Author Topic: david blatt and zizic  (Read 6194 times)

Re: david blatt and zizic
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Are people more excited about Zizic than Yabu?
I am mostly because Kevin O'Connor thinks Zizic would go 11-14 if drafted in the 2017 loaded draft. He's pretty keyed into knowing these things.

The highlight videos also show a very skilled player.
Woah.  That's awesome considering I've seen scouts say Jaylen Brown would go 11-14 if drafted in 2017's loaded draft.  So if Zizic is on Jaylen's prospect tier, that's actually fairly exciting.

I'd be curious to reach out to Kevin O'Connor to get his take on where Jaylen would be drafted.
i reached out to Kevin O'Connor for his take.   I don't think he'd mind me sharing his response.

I think I said that on Rainin Js with Jay King. Zizic would be 11-17 range, but it's really difficult to say. Maybe he'd be late lotto, but I think mid-first is more realistic. There's no way OG would be ranked ahead of Jaylen Brown. As much as I love OG, he's not the same level as a shooter and he's not as dynamic off the dribble. I don't see OG as a guy who ever becomes a 25+ ppg scorer and maybe Brown won't be either, but I at least see the potential. I think this draft falls off a cliff after like the top 10 or so prospects and I'd put Brown towards the end of that group: so 7-10 range.

Pretty interesting.  I'm starting to buy into the zizic hype a little.

Very interesting. I know some of the narrative that has been going around here (not saying you cause I haven't noticed) is that Jaylen isn't nearly the prospect OG is. Some have said Jaylen would be lucky to go top10. Now I agree Jaylen is mostly upside, but come on OG doesn't have the creation ability Jaylen already does. Cool to see this take, TP Lar.
#JKJB

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 03:48:16 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Yeah OG would be lucky to ever be as good on offense as Jaylen is now.  You see little hints of what Jaylen could do on offense if he acquires a bit of consistency.  OG has no offense whatsoever and will have to be taught these things from scratch.

He's more of a physical specimen so he has a bit more upside if we see some sort of miraculous improvement, but that alone doesn't mean he's a better prospect.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2017, 08:39:55 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
I'm very very excited, forgive me if I am making the wrong comparisons

Zizic reminds me of Valucinus
Yabu reminds me of Draymond Green

I don't need them to be exactly that, but if they are both "lesser" versions of those two, I still think that is a plus for the Celtics, at that point i think it beats Amir for one (Zizic)

Can't wait to see those two in green

Your delusional

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2017, 09:42:13 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Yabu looks like the exact opposite of Draymond Green from what I've seen.  Yabu is primarily a scorer who rebounds a little bit who appears not to pass much or play defense.  Green is a defender/passer/rebounder who scores a bit.