Poll

Boston's first rounder in 2018 plus three players for Randle

Yes. Please.
14 (28.6%)
No.
32 (65.3%)
I would throw in the Memphis pick as well.
3 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Poll: Kelly, Terry, Yabu, 1st rounder for Randle  (Read 6796 times)

Re: Poll: Kelly, Terry, Yabu, 1st rounder for Randle
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Way too much.

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
shocked at the results here. Randle immediately becomes our best rebounder by far and his passing leads me to believe hed fit in really well.

Id pull the trigger. I like randle a decent amount. His passing this year has been super impressive to me.

He immediately becomes our worse defender...

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Way too much.

That's fine Pearl Jammer. What do you suggest is fair value.

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2017, 06:24:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't see this trade being a good trade for either team. LA really needs to see what they have in Randle and Randle might be the best player in the trade. The whole 1 dollar doesn't equal 4 quarters argument probably comes into play here.

On the other hand, Randle is not needed here. More offense and less defense without adding superstar talent isnt needed here. Randle's game just doesn't fit with this type of offensive system, imho.

Just not a good trade....for either team.

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2017, 06:31:52 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
shocked at the results here. Randle immediately becomes our best rebounder by far and his passing leads me to believe hed fit in really well.

Id pull the trigger. I like randle a decent amount. His passing this year has been super impressive to me.

He immediately becomes our worse defender...
Isaiah Thomas tho.

His defensive rebounding alone would actually make our defense substantially improved.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 06:50:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
What is this boards obsession with Randle? It's like people think he's the second coming of Christ...
Taken 1 pick after Smart.  A lot of people wanted Randle.  We already had too many PFs (Sully, Bass, Oly) and it was pretty clear we'd need a starting PG as soon as we traded Rondo or he fled in free agency.   Randle has arguably outperformed Smart, though... so it's just one of those things.  Plus, it was reported that Ainge strongly considered taking Randle despite the PF log jam.  And it was also reported that he tried trading Rondo for Randle.  So there was definite interest.
This post is exactly why you always draft best player available.  You just don't know what will happen.

But we did. Smart is better than Randle...

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2017, 06:59:12 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
What is this boards obsession with Randle? It's like people think he's the second coming of Christ...
Taken 1 pick after Smart.  A lot of people wanted Randle.  We already had too many PFs (Sully, Bass, Oly) and it was pretty clear we'd need a starting PG as soon as we traded Rondo or he fled in free agency.   Randle has arguably outperformed Smart, though... so it's just one of those things.  Plus, it was reported that Ainge strongly considered taking Randle despite the PF log jam.  And it was also reported that he tried trading Rondo for Randle.  So there was definite interest.
This post is exactly why you always draft best player available.  You just don't know what will happen.

Indeed.  Furthermore, there were reportedly health concerns with Randle which caused him to fall.  While it probably wasn't related to his injury, suppose Randle misses his rookie season if he were Celtic.  Without Smart, and no Randle to replace him, does the team do as well, giving Ainge enough encouragement to trade for IT at the deadline?  We could be much closer to the Lakers current level but for that pick.

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2017, 07:07:57 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Meh. Yabu will be much better than Randle in the long run. Better floor spacer, defender and not a black hole on offense.

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2017, 07:08:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

TP

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2017, 07:09:11 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Way too much.

That's fine Pearl Jammer. What do you suggest is fair value.

Rozier and a non-BKN pick alone should do it and I don't want Randle here.

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2017, 07:58:00 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2017, 08:25:27 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Is he an upgrade over Olynyk?

Olynyk - Elite shooting and above average defense. No aggressiveness, below average rebounder

Randle - Elite rebounding and aggressive physical playing style, but a non-shooter and below average defender

Both players are nice passers. Neither guy has length. Both could become plus starters if they improve on some of their flaws, but neither guy shows signs they will do so.

Not sure I would bother trading Kelly for Randle straight up. Seems like a wash to me.
TP for this post.  Not sure Randall has as much of a positive effect on winning as Kelly has.  Kelly's game is more focused.  Randall is wild and unfocused.