Author Topic: How are we going to fix our defense?  (Read 5448 times)

Re: How are we going to fix our defense?
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2017, 01:47:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Draft Josh Jackson

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2017, 02:30:18 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Talent

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2017, 02:44:21 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
How did defense go from being this team's hallmark, to its weakness?

This is the most appalling thing about our team.  It's really beyond me.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 04:19:33 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Talent
TP.  All this complaining about rebounding, defense, etc is just beating around the bushes.  A team whose top 3 players are Thomas, Horford and Bradley is not a contender for a title.  On a contending team, those three would be 3rd or 4th best players.  Looking at our young players: Smart, Brown, Rozier.  We clearly don't have any of the best young talent in the league either.  We're well positioned to tread water as a playoff pretender for years to come.  Maybe the two  Nets picks will get us some good young star talent but maybe we only end up with a couple good starters (i.e. 3rd or 4th best players on a contender). 

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 06:01:18 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Talent
TP.  All this complaining about rebounding, defense, etc is just beating around the bushes.  A team whose top 3 players are Thomas, Horford and Bradley is not a contender for a title.  On a contending team, those three would be 3rd or 4th best players.  Looking at our young players: Smart, Brown, Rozier.  We clearly don't have any of the best young talent in the league either.  We're well positioned to tread water as a playoff pretender for years to come.  Maybe the two  Nets picks will get us some good young star talent but maybe we only end up with a couple good starters (i.e. 3rd or 4th best players on a contender).

Thomas the third best player on a title team? Also the Celtics do have promising players, maybe not the best but they do have a bright future. Also the defense has fallen off this year and they DO have the defensive talent despite what the poster you are responding to is saying.