Author Topic: Olynyk MUST Go...  (Read 15724 times)

Olynyk MUST Go...
« on: January 26, 2017, 02:40:18 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
This guy is a Disgrace in a Celtics Uniform.

Everything he did tonight was a disaster---from letting Everyone go over his back with his weak rebounding "effort", to his pathetic offensive game too. Only 4 shot attempts and looked scared when he had the ball.
He plays like he's trying to hold Diarrhea in, all game long.

He should be a 15-20 point a game player with 80-85% Free throw shooting by now---but he just flips the ball up--like he just does NOT care at all---Give a little effort pal, You SUCK ! You are wasting a 7 foot body, that millions of people would kill to have.

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

Re: Olynyk MUST Go...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 02:46:04 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
 let's face it, if most of us have a 6'2+ body with good hands and average speed and athleticism we would most likely be better than most scrubs in the nba, they pretty much let everything come to them instead of working for it, it's so maddening to see them waste their talent and basketball system
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 02:59:49 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
let's face it, if most of us have a 6'2+ body with good hands and average speed and athleticism we would most likely be better than most scrubs in the nba,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*catches breath*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you honestly think this you need professional help. 

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 03:04:08 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
let's face it, if most of us have a 6'2+ body with good hands and average speed and athleticism we would most likely be better than most scrubs in the nba, they pretty much let everything come to them instead of working for it, it's so maddening to see them waste their talent and basketball system
This is very not true.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 04:52:37 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Wow. This thread is going nowhere really quickly, isn't it?  ::)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 05:48:56 AM »

Offline Walter Moss

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 37
Wow. This thread is going nowhere really quickly, isn't it?  ::)
MUST going ;)

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 06:20:15 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Kelly had a key knock away rebound from Harrell IIRC in the 4th, just as we began to build up a run. He stayed big around the basket, spaced the floor and gave crisp passes to Isaiah, Smart and Horford.

KO was part of the lineup that stabilized the offense in the second half. Also provided valuable rest time for Jerebko who they felt so strongly about matching up with Ryan Anderson that they inserted him into the starting lineup.

Stevens has said that different players would have different roles against different teams. We had other guys going last night and Kelly took on one of, if not, the most efficient pick and roll players in the league in Clint Capela, currently putting up a 61.2% True Shooting Percentage, good for 15th in the league right behind Isaiah.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/ts-percentage

Edit: Capela was a -10 last night.

This thread is reactionary. Kelly is fine.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 06:25:42 AM by Smartacus »

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 06:53:24 AM »

Offline BigHam

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • 7' 2" 330 lbs
I will never be able to watch him play again without thinking he needs to run to the bathroom. TP
Waking up from a slumber to misunderstand another.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

Let's face it, most fans are delusional.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 07:49:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Kelly giveth hope for the future and taketh away hope with his inconsistent play.   Seriously, he has always had good and back games, he had a few turnovers last night but I do not think he killed us as we won.   He simply as good as some here think and it seems he is not as bad as some think, too.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 07:54:22 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
This guy is a Disgrace in a Celtics Uniform.

Everything he did tonight was a disaster---from letting Everyone go over his back with his weak rebounding "effort", to his pathetic offensive game too. Only 4 shot attempts and looked scared when he had the ball.
He plays like he's trying to hold Diarrhea in, all game long.

He should be a 15-20 point a game player with 80-85% Free throw shooting by now---but he just flips the ball up--like he just does NOT care at all---Give a little effort pal, You SUCK ! You are wasting a 7 foot body, that millions of people would kill to have.

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(
He was a late lottery pick in a bad draft why should he be averaging 15-20 by now that is not very fair expectations. Hate to break your heart but even though Jaylen was the third pick this year he won't be averaging 25-30 in two years either.

If he was a guy that should be doing that by now he would have gone in the top 5, where he was drafted in that draft if you get a 4th or 5th starter or a good first big off the bench you did okay, and he seems to be making his way there.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 08:31:37 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What kills me about Olynyk is his consistency, he has none. He has offensive weapons and yet doesn't use them every game but rather like every third game or so. He doesn't have high scoring, great offensive nights nearly enough but rather only once in a while. His lack of aggressiveness is maddening.

The other thing that kills me is his lack of ability to rebound on the defensive end. In the OP's rant he did touch upon something that happened frequently last night, Capella going over Olynyk's back and grabbing rebounds. It happened a few times and happens most every game to him. With his lack of athleticism he needs to use more technique to rebound and yet doesn't box out well at all, if ever.Sorry but I want my 7 footers to be very good to excellent rebounders.

I never wanted Olynyk on this team. I thought he would fail as an NBA player. I was wrong. But he isnt the type of player I want on my team either and so hope Ainge doesn't bring him back.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:05:41 AM by nickagneta »

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 08:44:44 AM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Kelly had a key knock away rebound from Harrell IIRC in the 4th, just as we began to build up a run. He stayed big around the basket, spaced the floor and gave crisp passes to Isaiah, Smart and Horford.

KO was part of the lineup that stabilized the offense in the second half. Also provided valuable rest time for Jerebko who they felt so strongly about matching up with Ryan Anderson that they inserted him into the starting lineup.

Stevens has said that different players would have different roles against different teams. We had other guys going last night and Kelly took on one of, if not, the most efficient pick and roll players in the league in Clint Capela, currently putting up a 61.2% True Shooting Percentage, good for 15th in the league right behind Isaiah.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/player-stat/ts-percentage

Edit: Capela was a -10 last night.

This thread is reactionary. Kelly is fine.

Emphatically agree. Kelly consistently does a lot of really good and sometimes great things out there but often doesn't look good doing them, or at least not good enough, enough of the time to quell the ire of his legion of detractors many of whom object to him more on stylistic grounds, particularly as it concerns the hirsute look and ostensibly passive demeanor. Brad needs to play him more rather than less. The analytics clearly support this. The suspicion lingers that he hasn't done nearly a good enough job of managing and guiding Kelly's development. Big, goofy, mildly clumsy white guys who are perhaps a little too good-natured for their own good like he is need extra love, abundant patience, adequate playing time free of having to look over their shoulder and, most of all, need to be secure in the fact that the coach believes in them and ultimately is genuinely pulling for them. This can be the magical recipe that unlocks their considerable potential. Kelly is a unique player with a unique skill set. Getting him untracked on a regular basis changes everything for the Celts and will be more than worth the effort. I hope this happens and that Kelly is in Boston for a long time to come.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2017, 09:18:05 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
He was atrocious last night. Not just the defensive rebounding, but he had a couple of really bad turnovers that showed no heart, strength, or aggression.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 09:19:00 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Kelly needs to go away and I don't care much for the little subtleties. Good decision making does not equate talent.