Author Topic: When will AB come back?  (Read 2388 times)

When will AB come back?
« on: January 22, 2017, 06:57:48 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Didn't watch the last two games but will we win if AB is here?

And why Gerald Green didn't play, thought he was on a hot stretch?

Re: When will AB come back?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 07:13:31 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Absolutely no excuses are  acceptable in losing to two mediocre or simply bad opponents at home. I don't want to hear anything about Bradley. No Porzingis either.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 08:43:56 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't think that we would have won the NY game with or without AB. We were just never really in that game. Now the game against Portland I have to think we would win with ABs defense on either Lillard or McCollum could have been the difference. Plus we lose ABs offense which is really important also. I feel though that this happens every year with AB. He gets better and better each year but toward the end of the season he gets some sort of injury which affects him and keeps him out which hurts the team. That being said, as much as I love AB I feel he is the one we have to move to improve our team.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 10:07:33 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
the last couple of losses have nothing to do with no AB. it's the design of the team, imo the roster doesn't match BS's coaching philosophy. he's getting what he can out of it, they peaked last yr. and now they're just getting exposed for what they are - all hustle with not much talent roster.

the hustle was only going to get us so far. 

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 10:23:55 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hopefully, AB comes back when he is 100% we can ill afford to lose him if he rushes back too early and tears his achilles.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 10:28:09 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
Hopefully, AB comes back when he is 100% we can ill afford to lose him if he rushes back too early and tears his achilles.

yeah cause that's the whole problem...

honestly if I was a realistic Celtics fan i'd would start coming to grips with the notion that AB isn't going to be around the rest of the season. and he might've played his last games in a Celtics uni.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 10:33:12 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

honestly if I was a realistic Celtics fan i'd would start coming to grips with the notion that AB isn't going to be around the rest of the season. and he might've played his last games in a Celtics uni.

So 26 year old Avery Bradley who does not have an achilles tear and is scheduled to sit out the next week may have a career ending injury? Please enlighten us.

If you are simply saying he may not play again for the Cs because of a mid-season trade, then please clarify; however, I am reading your comment as Bradley being out for at least the next season and a half. That seems bonkers based on the reports we have read. Heck, even though he was not his usual self, he even came back and played a game.

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 11:03:49 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I really can't tell where your going with his one.

If your talking injury.   An achilles injuries can really hurt a player and be career ending.

If your hinting at a trade.    I think your thought process is unrealistic.  Ainge is not an idiot.    He would not sit him "with an injury"  prior to trading him because that would hurt his trade value.   You don't say a guy is hurt and try to deal him because you get less in return.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 12:20:03 PM by Celtics4ever »

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 11:04:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

So 26 year old Avery Bradley who does not have an achilles tear and is scheduled to sit out the next week may have a career ending injury? Please enlighten us.

If you are simply saying he may not play again for the Cs because of a mid-season trade, then please clarify; however, I am reading your comment as Bradley being out for at least the next season and a half. That seems bonkers based on the reports we have read. Heck, even though he was not his usual self, he even came back and played a game.
I think he was implying he would get traded.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2017, 11:12:29 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The correct answer is when he is 100%

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 12:11:32 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
the last couple of losses have nothing to do with no AB. it's the design of the team, imo the roster doesn't match BS's coaching philosophy. he's getting what he can out of it, they peaked last yr. and now they're just getting exposed for what they are - all hustle with not much talent roster.

the hustle was only going to get us so far.

Really? You don't think having another two way player (our best one at that) out there against Rose, Lillard, and McCollum would make a difference? Come on.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 12:24:30 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
instead of repeating myself to everyone that quoted me i'll just respond in a single post.

I am saying the achilles injury is a scary one, he came back and it still wasn't right and with AB recovery time has been an issue. i'm thinking they're being extremely cautious because they want him healthy for the playoffs - hence the reason I said Celtics fans should get used to him not being here the rest of the season. and once again knowing Bradley I would not be surprised if he's still not good to go for the duration of the playoffs... on top of the achilles injury being a scary injury.

after that? no I wouldn't be surprised if he was dealt in the off season.

why does everyone here take it so personal when someone isn't giving anyone related to the Celtics an award or praising them?

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 05:28:33 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
guess no one liked that answer either?

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 05:31:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The correct answer is when he is 100%

LOL...that's never ....he came damaged from college.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 04:54:11 AM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
guess no one liked that answer either?

what you said is always possible, but I don't think AB is more likely to go than Smart or Crowder, who have their own injury issues, actually I think AB is less likely to go if we keep on losing without him.