Author Topic: Jabari Parker Feud?  (Read 4019 times)

Jabari Parker Feud?
« on: January 22, 2017, 04:37:56 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Did you guys hear about this? Parker was benched for making comments about internal discussions.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18530747/milwaukee-bucks-jabari-parker-comes-bench-punishment

"I spoke up for the first time, and it didn't go my way," Parker said to the media. "I was getting thrashed, but hey, as long as I give them another perspective, I did my job."

The team agreed that his punishment should be a game off the bench.

It's a little thing, but it could be a big thing that disunifies a good young core - especially with how good Parker has been this year in Giannis' shadow, even though Kidd is obviously making Giannis the focus of the team.

I like Parker a lot, but I never though that duo made any sense. I wonder if there will be any more discord.

I'd be willing to trade quite a bit for him.

Re: Jabari Parker Feud?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 04:48:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Parker for Thomas based deal would be intriguing for both sides.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 04:51:46 PM »

Offline fingerlakes

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
I would trade the Brooklyn 2017 even up for him but would not give them much else.  Love Jabari and think he would be a good fit.  Bucks get to draft that point guard they desperately need and Parker slides into the power forward slot.  Agree with you that Grannis and Jabari are very similar and Kidd would love to get Ball.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 04:53:09 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Only if C's land Fultz/Ball does trading IT make any sense.

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 04:58:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Only if C's land Fultz/Ball does trading IT make any sense.
yeah, I also have a hard time imagining Milwaukee gives him up without getting Brooklyn '17 back but if we are in a position to pick Ball or Fultz come draft night and they feel Giannis shouldnt be a gaurd and that jabari is a bit redundant than it could make sense for both sides.

Isaiah gives them a superstar scorer and their elite length can hide his defensive shortcomings while we get to recenter our window on young players bringing in the best or second best pg prospect since Kyrie while also bringing in our scoring wing of the future.

Could be something to keep an eye out for over the next 6 months.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 05:00:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't think Isaiah and Giannis will work. Both need to be the primary ball-handler. They are too ball dominant. And Giannis still cannot work off the ball.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 05:04:17 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
no idea why parker and giannis "don't fit" or why on earth would we trade IT for Jabari or why on earth would the bucks agree. I absolutely love Parker but it's not happening.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 05:04:55 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't think Isaiah and Giannis will work. Both need to be the primary ball-handler. They are too ball dominant. And Giannis still cannot work off the ball.
I agree also with above about the 2017 outside top 2 picks
 Smith would be a good fit for the Bucks.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 05:20:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Middleton is coming back soon.  It would be great if he or Parker became available.

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 05:27:28 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

I agree. Weakest position on Bucks is PG. If they like IT he would be great addition to their team. And for the Celtics even if they don't land Fultz/Ball they can still have Smart as their starting PG. Parker would be great addition to the Celtics, fantastic addition he will fit right in

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 05:38:21 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I'd imagine they'd be looking for Crowder in any deal for Parker who you'd think Kidd would love and would make a great fit on that young roster. Just my read on the situation but Crowder seems like he might rather play for a more grind it out, old school coach where Jabari would probably feast on all of the spacing here

The trade would be a total punt on this year since our defense would collapse without Crowder but down the road a wing core of Jaylen Brown and Jabari Parker could put us up there with the elite if the two continue to develop.

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 05:48:56 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
I'd imagine they'd be looking for Crowder in any deal for Parker who you'd think Kidd would love and would make a great fit on that young roster. Just my read on the situation but Crowder seems like he might rather play for a more grind it out, old school coach where Jabari would probably feast on all of the spacing here

The trade would be a total punt on this year since our defense would collapse without Crowder but down the road a wing core of Jaylen Brown and Jabari Parker could put us up there with the elite if the two continue to develop.

What defense? We have a defense this season?

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 05:50:03 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

What defense? We have a defense this season?

Well the defense will be even worse without Crowder.

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 06:09:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
I think something based around Bradley for Parker makes a ton of sense, especially with Middleton coming back.

Mil - Bradley, Rozier, and the 2019 Memphis pick

Bos - Parker, Beasley

BOS -

PG: IT, Jackson
SG: Smart, Green
SF: Crowder, Brown
PF: Parker, KO/JJ
C: Horford, Amir

MIL -

PG: Rozier, Brogdon, Delly
SG: Bradley, Vaughn
SF: Middleton, Snell
PF: Ante, Teletovic
C: Henson, Monroe, Plumlee

That puts Middleton and Ante at their more natural forward positions, and it gives them a dangerous swing/forward lineup of Bradley, Middleton, and Ante at that crucial defensive area. It also adds quality shooting for them, which they desperately need in their starting lineup.

For us, I think this makes a ton of sense if we plan on keeping the Brooklyn pick and drafting a Fultz or Ball. It also moves Horford back to his natural position of center and gives us another significant scorer to go to at the end of games.

If we don't trade for a Boogie type, then I'd love for something like this to go down. And I ultimately think it makes sense for both sides if Bradley would be willing to re-up with Milwaukee long-term.

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 06:11:49 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
I think something based around Bradley for Parker makes a ton of sense, especially with Middleton coming back.

Mil - Bradley, Rozier, and the 2019 Memphis pick

Bos - Parker, Beasley

BOS -

PG: IT, Jackson
SG: Smart, Green
SF: Crowder, Brown
PF: Parker, KO/JJ
C: Horford, Amir

MIL -

PG: Rozier, Brogdon, Delly
SG: Bradley, Vaughn
SF: Middleton, Snell
PF: Ante, Teletovic
C: Henson, Monroe, Plumlee

That puts Middleton and Ante at their more natural forward positions, and it gives them a dangerous swing/forward lineup of Bradley, Middleton, and Ante at that crucial defensive area. It also adds quality shooting for them, which they desperately need in their starting lineup.

For us, I think this makes a ton of sense if we plan on keeping the Brooklyn pick and drafting a Fultz or Ball. It also moves Horford back to his natural position of center and gives us another significant scorer to go to at the end of games.

I think that won't be enough for Parker. If he gets on trade block there will be many offers from many teams and i bet few better than the one you proposed