Assuming we draft Fultz, Ball, or Smith would you trade Avery for Giles

Yes
8 (22.2%)
No
26 (72.2%)
I'm confused
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Poll: Would you trade Bradley for the best big this draft  (Read 4437 times)

Poll: Would you trade Bradley for the best big this draft
« on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:56 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 If we drafted Fultz or Ball do you roll the dice if he's healthy.

Target the 15tg pick with Denver they also have the 20th pick this year.

My favorite bigs that should be available at 15 are.

Bam Adebayo Mini Dwight Howard
 Robert Williams. Crazy long. Shot blocker.
 Hartenstein. Best Euro big. 7' 245 pounds. Pretty Athletic.
 Ivan Rabb. Double Double machine.

I really love Bam. I'd pull the trigger for him, if we landed Fultz or Ball.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 04:58:38 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Poll: Would you trade Bradley for the best big this draft
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:21:56 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would trade Avery for Patton.

Not for Giles. Not at this point. I'd need to see more from him between now and the draft.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 06:23:41 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
If we drafted Fultz or Ball do you roll the dice if he's healthy.

Target the 15tg pick with Denver they also have the 20th pick this year.

My favorite bigs that should be available at 15 are.

Bam Adebayo Mini Dwight Howard
 Robert Williams. Crazy long. Shot blocker.
 Hartenstein. Best Euro big. 7' 245 pounds. Pretty Athletic.
 Ivan Rabb. Double Double machine.

I really love Bam. I'd pull the trigger for him, if we landed Fultz or Ball.
Robert Williams, if he slides to the Minny pick FOR SURE. Otherwise that Dos Anjos kid from Real Madrid looks intriguing..
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:00:38 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
If we land Fultz or Ball, I'd do something built around Bradley for Markkanen or Giles (if his knees check out). I was going to add a qualifier about this being far-fetched, but the 8-10 spots are currently occupied by Sacramento, Orlando, and New Orleans. That's three teams that are desperate to win and prone to extremely short-sighted moves. This might not be such a pipe-dream after all. New Orleans has already made a very comparable move in recent years in the Jrue Holiday for #6 trade.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 07:08:45 AM by max215 »
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 07:53:52 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Absolutely not.

As far as I can see there are no bigs in this draft who look like they have any more then 10% chance of becoming a star.

Bradley isn't quite a star, but with the numbers he is putting up this year (plus his everpresent defensive efforts) he's darn close to it.  I wouldn't give him up for anything less then an All-Star, and it would have to be a good one.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 07:56:31 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Avery is worth a lot, and losing him would REALLY pain me. Don't trade him for a bet you could regret. Avery is still way to useful here. Just check our recent games without him

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 08:12:09 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Not unless you plan to trade IT also.  We can be pretty competitive this season and next and that is good for Celtics Mojo and for the value and revenue of the team.  No need to trade Bradley for what may turn out to be Kelly Olynyk.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 08:30:19 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
No.  But I would consider trading him for the best big that his salary could bring back who is under contract through 2019.  Zizic is arguably as good a bet as any big in this draft (that's saying more about the draft than Zizic), so we don't need another rookie big.  Next year's draft looks to have multiple good bigs at the top as well.  So if we traded for someone this summer who had two years left on his deal, Zizic could get a two-year apprenticeship, and whomever we draft in 2018 could get one year.  And I haven't even mentioned Yab.

Or we could keep Bradley for a year, hope that Zizic is a day 1 contributor, and let the top 3 guard be 4th in the rotation as a rookie before letting AB walk.

We don't need to trade Bradley for another rookie next year.  We already will have at least three on the roster, and there are only so many developmental minutes.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 08:38:50 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I would trade Avery for Patton.

Not for Giles. Not at this point. I'd need to see more from him between now and the draft.

I am starting to really like Patton also. Athletic, young, solid feel for the game. If he was a little longer, he would be phenomenal. But his height should make up for it. What I like is that he isn't afraid to go up strong, or to fight for a rebound, given his slight frame at this stage. If he adds 20ish pounds of muscle over the next 3-4 years, the kid will be a beast. AB might be worth moving if we need a spot for Fultz or Ball in the rotation. This kind of value could be worth it.
#JKJB

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 08:39:17 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Who is the best big in this draft?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 08:43:20 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
No. But I would consider trading him for the best big that his salary could bring back who is under contract through 2019.  Zizic is arguably as good a bet as any big in this draft (that's saying more about the draft than Zizic), so we don't need another rookie big.  Next year's draft looks to have multiple good bigs at the top as well.  So if we traded for someone this summer who had two years left on his deal, Zizic could get a two-year apprenticeship, and whomever we draft in 2018 could get one year.  And I haven't even mentioned Yab.

Or we could keep Bradley for a year, hope that Zizic is a day 1 contributor, and let the top 3 guard be 4th in the rotation as a rookie before letting AB walk.

We don't need to trade Bradley for another rookie next year.  We already will have at least three on the roster, and there are only so many developmental minutes.

What are the names in that list?

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 08:51:14 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Absolutely not.

I wouldn't trade Avery Bradley for anything less than a top 6 NBA pick, and even then, the player would have to be a franchise caliber potential talent.

Avery Bradley has the value of an All Star when you consider his defensive talent/impact on the court (combined with immensely improved offensive game).
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 09:46:29 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
If we get Fultz or Ball I think we have to trade Isaiah, Marcus or Avery for the best deal available, with Ainge's preference in that order. Love IT but if you consider roles, by year two, we would have two ball dominant guards starting with defensive shortcomings. Avery fits perfectly on both defense and offense with either Fultz or Ball.

I don't think Ainge will part with Bradley unless it brings a top 10 player.

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 10:12:52 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This draft is guard and wing dominated, if we want to add a big it needs to be in free agency or a player trade. I'm not interested in adding the top big in this class because this is a weak big class.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 10:17:34 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
No. But I would consider trading him for the best big that his salary could bring back who is under contract through 2019.  Zizic is arguably as good a bet as any big in this draft (that's saying more about the draft than Zizic), so we don't need another rookie big.  Next year's draft looks to have multiple good bigs at the top as well.  So if we traded for someone this summer who had two years left on his deal, Zizic could get a two-year apprenticeship, and whomever we draft in 2018 could get one year.  And I haven't even mentioned Yab.

What are the names in that list?

If it's just a straight-up trade involving Bradley and not using cap space, the following players would work (fit salarywise and have a contract that would have at least two seasons left on it this summer:

Tyson Chandler
Faried
Gortat
Cody Zeller
Miles Plumlee
Vucevic
Favors
John Henson
Asik
Jon Leuer
Meyers Leonard
Moe Harkless
Kosta Koufos (although he only has a player option for 2018-2019)
Markieff Morris
A bunch of guys who make under $8 million but aren't really worth talking about because they're on rookie deals (which isn't what I'm proposing) or aren't very good.

If the Celtics don't release Mickey due to cap considerations, adding him to the deal would make Gorgui Dieng fit, and maybe also Mozgov (pending final confirmation of new CBA rules, he's within about $10k of fitting.)

If the Celtics have a lot of cap space, then pretty much anyone, but that's not the exercise either.

Anyway, you see in that list a lot of targets of trade proposals on these forums.  Take your pick on which you'd want.

Also, post number 7000!