Go...  (Read 15718 times)

Olynyk MUST Stay...
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2017, 01:54:32 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
Kelly had a key knock away rebound from Harrell IIRC in the 4th, just as we began to build up a run. He stayed big around the basket, spaced the floor and gave crisp passes to Isaiah, Smart and Horford.

KO was part of the lineup that stabilized the offense in the second half. Also provided valuable rest time for Jerebko who they felt so strongly about matching up with Ryan Anderson that they inserted him into the starting lineup.

Stevens has said that different players would have different roles against different teams. We had other guys going last night and Kelly took on one of, if not, the most efficient pick and roll players in the league in Clint Capela, currently putting up a 61.2% True Shooting Percentage, good for 15th in the league right behind Isaiah.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/ts-percentage

Edit: Capela was a -10 last night.

This thread is reactionary. Kelly is fine.

Good observations, grounded in reality.

Re: Olynyk MUST Go...
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2017, 02:08:14 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
People need to stop over reacting.  KO is fine.  He's an asset and for the right deal you move him but that's the only way...

Re: Olynyk MUST Stay...
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2017, 02:14:31 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
Let's call it like it is! At best a backup 10th man type who at times can  give you a little crumb cake on the offensive end.

To slow and passive on the defensive  end. . Thanks Danny, your doing a helluva job..

I don't see what you see. Team defense and offense are both better when he's on the floor.  He plays physical, executes the plays, plays within himself, gives up his body.  Not at all passive, and Coach Nick has a recent video arguing that he closes out better than Horford, and generally does a better job on the 4's...

Not a tenth man, I think; he's a seventh man/first big off the bench.

As for Danny Ainge: he's been absolutely brilliant at putting this team together. Great chemistry, unselfish guys who move and move the ball. He's been patient at building toward a perennial contender, and the progression has been steadily upward.  Boston's future is bright indeed, and no one deserves the credit for that more than Danny Ainge.

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2017, 02:19:25 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
People need to stop over reacting.  KO is fine.  He's an asset and for the right deal you move him but that's the only way...

Agree completely. His game is so complementary and so suited to modern basketball that you'd have to get a good return if you traded him.

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Let's call it like it is! At best a backup 10th man type who at times can  give you a little crumb cake on the offensive end.

To slow and passive on the defensive  end. . Thanks Danny, your doing a helluva job..

I don't see what you see. Team defense and offense are both better when he's on the floor.  He plays physical, executes the plays, plays within himself, gives up his body.  Not at all passive, and Coach Nick has a recent video arguing that he closes out better than Horford, and generally does a better job on the 4's...

As for Danny Ainge: he's been absolutely brilliant at putting this team together. Great chemistry, unselfish guys who move and move the ball. He's been patient at building toward a perennial contender, and the progression has been steadily upward.  Boston's future is bright indeed, and no one deserves the credit for that more than Danny Ainge.

Your drinking to much of the Ownership Kool-Aid....

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2017, 07:50:24 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Olynyk MUST Stay--!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2017, 08:07:47 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Why trade a player who is young and cheap?
You trade the old ones at the top of the market like Rondo, Pierce, and Garnett.

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2017, 08:08:35 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2017, 08:19:20 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Olynyk MUST Stay--!

It's nice to see people are starting to talk some sense around here regarding the matter.

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2017, 08:40:47 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Olynyk MUST Stay--!
Solid defender
X factor on offense

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2017, 08:46:34 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum

Oh, the resignation of the Boston Sports Fan!

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2017, 09:14:43 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Yes, that's the only possible way for him to have formed a different opinion that you
I'm bitter.

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2017, 09:27:15 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
He stepped up last night. He is a keeper. He is made for the game today.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2017, 12:06:33 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Olynyk and Smart have a good chemistry going on.
I think it just took some time for Kelly to recover from his injury.

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2017, 12:39:52 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Olynyk and Smart have a good chemistry going on.
I think it just took some time for Kelly to recover from his injury.

I agree, coming back from surgery always effects confidence!