Author Topic: IT4 going for 30 ppg - Currently at 29.4  (Read 3804 times)

IT4 going for 30 ppg - Currently at 29.4
« on: January 22, 2017, 07:37:08 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
It would be really neat to see him hit 30 ppg. He's currently at 29.

Thought it would be fun to start a thread tracking his progress to that goal.

Last night he went from 28.7 to 29.0.

IT4 is currently 2nd in ppg in the league.

Westbrook is first at 30.6. Harden is third at 28.7.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:26:44 AM by TrueFan »

Re: IT4 going for 30 ppg
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 12:07:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I expect so. He is too focused on himself and his own accomplishments / goals.

So yeah, I fully expect Isaiah to be gunning for 30ppg over remainder of the season.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 12:21:03 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I could certainly see him eyeing the scoring title now that he got slighted for the All-Star starting nod.

And I'm fine with that as long as he does it efficiently and we don't see his %'s take a dive.

I'm not blaming these last two losses on IT looking for his shot. He put up 39 and 41 on .490/.391/.904 shooting. That's excellent.

If Ainge is even remotely worried about this negatively affecting our record, he should simply work out a trade for a certain 28ppg big. That'll take enough shots away from IT to get him out of the scoring title mindset.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:22:08 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
That would break Larry's single season PPG record of 29.9
Yup

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 12:36:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

So yeah, I fully expect Isaiah to be gunning for 30ppg over remainder of the season.

Well, he is shooting 46% from the field, 39% from 3.

91% from the FT line as well. Not that bad.

The main thing though is that this C's team doesn't really have another true scorer. Bradley has been injured, yes, but even when he's out there he is good for about 15-20 a game with the occasional 25+. Horford and Crowder are great all rounded players but they usually give you 15 PPG, so IT needs to score.

That's why a "#2 scorer" is considered a NEED around here. Raptors have Lowry/DeRozan, Portland have Lilliard/McCollum. Notice how when Lilliard struggled early yesterday, McCollum carried the load. When IT struggles though, no one else can really step up.

That's also a big reason Westbrook is #1 in scoring with 30.6 PPG . His other great options are Oladipo, then Kanter...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 01:20:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I never have gotten into scoring per game stats. I am usually concerned with the win-loss stats. IT4 probably has more to do with those stats than any other Celtic, so I am good.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 02:27:17 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
That would break Larry's single season PPG record of 29.9
That would be something.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Well, he is shooting 46% from the field, 39% from 3.

91% from the FT line as well. Not that bad.

The main thing though is that this C's team doesn't really have another true scorer. Bradley has been injured, yes, but even when he's out there he is good for about 15-20 a game with the occasional 25+. Horford and Crowder are great all rounded players but they usually give you 15 PPG, so IT needs to score.

That's why a "#2 scorer" is considered a NEED around here. Raptors have Lowry/DeRozan, Portland have Lilliard/McCollum. Notice how when Lilliard struggled early yesterday, McCollum carried the load. When IT struggles though, no one else can really step up.

That's also a big reason Westbrook is #1 in scoring with 30.6 PPG . His other great options are Oladipo, then Kanter...
Good point. We don't have another guy you can say ok go get us 25 tonight. IT is consistent and every great team has a consistent scorer. Contending teams have more then one.

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I never have gotten into scoring per game stats. I am usually concerned with the win-loss stats. IT4 probably has more to do with those stats than any other Celtic, so I am good.
Why not? It would be an incredible accomplishment for him worth celebrating. Not many players are capable of doing what he is.

To make it even sweeter he was the last guy picked in his draft year. Imagine if he won the scoring title.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:37:15 PM by TrueFan »

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Why not? It would be an incredible accomplishment for him worth celebrating. Not many players are capable of doing what he is.

To make it even sweeter he was the last guy picked in his draft year. Imagine if he won the scoring title.
I dont care. Scoring titles mean nothing to me. NBA titles do. Over the last 40 years or I think only two players have won the scoring and NBA titles in the same year.

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

I dont care. Scoring titles mean nothing to me. NBA titles do. Over the last 40 years or I think only two players have won the scoring and NBA titles in the same year.
We aren't winning a title this year. Seeing our players improve to the point one can win a scoring title is huge. We should celebrate those improvements.

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

We aren't winning a title this year. Seeing our players improve to the point one can win a scoring title is huge. We should celebrate those improvements.
Meh...dont see it that way. If he wins....yea....I guess but I really dont care.

I just think that being close to a scoring title might make players be concerned more about their scoring and less about their winning. I am probably wrong but thats why I could care less.

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
If I remember correctly, Celtics never had a scoring leader.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I saw a Chris Forsberg tweet today in that IT4 has a chance to produce the best scoring month in C's history.  Then I checked out the chart he had with the tweet.  Great for IT4, but here's how his month compares against the others (note: stats are PPG/RPG/APG) I'll stick with those:

PP34: 2/2006 - 11 Games: 33.5/4.7/4.4
LB33: 4/1987 - 9 Games: 33.3/9.0/8.9
IT4: 1/2017 - 9 Games: 33.2/3.6/5.7
LB33: 2/1988 - 13 Games: 33.1/11.8/5.9

Not taking away what IT is doing, but LB33's stat's were sick! 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 09:13:39 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
IT4 upped his scoring average to 29.1 after scoring 38 points vs the Rockets.