Author Topic: Olynyk MUST Go...  (Read 15720 times)

Re: Olynyk MUST Go...
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 09:44:24 AM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
One GM will pay him 10+ million next year/per year...

That GM should be fired...

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 09:49:40 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
This guy is a Disgrace in a Celtics Uniform.

Everything he did tonight was a disaster---from letting Everyone go over his back with his weak rebounding "effort", to his pathetic offensive game too. Only 4 shot attempts and looked scared when he had the ball.
He plays like he's trying to hold Diarrhea in, all game long.

He should be a 15-20 point a game player with 80-85% Free throw shooting by now---but he just flips the ball up--like he just does NOT care at all---Give a little effort pal, You SUCK ! You are wasting a 7 foot body, that millions of people would kill to have.

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

He really is a disgrace. Watch when he comes in the games how the leads just evaporate. I'm not a fan of Stevens letting his bigs just jack 3 after 3. Olynk and Horford need KG on this team to get these guys fired up. Olynk needs to go in any deals we make. He's a 6'10 guy who plays like he's 6'2.

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
Olynyk and 2016 MEM 2nd for Nurkic. Who says no?

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 09:58:45 AM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Olynyk and 2016 MEM 2nd for Nurkic. Who says no?

Me. :)

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 10:42:19 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
he's awful.  always been awful.   i don't know how danny looks at his lack of athleticism and drafts that goofy dork.   his college scouting is crap.

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 10:54:53 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
he's awful.  always been awful.   i don't know how danny looks at his lack of athleticism and drafts that goofy dork.   his college scouting is crap.

Yes, the reason that you disagree with Danny/the Celtics' college scouts is because they're awful at their job.  That is the only explanation.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Well at least he is still better than Frank Kaminsky.

But in a heartbeat I would trade the guy for Terrence Jones type of player. How bout Ibaka ...Ainge must be kicking himself for not taking a flyer on Gian....oh never mind...thinking about it already gives me diarrhea.

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 11:26:06 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
let's face it, if most of us have a 6'2+ body with good hands and average speed and athleticism we would most likely be better than most scrubs in the nba,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*catches breath*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you honestly think this you need professional help.

I can't believe this was said.

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 02:30:11 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I will be honest with you that maybe two months ago I would agree with you but over the last month and a half Olynyk has played great in all phases and been not passing up shots when he has had them - he has been playing near the backboard a lot and I will spot him one "not so good" game (last night) given the fact that he has played so confidently over the last month.

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 02:33:10 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
One GM will pay him 10+ million next year/per year...

That GM should be fired...

Why do you want Ainge fired?  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 02:40:56 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I will be honest with you that maybe two months ago I would agree with you but over the last month and a half Olynyk has played great in all phases and been not passing up shots when he has had them - he has been playing near the backboard a lot and I will spot him one "not so good" game (last night) given the fact that he has played so confidently over the last month.

Did you watch last night's game..?
Guys like Smart/Crowder/IT and even Jerebko were busting their Butts for this team--Olynyk comes in and plays like he's skipping through a field, picking Daffodils.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 02:50:35 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Did you watch last night's game..?
Guys like Smart/Crowder/IT and even Jerebko were busting their Butts for this team--Olynyk comes in and plays like he's skipping through a field, picking Daffodils.

Yes I watched it but anyone can have one bad game. Outside of last night he has been playing great.

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 03:27:06 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I agree with Hodgy that now is not the best timing for giving up on Olynyk.

There's too much time left in the season to give up on him now.

James Young and Zeller are the only two I consider as dead Celtics walking. I am willing to condemn them as NBA players.

Maybe some people hate Kelly because he's sort of a hippie. They always make fun of his hair. Tough guys when it comes to typing.

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 03:34:40 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
It feels like Olynyk is having a terrible season but his 3P% is quietly back up to 36.4% thanks to making 41.4% of his threes in the month of January.  He also remains, against all odds, an above-average defensive center.  He is for the most part the same player he was last year, aside from a slight dip in usage.

He's a fine bench player who always looks worse than he actually is because he's gigantic and white and has funny hair.  If we have to give up his rights to sign a max free agent fine, but no reason to be chasing him out of time.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »

Offline Johnny Mic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
KO is a large X factor as to how the Celts will do in a postseason run this year.

Stevens has done a better job this season of giving Kelly "Late Bloomer" Olynyk the hook when he's not in the groove.  But we've all seen how the C's play when it is the opposite....the bounce is real, the spacing is real...the consistency has not.  Why?

Stevens never runs any iso for Kelly which would allow him to use some more of his creativity -- the least utilized aspect of his game.  Instead he's become a solid system 4 and a hard worker (you see it when he runs out ahead on the fast break).  With his basketball IQ, he's shown he can get steals, but should be anticipating more misses when defensive rebounding.

Maybe if he did more with the hair, like consulted Jae, Gerald or even Marcus this could help his mojo