Author Topic: Official Trade Deadline(2/23) - 30 days away!!  (Read 3979 times)

Re: Official Trade Deadline(2/23) - 31 days away!!
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2017, 11:27:49 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
We'll see, but I kinda think this trade deadline could be a bit of a dud. Everybody just seems gun shy this year for whatever reason.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2017, 11:34:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Unlike past years, I'm actually expecting nothing big to happen for the C's this deadline.

Yeah I was kind of guilty for thinking a blockbuster could happen the past few deadlines (and yeah, adding Isaiah Thomas certainly was a boon for us even if we didn't necessarily imagine what IT would become for us now - but it wasn't an expected blockbuster at the time and more of a "moderate trade")

That being said, I'm expecting a small trade that doesn't require any core player or Nets picks.

Guys like Bogut and Nurkic come to mind.

Ainge will want to have one max contract slot even if there's a slim possibility someone like Griffin or Hayward leaves their team and tests FA, so doubt he gets Chandler under contract or Robin Lopez.

I do think Ainge should target a rebounder because if not, and the C's face Indiana or Milwaukee first round, they could end up losing another first round thanks to poor rebounding and glaring lack of size.. Sorry but I have no faith in Olynyk or Zeller in the playoffs. Nada.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2017, 12:31:44 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I agree with Warriors looking unbeatable don't think DA is looking for a trades unless it's a great deal I'm terms of what he gives up.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 12:46:57 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Unlike past years, I'm actually expecting nothing big to happen for the C's this deadline.

Yeah I was kind of guilty for thinking a blockbuster could happen the past few deadlines (and yeah, adding Isaiah Thomas certainly was a boon for us even if we didn't necessarily imagine what IT would become for us now - but it wasn't an expected blockbuster at the time and more of a "moderate trade")

That being said, I'm expecting a small trade that doesn't require any core player or Nets picks.

Ainge will want to have one max contract slot even if there's a slim possibility someone like Griffin or Hayward leaves their team and tests FA, so doubt he gets Chandler under contract or Robin Lopez.

I do think Ainge should target a rebounder because if not, and the C's face Indiana or Milwaukee first round, they could end up losing another first round thanks to poor rebounding and glaring lack of size.. Sorry but I have no faith in Olynyk or Zeller in the playoffs. Nada.

I'm starting to think that Bogut won't be available. With as terrible as the bottom half of the West is, they're only 3.5 games out of the 8th seed, even being the second worst team in the West. So they might keep him for a run at the playoffs.

Nurkic, on the other hand, is apparently someone that Denver is trying their hardest to trade at the moment. I'm not giving up anything of significant value for him, such as Smart, Brown, Brooklyn picks, or our main rotation guys, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting Nurkic if it was something like Rozier and the Memphis pick, though I don't know how much they're really looking for for him.

I'd still prefer Noel to any other non-star trade. I think he'd significantly help our defense, which we need in the worst way at the moment.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 12:53:57 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm starting to think that Bogut won't be available. With as terrible as the bottom half of the West is, they're only 3.5 games out of the 8th seed, even being the second worst team in the West. So they might keep him for a run at the playoffs.

Nurkic, on the other hand, is apparently someone that Denver is trying their hardest to trade at the moment. I'm not giving up anything of significant value for him, such as Smart, Brown, Brooklyn picks, or our main rotation guys, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting Nurkic if it was something like Rozier and the Memphis pick, though I don't know how much they're really looking for for him.

I'd still prefer Noel to any other non-star trade. I think he'd significantly help our defense, which we need in the worst way at the moment.

I'm trading J Potter to the Lakers Blog!

L Bird is traded to the 76ers blog!

Tarheels is traded to the Kings blog!

I'll announce further trades!

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 12:55:18 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I agree with Warriors looking unbeatable don't think DA is looking for a trades unless it's a great deal I'm terms of what he gives up.

C's Fan you have been traded to the Warriors since you love them so much.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 01:03:24 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Unless it's a deal for someone like Cousins or Noel, I wouldn't be interested. Band-aid deals for guys like Bogut don't make sense at this point. We're not true contenders yet.

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 01:09:13 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Unless it's a deal for someone like Cousins or Noel, I wouldn't be interested. Band-aid deals for guys like Bogut don't make sense at this point. We're not true contenders yet.

You said a mouthful there, sweetheart.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 01:22:53 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I hope the Spurs beat them out in the west. That way I have a team to root for in the Finals instead of a lose-lose Cavs vs Warriors.

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 01:41:38 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Trading for Bogut seems like a great idea. He could probably be had for a project guy, maybe two, and the Minny second rounder.

Then we keep his Bird rights, presuming we could still use them to go over the cap.

Can we do that salty? Like if we match the KO offer, which will probably be a 4/60 deal, and we add a mid-level FA that takes us near the cap (like Tiago Splitter), could we use Bogut's Bird Rights to go over the cap?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 11:40:50 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

I think I'm in the same spot you are - I'd look at Nurkic as a potential buy-low option that could turn into a big starting center who rebounds, blocks shots, and can curse out Valanciunas in a Slavic language. Most importantly though, unlike other guys like Nerlens or Nik Vucevic, he stays cheap next year and makes it much easier for Ainge to use that cap space on a free agent or on extending Isaiah and/or Avery. 

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 12:04:28 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
http://www.celticsblog.com/2017/1/24/14367052/nba-trade-rumors-the-boston-celtics-should-call-the-nuggets-about-jusuf-nurkic

Zeller and a second? No way Denver does it, but I'm all over it if they do.

Mike

Yea, They'll get more than a second-rounder for him. I'd have no problem throwing a non-premium first rounder (i.e. The Nets picks are totally off the table, obviously) into a deal for Nurkic if Boston can choose the salary that gets attached to it.

Re: Official Trade Deadline(2/23) - 30 days away!!
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 12:50:28 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
http://www.celticsblog.com/2017/1/24/14367052/nba-trade-rumors-the-boston-celtics-should-call-the-nuggets-about-jusuf-nurkic

Mike

Yea, They'll get more than a second-rounder for him. I'd have no problem throwing a non-premium first rounder (i.e. The Nets picks are totally off the table, obviously) into a deal for Nurkic if Boston can choose the salary that gets attached to it.
at that price it raises the question "if he's that cheap, what's wrong with him"?

I'd be reluctant to throw in the rights to Yabu as someone else mentioned.  Would offer Jackson, Young or rights to Nader as sweeteners if needed (that's if we still have the rights to Nader as opposed to a gentlemen's agreement to pay him not to sign elsewhere)

Re: Official Trade Deadline(2/23) - 30 days away!!
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 01:06:58 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum

Mike

at that price it raises the question "if he's that cheap, what's wrong with him"?

I'd be reluctant to throw in the rights to Yabu as someone else mentioned.  Would offer Jackson, Young or rights to Nader as sweeteners if needed (that's if we still have the rights to Nader as opposed to a gentlemen's agreement to pay him not to sign elsewhere)

I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with him (other than the turnover issue), the trade market for non-star-level centers is just pretty weak right now. Denver simply looks like it has the courage that Philly lacks to move on from a big that doesn't fit their long-term plans.