Poll

Would You Like To Target Otto Porter Jr. This Summer If Nothing Major Materializes (No Major Trades; Griffin/Hayward Stay Put, etc.)?

Yes
5 (83.3%)
No
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Brad Stevens Really Likes Otto Porter Jr.  (Read 1411 times)

Brad Stevens Really Likes Otto Porter Jr.
« on: January 24, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/lockedonwizards/status/824023082717351940

I thought this was really interesting, because he is a great player, but also I remember I think a month or two ago, @saltlover making a post exploring the possibility of signing Otto Porter in the summer if nothing else materializes (major trades, Griffin/Hayward stay put, etc.). He is a restricted FA I believe.

Porter is averaging around 15/7 this season and is shooting 53% from the field (45% from 3 pt. land).

I voted NO... BUT: I would very much still consider it, but I'd honestly prefer any of Ibaka/Noel/Millsap in FA - each a solid, second tier rebounding 4 or 5 available this summer that can put up some points as well (And I'm assuming Hayward and Griffin are pipe dreams as they likely stay with their current teams).

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 08:09:20 PM by Phantom255x »
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Brad Stevens Really Likes Otto Porter Jr.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:48:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I thought this was really interesting, because he is a great player, but also I remember I think a month or two ago, @saltlover making a post exploring the possibility of signing Otto Porter in the summer if nothing else materializes (major trades, Griffin/Hayward stay put, etc.). He is a restricted FA I believe.

Porter is averaging around 15/7 this season and is shooting 53% from the field (45% from 3 pt. land).

I would consider it, but I'd still prefer any of Ibaka/Noel/Millsap in FA (And I'm assuming Hayward and Griffin are pipe dreams as they likely stay with their current teams).

Thoughts?

doubt it unless Crowder gets moved

Porter is a pure 3

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 07:00:15 PM »

Offline ayer

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I remember Paul Pierce wants to punch him to wake him up, coz PP thinks Otto doesn't know how good he is. Just saying ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:05:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I would consider it, but I'd still prefer any of Ibaka/Noel/Millsap in FA (And I'm assuming Hayward and Griffin are pipe dreams as they likely stay with their current teams).

Thoughts?

doubt it unless Crowder gets moved

Porter is a pure 3

Right, because we know Stevens despises going small, he never uses Crowder at the 4, and prefers traditional lineups.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 07:35:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Thoughts?

I have not changed my stance.  Also, Porter frequently plays the 4 for Washington with Oubre at the 3.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 07:52:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Thoughts?

I have not changed my stance.  Also, Porter frequently plays the 4 for Washington with Oubre at the 3.

Yeah that's something I was thinking too, I know he plays the 3 but he has the ability to play the 4 as well.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 08:00:48 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
You should make a poll.

Anyways, I don't know if Porter is worth the max he's going to expect to get.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 08:07:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
You should make a poll.

Anyways, I don't know if Porter is worth the max he's going to expect to get.

Good idea. Made it.