Author Topic: david blatt and zizic  (Read 6185 times)

Re: david blatt and zizic
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 03:04:05 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Zizic is hungry, you can tell he wants it more than anybody on the floor. He's fearless.
I like very much Yabu, he looks like someone who can be a better version of Diaw. Unfortunatly the CBA is so weak, it's hard to see the real progress of Yabu for the moment.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 03:07:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm very very excited, forgive me if I am making the wrong comparisons

Zizic reminds me of Valucinus
Yabu reminds me of Draymond Green

I don't need them to be exactly that, but if they are both "lesser" versions of those two, I still think that is a plus for the Celtics, at that point i think it beats Amir for one (Zizic)

Can't wait to see those two in green

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 03:16:49 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Are people more excited about Zizic than Yabu?

Zizic because he fills a bigger team need.

I agree and in addition, Zizic seems closer to NBA ready.  I can easily see Zizic on the team in place of Zeller next season; Yabusele maybe needs a season in a more competitive league than China.

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

I agree and in addition, Zizic seems closer to NBA ready.  I can easily see Zizic on the team in place of Zeller next season; Yabusele maybe needs a season in a more competitive league than China.
Yab can be one of the 2 on dleague shuttle that is in the new CBA. The CBA will help the C's alot with all our picks.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 05:43:13 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Yab can be one of the 2 on dleague shuttle that is in the new CBA. The CBA will help the C's alot with all our picks.
I don't think 1st round picks will be allowed to be put on one of the new special dleague/nba contracts.  Even if it is allowed, I don't see why a 1st round pick would agree to it.  It would cost them a lot of money and it would delay them becoming free agents. 

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 07:40:25 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Zizic makes a trade for Okafor much less likely since their in the paint styles are similar. Okafor has more offensive skills but Zizic is a better rebounder.

Then hurray for Zizic.

Kidding aside I do think more highly of Zizic, if only because it's so hard to get a read on GY with the competition he's facing.  He's intriguing, but he's short for a big man and I'm not sure he can guard the perimeter full time.  Is he a tweener, or versatile?

Zizic seems to at least have a floor as a rotational big.

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Blatt is a big Celtics fan...I've seen his interview on this.

Maybe he will train Zizic in the way of the Force ( Boston) .........and help us defeat the DARK SIDE (cavs ) and their leader Bron -Vader

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I am mostly because Kevin O'Connor thinks Zizic would go 11-14 if drafted in the 2017 loaded draft. He's pretty keyed into knowing these things.

The highlight videos also show a very skilled player.
Woah.  That's awesome considering I've seen scouts say Jaylen Brown would go 11-14 if drafted in 2017's loaded draft.  So if Zizic is on Jaylen's prospect tier, that's actually fairly exciting.

I'd be curious to reach out to Kevin O'Connor to get his take on where Jaylen would be drafted.

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2017, 08:20:57 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I am mostly because Kevin O'Connor thinks Zizic would go 11-14 if drafted in the 2017 loaded draft. He's pretty keyed into knowing these things.

Woah.  That's awesome considering I've seen scouts say Jaylen Brown would go 11-14 if drafted in 2017's loaded draft.  So if Zizic is on Jaylen's prospect tier, that's actually fairly exciting.

I'd be curious to reach out to Kevin O'Connor to get his take on where Jaylen would be drafted.
Chad Ford midseason God-Tiers have 7 guys in the top 2 tiers and 4 in tier 3 putting Brown anywhere between 8th and 12th.

OG Anunoby(sp?) is not listed presumably because of his season ending injury
(tiers as of January 20th)
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2017, 08:23:55 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Chad Ford midseason God-Tiers have 7 guys in the top 2 tiers and 4 in tier 3 putting Brown anywhere between 8th and 12th.

OG Anunoby(sp?) is not listed presumably because of his season ending injury
(tiers as of January 20th)
There was that Sporting News draft article in which the Sam Vecenie suggested Jaylen would go around 10th:  "Jaylen Brown in this draft class would probably be closer to I would say maybe 10th overall, something like that right now," Vecenie said. "Like, look at a guy like OG Anunoby. Anunoby already provides way more defensive value. He's a little bit better of a shooter. It's easier to see him slotting into a lineup right now than it is to see Jaylen Brown slotting into a lineup in many ways. Just because of he's a little bit bigger, a little bit longer, and he can shoot the ball. He's a little bit more amenable as a role player in terms of what the Celtics are trying to do on the wing there."

So if we're saying I should be as excited about Zizic as I am about Jaylen, that changes everything.  You have my attention.

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2017, 09:03:55 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

It is. DeAaron Fox was slotted number 10 at one point and he looks like a hybrid of Rondo and Derick Rose. The draft is deep and stacked with tier 1 talent.

Hard to say what spot Brown would go. Cracking the top 6-7 would be tough in this draft but you have to like Brown's drive and determination to become great. I think it was partly because of that the Celtics selected him at 3 so perhaps another team would find that important and draft him high in this draft.

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 02:59:08 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Blatt is a big Celtics fan...I've seen his interview on this.

There. That's why he was pushed out.  :D

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 04:08:34 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I'm very very excited, forgive me if I am making the wrong comparisons

Zizic reminds me of Valucinus
Yabu reminds me of Draymond Green

I don't need them to be exactly that, but if they are both "lesser" versions of those two, I still think that is a plus for the Celtics, at that point i think it beats Amir for one (Zizic)

Can't wait to see those two in green

I mean Draymond crushes him In all the intangibles.

However Yabu has much more offensive upside.

That's my hope for Yabu, an agressive scoring big, that can shoot the three and take you off the bounce.

Zizic should have been here this year. Dude will help.

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 03:35:23 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

i reached out to Kevin O'Connor for his take.   I don't think he'd mind me sharing his response.

I think I said that on Rainin Js with Jay King. Zizic would be 11-17 range, but it's really difficult to say. Maybe he'd be late lotto, but I think mid-first is more realistic. There's no way OG would be ranked ahead of Jaylen Brown. As much as I love OG, he's not the same level as a shooter and he's not as dynamic off the dribble. I don't see OG as a guy who ever becomes a 25+ ppg scorer and maybe Brown won't be either, but I at least see the potential. I think this draft falls off a cliff after like the top 10 or so prospects and I'd put Brown towards the end of that group: so 7-10 range.

Pretty interesting.  I'm starting to buy into the zizic hype a little.

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 03:41:39 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Honestly it's hard not to see Zizic not being a competent third big barring some sort of catastrophic injury if he's putting up these numbers at age 19~20 in a decent league.  He certainly doesn't have the upside of Jaylen Brown, but he's still a valuable prospect.

Great words from a great man