Author Topic: The Isaiah Thomas Case  (Read 3350 times)

Re: The Isaiah Thomas Case
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 02:12:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
The little guy is a scoring first guard..  With some defensive weaknesses..  He fits next to Bradley and crowder.
If a miracle happens and we get buttler or cousins or Hayward,  I do not see the fit.. These guys need someone to feed them.. Not someone dominating the ball..
And something else.
He does not feed our bigs enough
I like his scoring instincts and his guts
To win a championship you need s more balanced team
I know I am a minority but my opinion we will reach the next level without Thomas.

Agreed. He is too selfish. He is getting a big head and sharing the ball less and less over the last 18 months. I am worried as well as to how well Isaiah can play next to other scorers once they are acquired. I am not optimistic about it.

Taking the first half or a little more of 2015, compared to this year so far, he's gone from 22ppg and 7 apg on 55% TS% to 29ppg and 6apg on 62% TS%.

I see a decent increase in usage, a substantial increase in scoring and scoring efficiency, and a small decline in creating for others.

Even if you take the past two months, he's averaging almost 32ppg and 5.8 apg, on 65% TS%.

He's shooting more efficiently than Lebron. About as efficiently as Chris Paul, Steph Curry and James Harden. And his highest-scoring games have been incredible in terms of shooting efficiency.

"Too selfish"? "Big head"?

Good post, TP. Completely agree. Plenty of knee-jerk reactions to a pair of bad losses shortly after losing to our true division rival, the Raptors. All three games were without Bradley, not only our most accomplished defender, but also our number 2 scorer.
and sadly, our best rebounder this season.