Author Topic: Olynyk MUST Go...  (Read 15716 times)

Re: Olynyk MUST Go...
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 04:12:43 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I'm talking about his effort, not his skill set or his stats...hardly ever see him break a sweat.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 04:26:32 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
I'm talking about his effort, not his skill set or his stats...hardly ever see him break a sweat.

How would you know if he's trying or not? Do you have personal conversations with his teammates?

Great words from a great man

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 04:51:26 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
How would you know if he's trying or not? Do you have personal conversations with his teammates?

I think some observation of effort can be gained by watching him play.   It is not like his game is effortless, after all.

I think one of the passes was at his feet in all fairness.

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 04:54:48 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143

I think some observation of effort can be gained by watching him play.   It is not like his game is effortless, after all.

I think one of the passes was at his feet in all fairness.

Doesn't seem to be playing noticeably less hard than anyone.  I think he gets a lot of unfair criticism because he just happens to look super awkward.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 06:45:11 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Olynyk is a player that has a difficult time finding game rhythm. When he finds it, he has a decent game, but when he doesn't he looks pathetic and lost. His confidence is also very fragile.

It's too bad because he's a good kid, and works at it. He worked to improve his feet, and positional defense, but he's extremely slow getting off the floor, has no quick reaction at all, and in fact he can go through an entire game and never leave his feet.

Would I sign him after this year?  Sorry no.

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 08:55:09 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Let's call it like it is! At best a backup 10th man type who at times can  give you a little crumb cake on the offensive end.

To slow and passive on the defensive  end. . Thanks Danny, your doing a helluva job..

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 08:58:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Let's call it like it is! At best a backup 10th man type who at times can  give you a little crumb cake on the offensive end.

To slow and passive on the defensive  end. . Thanks Danny, your doing a helluva job..
Agree here. Incredible that we are currently a half game out of the 2 seed and are on track to get the #1 pick in the draft.

One of the best GMs out there.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2017, 09:37:52 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
KO is a different player from the kid I saw in the summer league his first year. There he dominated.

Two things have changed:

one, he's heavier and slower. They tried to make him a center and muscle him up. It hasn't worked. He can't compete inside with other bigs.

two, he's really a point forward--actually a 7 ft point guard, as he was when he was growing up. He needs the ball to be effective--passing or shooting. Kind of a very poor man's Larry Bird. Except that this team doesn't have McHale or Parish up front. And Larry could rebound.

KO is a 'tweener. He needs to slim down again and get quicker. And be put in roles to utilize his passing and shooting skills--with better mobility.

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2017, 10:07:32 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Olynyk is a player that has a difficult time finding game rhythm. When he finds it, he has a decent game, but when he doesn't he looks pathetic and lost. His confidence is also very fragile.

It's too bad because he's a good kid, and works at it. He worked to improve his feet, and positional defense, but he's extremely slow getting off the floor, has no quick reaction at all, and in fact he can go through an entire game and never leave his feet.

Would I sign him after this year?  Sorry no.
On night's he's good, he's really good and on night's he's not, he looks lost.  He's got a higher 'pendulum swing' than most players but average it out and he's pretty much what the Celtics figured him to be - a rotation player.  He will have a solid NBA career - and he will never start on a good team.  I'd keep him if his asking price is reasonable, otherwise see you later.

He deserves to be paid like the 8th man he is.

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2017, 10:11:08 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Love KO. He's inconsistent. But he's a great piece off the bench.

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 10:51:23 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
let's face it, if most of us have a 6'2+ body with good hands and average speed and athleticism we would most likely be better than most scrubs in the nba,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*catches breath*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you honestly think this you need professional help.
Yeah, ridiculous.

Then their heads spin when they play Scalabrine one on one.

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2017, 10:53:29 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Fan effort complaints are usually nonsense. Pure projection.

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48

Agree here. Incredible that we are currently a half game out of the 2 seed and are on track to get the #1 pick in the draft.

One of the best GMs out there.

When this Team becomes a legit Championship contender you let us know. With players like KO, your correct, it's a second place Team

Re: Olynyk MUST Stay...
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 10:14:00 PM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111

You can see effort in a lot of ways, especially on the defensive end. Last I checked, Kelly was seventh in the league in charges taken - and that's per game, in only 20-odd minutes. If there's one thing that would qualify as an effort play, it's drawing a charge. He does a lot of effort things that fans usually don't notice, but make a big difference for your team defense, like bumping the roll man.  He also leads the Celtics in defensive rebound %.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 10:59:47 AM by ThePaintedArea »

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2017, 10:15:46 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Fan effort complaints are usually nonsense. Pure projection.

Add three parts Dunning-Krueger Effect, two of Internet Echo Chamber Effect, a pinch of actual observation, half-bake it, and you have a recipe for a fansite thread. The loaves are remarkably consistent; the flavor is bland, but nevertheless bitter. Unfortunately the nutritional content is low, and regular ingestion leads to constipation.

This is brilliant.