Author Topic: Worst back-to-back HOME losses in half a decade!!!  (Read 9308 times)

Re: Worst back-to-back HOME losses in half a decade!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2017, 07:25:09 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Rebounding is not the issue. As a proof we outrebound Portland last night ans still lost.
Lack of commitment and probably lack of communication is the main problem in our defense.
It has been like that since november, I'm not fooled by the fact that IT makes us win games almost by himself.
We are not playing like a 55 win team right now. We will when we play solid defense like last season.
It's even more obvious now AB is injured, but AB is not the main reason for our poor defensive plays.
Brad keeps talking about the defense event, he's very frustrated in interviews about the subject.

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2017, 07:50:06 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I try hard not to get riled up about 2.4% of the season.

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2017, 08:00:03 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
It's rough. To me it's magnified by the fact our last 3 losses were against teams (Toronto, New York and Portland) that Embiid has been able to beat this month in limited minutes.  That worries me.

Lb this is just flat out garbage and trying to derail threads. I've defended you multiple times in the past when people have called for you to be suspended or banned for your behavior. I can't in this situation. This thread has zero to do with the 76ers and you are just trying to annoy people and derail the thread with this.
Guys, guys, guys...  lb will not change, ever.   Just. Put him on ignore as. I did. Since then cab has become a muncher more entertaining place for me.
It's a genuine reaction I had while watching the games.  "[dang] this is the 3rd team in a row we have lost to that Embiid has beat with his size". I've been admitting for years that I was jealous of Philly fans getting to root for players with actual superstar potential.  As we start to see the result of those superstar prospects, it's on my mind a lot I guess.  I'm very much looking forward to the 2017 draft.   

I suspect some people are mad at me because I'm saying what's on a lot of other people's minds here.

Btw I love what Isaiah has done this season.  But getting a young superstar big has been my dream forever.   It's been a common topic in my posts going back 11 years.
I think it's a legitimate reaction. It probably deserves its own thread but I could see how you wanted to respond in response to this thread.

People find different things interesting to talk about. It certainly was a lot more interesting to me then dwelling on two losses and over reacting that they were the two worst losses of the year. If you start a thread like this then I stop caring if someone hijacks it.

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 08:42:28 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I think the Celtics have shown repeatedly this year they can't afford the loss of a key starting player without becoming an ordinary team.

This.  I don't think you can evaluate this team fairly when they are missing any of the IT-AB-Crowder-Horford group from the game.  AB is a huge reason this franchise is any good at all - and not having him for a game with Lillard and McCollum is rough.

We all know the Celtics can't get defensive rebounds.  And we all know their defense, which isn't that good to start, really suffers because of the rebounding problem.  That is what you take away from these two losses.  Even if they won last night, those issues would still exist and that is what you should be worried about.

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 08:03:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Rebounding is not the issue. As a proof we outrebound Portland last night ans still lost.
Lack of commitment and probably lack of communication is the main problem in our defense.
It has been like that since november, I'm not fooled by the fact that IT makes us win games almost by himself.
We are not playing like a 55 win team right now. We will when we play solid defense like last season.
It's even more obvious now AB is injured, but AB is not the main reason for our poor defensive plays.
Brad keeps talking about the defense event, he's very frustrated in interviews about the subject.

Wow, you truly believe that rebounding is NOT an issue because in ONE of only a small handful of games we outrebounded someone, right??  We are 28th out of 30 teams in rebounding and IT is NOT an issue???

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/rebounds-per-game

We have the 3rd worst (28th) rebounding differential, and rebounding is NOT a problem!!!!

I am actually dumbfounded!!

I give you that we outrebounded Portland.  Where we lost we in what I call the hustle stats (steals and rebounding).  Portland had a total of 16 of both and we had 8 total.  They had 12 steals to our 6.  They WANTED this game MORE than we did!!!!

Wow!!  Continue to live in denial and try and convince yourself that we have NO issue with REBOUNDING!!!

Smitty77

We were second in the league in steals last year and THIS year we are 19th. 

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2017, 08:06:09 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
It's rough. To me it's magnified by the fact our last 3 losses were against teams (Toronto, New York and Portland) that Embiid has been able to beat this month in limited minutes.  That worries me.

Lb this is just flat out garbage and trying to derail threads. I've defended you multiple times in the past when people have called for you to be suspended or banned for your behavior. I can't in this situation. This thread has zero to do with the 76ers and you are just trying to annoy people and derail the thread with this.
Guys, guys, guys...  lb will not change, ever.   Just. Put him on ignore as. I did. Since then cab has become a muncher more entertaining place for me.
It's a genuine reaction I had while watching the games.  "[dang] this is the 3rd team in a row we have lost to that Embiid has beat with his size". I've been admitting for years that I was jealous of Philly fans getting to root for players with actual superstar potential.  As we start to see the result of those superstar prospects, it's on my mind a lot I guess.  I'm very much looking forward to the 2017 draft.   

I suspect some people are mad at me because I'm saying what's on a lot of other people's minds here.

Btw I love what Isaiah has done this season.  But getting a young superstar big has been my dream forever.   It's been a common topic in my posts going back 11 years.
I think it's a legitimate reaction. It probably deserves its own thread but I could see how you wanted to respond in response to this thread.

People find different things interesting to talk about. It certainly was a lot more interesting to me then dwelling on two losses and over reacting that they were the two worst losses of the year. If you start a thread like this then I stop caring if someone hijacks it.

My argument was that this was NOT just the worst back to back HOME losses of this year, but of the last FIVE years!!!  Also, please do NOT pretend that this is the first thread that has been hijacked by LarBrd!!!  Many other sites simply do NOT allow this and quickly rectify it.  The mods tend to handle things very quickly here, but for some odd reason, this has been allowed to fester into a mountain.  Please Roy, end this for everyone.

Smitty77

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 08:11:56 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
i literally mentioned this as your reaction if we lost on the first or second page of the game thread

Love it
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

My argument was that this was NOT just the worst back to back HOME losses of this year, but of the last FIVE years!!!  Also, please do NOT pretend that this is the first thread that has been hijacked by LarBrd!!!  Many other sites simply do NOT allow this and quickly rectify it.  The mods tend to handle things very quickly here, but for some odd reason, this has been allowed to fester into a mountain.  Please Roy, end this for everyone.

Smitty77
Hes very civil. I never see him attacking posters.

The thread itself I found offensive. As a fan I hate reading these over reactions and team bashing threads. It was over kill.

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i literally mentioned this as your reaction if we lost on the first or second page of the game thread

Love it
TP.  I'm pretty bummed out about it.  I think even adding a guy like bogut would help, though.  Watching all 6 of those games in a two week span highlighted how important size is. 

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 09:10:35 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

Love it
TP.  I'm pretty bummed out about it.  I think even adding a guy like bogut would help, though.  Watching all 6 of those games in a two week span highlighted how important size is.
size is definitely important

The 2018 draft is supposed to have some good bigs

Hopefully the nets still suck by then!
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 09:16:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Love it
size is definitely important

The 2018 draft is supposed to have some good bigs

Hopefully the nets still suck by then!
totally.  That and if this zizic kid is as good as some fans here think, maybe he will be the guy we need.

We have a lot of coals in the fire.  Long-term there's plenty of reason for hope.  It's just a bummer watching our team struggle in the same way in every loss.  We should still finish towards the top of the East this season and have multiple outlets for improvement we could explore. 

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2017, 09:39:09 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Smitty77

I agree making this thread about philly was uncalled for and cheap.

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2017, 10:11:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Smitty77

making this thread about larbrd33 is even more uncalled for and cheaper.  This thread is literally about panicking.  The original post literally asked why he shouldn't panic.  I took it as a venue for going into panic-mode and freaking out about our recent play. This is actually a perfect thread for me to panic about the fact a healthy Philly team is better than us.  Our lack of size is a problem made clear to me by watching us struggle against teams Philly beat this month with their size.  I was just agreeing with the premise of the thread.

To quote Smitty in the original post, "PLEASE, help tell me WHY I should NOT panic"...

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2017, 10:29:51 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

making this thread about larbrd33 is even more uncalled for and cheaper.  This thread is literally about panicking.  The original post literally asked why he shouldn't panic.  I took it as a venue for going into panic-mode and freaking out about our recent play. This is actually a perfect thread for me to panic about the fact a healthy Philly team is better than us.  Our lack of size is a problem made clear to me by watching us struggle against teams Philly beat this month with their size.  I was just agreeing with the premise of the thread.

To quote Smitty in the original post, "PLEASE, help tell me WHY I should NOT panic"...

How about we let Smitty speak for HIMSELF!!!  I in NO way was asking for a Philly comparison to allegedly make me feel less panicked!!

You, LarBrd, think you are a master at spinning, but you are really NOT very good at it at all!!!

Please do not pretend to know what I was asking for.  I can ASSURE you that what you gave back was in NO WAY related or relevant!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2017, 10:31:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I have been a poster here for a long time. I have seen posters get disciplined for lesser offenses of rule breaking. How LB gets away with constantly derailing threads into his own, self promoting, self indulging love of Philly is disgusting. Mods....you really need to stop this. It is effecting the overall community atmosphere at this blog.