Author Topic: Is Bradley our most valuable player?  (Read 860 times)

Is Bradley our most valuable player?
« on: January 22, 2017, 12:37:09 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It's beginning to look that way.

Re: Is Bradley our most valuable player?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 12:39:48 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
If you remember last year playoff when AB got hurt we lost all our chances in the series and it didn't matter how good IT was. AB is my favorite Celtic and i would like him to continue being a Celtic.

EDIT: Players who are good on both ends are more valuable on a team that plays system basketball, like the Spurs for example. I think that the Celtics under BS are trying to be something similar so that is why players like AB are valuable.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:39:50 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
What people forget is that, along with being an elite defender for the team, he's also technically the #2 scorer on this team.

Rozier chipped in well last night, but ultimately IT did his job with 41.. but no one else really stepped up. Bradley would have been big yesterday, I agree.

As for MVP.. I'd still think it's Isaiah Thomas honestly.

If you keep Bradley and not IT, Celtics would be more like 15-27 right now, because like it or not, we NEED IT's scoring.

Bradley imo is definitely the #2 best player on this team now, not Horford (though Horford is solid #2 or #3 option each night).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:42:31 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
If you remember last year playoff when AB got hurt we lost all our chances in the series and it didn't matter how good IT was. AB is my favorite Celtic and i would like him to continue being a Celtic.

You're going to have to end up losing one of Smart/Bradley/IT after 2018.

Unless Wyc is willing to pay a monster luxury tax.

I love all our players and I hate to let any of them go. I know Turner is not worth 4/75, but it was still sad seeing him go. But that's how it is. I think out of the trio, Bradley is likely to get traded for a BIG, especially if the C's draft Fultz or Ball this summer.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 12:48:11 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

I love all our players and I hate to let any of them go. I know Turner is not worth 4/75, but it was still sad seeing him go. But that's how it is. I think out of the trio, Bradley is likely to get traded for a BIG, especially if the C's draft Fultz or Ball this summer.

We know that IT and AB will ask for a lot of money. AB maybe some 18m per season and IT some 24m per season but we don't know how much Smart would ask. I love all three guys but Smart i think 12-14mil per season for Smart would be ok and Celtics will pay but what if he asks the same money as AB?

Do you resign Smart or AB if they ask the same amount of money?

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 12:49:16 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460

I like IT and Smart as the starters at that point backed up by Rozier and Fultz.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 12:59:30 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
It is funny you made this post.  Someone on the game thread said that what IT gave us on offense was offset by what he gave up on defense.  So I decided to check the team's on/off court numbers and found something I hadn't expected.  With AB on court this season, the teams +/- is 0.0.  With him off court, the teams +/- is 2.0.  That seems to suggest AB is a detriment but that doesn't sound right. 

As far as team +/- goes, Crowder would be our most valuable player with a 4.5 on court and -1.6 off court.  Horford would be a distant second with a 3.0 on court and 0.3 off court. 

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612738/onoffcourt-traditional/?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=1