Author Topic: david blatt and zizic  (Read 6159 times)

david blatt and zizic
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i have watched all the tapes of zizic and he looks much improved playing under blatt in his short time-it wasn't just the 21 points jt was the flip hook ,the quality of rolls the boxing out and the running the court-at one point i just went he is outrunning the guards and then he got fouled and crashed into padding
we got him training and learning from a great coach and recently of nba-
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:50:49 PM by rollie mass »

Re: david blatt and zizic
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Rollie I'm not sure that his skill set has improved all of that much in terms of form on his hook shots of free throws or anything but your point is well taken in that it's extremely valuable for Zizic to be working on modern, professional sets with David Blatt.

If Zizic had just stayed in the Adriatic League dominating and dunking all over inferior competition he wouldn't come out nearly as ready to contribute that he will he next year after spending time with such a professional club.

Blatt did Ante and Boston a great service by trading for him.

Re: david blatt and zizic up the ante
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 01:41:18 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
david blatt played ball in framingham mass,then 4 years at princeton-the rest of his playing career was in israel for 9 of the last 12 years then as a coach he was the youngest a most successful  european winning
he was coach of year 4 times in israel and once in russian super league
he had a year and half with cleveland and probably holds brad in high esteem
we will get a much more polished zizic because of him-
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 01:50:42 PM by rollie mass »

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
david blatt played ball in framingham mass,then 4 years at princeton-the rest of his playing career was in israel for 9 of the last 12 years then as a coach he was the youngest a most successful  european winning
Brad should bring Blatt over with Zizic. He is well respected for a reason and seeing he's from the area like you mentioned he might be happy as an assistant here.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 01:52:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Are people more excited about Zizic than Yabu?

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 01:56:13 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Brad should bring Blatt over with Zizic. He is well respected for a reason and seeing he's from the area like you mentioned he might be happy as an assistant here.

I don't mind seeing that, I still feel David got pushed out of Cleveland, i kind of felt bad for him a lot since he got let go even when they got the best record

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 01:56:31 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Blatt is a big Celtics fan...I've seen his interview on this.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 01:57:28 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I am mostly because Kevin O'Connor thinks Zizic would go 11-14 if drafted in the 2017 loaded draft. He's pretty keyed into knowing these things.

The highlight videos also show a very skilled player.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 02:00:01 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I don't mind seeing that, I still feel David got pushed out of Cleveland, i kind of felt bad for him a lot since he got let go even when they got the best record
I agree. He did get pushed out and deserves another shot at the NBA.

Brad is the kind of guy who wouldn't have an ego problem with bringing someone like Blatt in. The Celts should look into this.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 02:08:16 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I am mostly because Kevin O'Connor thinks Zizic would go 11-14 if drafted in the 2017 loaded draft. He's pretty keyed into knowing these things.

I think they both have pros and cons.  Zizic seems like a throwback traditional center who stays mainly in the paint.  He is also a big body and will definitely take up space.  Yabu seems like a more modern 3-pt shooting big man with a lot of versatility.  I really like Yabu, but Zizic seems like a guy who can come in and make a contribution right away.  Perhaps Yabu has more long-term upside, I dunno.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 02:10:37 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I think they both have pros and cons.  Zizic seems like a throwback traditional center who stays mainly in the paint.  He is also a big body and will definitely take up space.  Yabu seems like a more modern 3-pt shooting big man with a lot of versatility.  I really like Yabu, but Zizic seems like a guy who can come in and make a contribution right away.  Perhaps Yabu has more long-term upside, I dunno.
Either way it's hard to know until they are on the team but I think Zizic is getting more hype.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 02:14:18 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Rollie I'm not sure that his skill set has improved all of that much in terms of form on his hook shots of free throws or anything but your point is well taken in that it's extremely valuable for Zizic to be working on modern, professional sets with David Blatt.

If Zizic had just stayed in the Adriatic League dominating and dunking all over inferior competition he wouldn't come out nearly as ready to contribute that he will he next year after spending time with such a professional club.

Blatt did Ante and Boston a great service by trading for him.

i mostly was talking about his pick and roll timing or crispness and his boxing out and there seemed more pace to his running the court -could just be the time with a new team and feeling more comfortable
-i thought that let hand flip hook looked good for his off hand-in the last two previous game he was covering the middle of paint and got beat twice with soft lobs to a big in this video he positioned himself to cover both and then recovered to push the forward out of position to rebound--
i was a point guard shooting guard so the nuances of being a 7foot center  are easily mistaken
by me-thanks for your imput

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 02:15:48 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Zizic because he fills a bigger team need.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 02:16:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Yeah Rollie, his boxing out was very noticeable. I think he will really help us on the boards.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 02:18:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Zizic makes a trade for Okafor much less likely since their in the paint styles are similar. Okafor has more offensive skills but Zizic is a better rebounder.