Author Topic: Worst back-to-back HOME losses in half a decade!!!  (Read 9307 times)

Re: Worst back-to-back HOME losses in half a decade!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2017, 10:02:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's rough. To me it's magnified by the fact our last 3 losses were against teams (Toronto, New York and Portland) that Embiid has been able to beat this month in limited minutes.  That worries me.

Lb this is just flat out garbage and trying to derail threads. I've defended you multiple times in the past when people have called for you to be suspended or banned for your behavior. I can't in this situation. This thread has zero to do with the 76ers and you are just trying to annoy people and derail the thread with this.
this thread is about how the sky is falling and we just had the two worst home losses of the decade.  The thing that has me concerned is that I literally just watched an inferior group beat all three of those teams because they had size.   It is what it is.   Our lack of size seems to be a problem.  We don't need to get a boogie or Embiid level talent. Maybe simply adding a nurkic or biyombo type will be enough to make a difference. 

Also, you know me well enough personally to know my greatest fear is Philly leap-frogging us.  I like to face my fears head on.  Instead of pretending it's not happening, id rather acknowledge the horror happening in front of my eyes and hope that focusing on it will make it go away.

You say your worst fear is Philly leap-frogging us, yet you have a 76ers blog profile  ::).

I know I haven't been here as long as some, but LarBrd33 (among others) has made this forum so unenjoyable that I am close to deleting my profile or at least stop coming on here long term
please don't.  I'll miss all your great insight.   You are one of the only reasons I visit this forum.

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2017, 10:06:36 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Allow me to recap an increasingly common sequence of events on C's blog.

1) A thread intended to discuss the Celtics team is started.  In this case, about our recent home losses to NYK and Portland.
2) LarBrd33 comes along and somehow relates something that isn't related at all to the 76ers and Embiid.
3) The thread is successfully derailed and devolves into further meaningless 76ers discussion that hasn't already been discussed dozens of times over.

These two losses were embarrassingly bad.  But I'm more worried about Bradley's health and the long term outlook for our defense, which has been miserable of late.

Here's a better one:

There have been 29 responses to the OP.  LB's initial post + his replies account for 7, while 11 other posts are in response to his initial post.  11 out of 29.  In a nutshell, the problem is created by others, not LarBrd.  If you ignore those of his posts you don't like, trolling would not be possible.  I may have said repeated this 42x now, and every time, it falls on deaf ears.  Ignore what you don't like and move on -- else, you will continue to reinforce what you don't like. LB isn't going anywhere and makes a lot of interesting posts -- stop torturing yourselves.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2017, 10:10:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I think emotions are just high because of a loss and people want someone to attack.  I'm fine with people venting at my expense.  Smitty made a thread about how these were the worst loses in a half decade (an exaggeration). I responded with my own emotional reaction which is that it stung harder because a widely ridiculed crappy team with a decent big just beat all three of those teams.   I wonder what might have happened if we weren't so small

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2017, 10:12:13 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2920

1) A thread intended to discuss the Celtics team is started.  In this case, about our recent home losses to NYK and Portland.
2) LarBrd33 comes along and somehow relates something that isn't related at all to the 76ers and Embiid.
3) The thread is successfully derailed and devolves into further meaningless 76ers discussion that hasn't already been discussed dozens of times over.

These two losses were embarrassingly bad.  But I'm more worried about Bradley's health and the long term outlook for our defense, which has been miserable of late.

Here's a better one:

There have been 29 responses to the OP.  LB's initial post + his replies account for 7, while 11 other posts are in response to his initial post.  11 out of 29.  In a nutshell, the problem is created by others, not LarBrd.  If you ignore those of his posts you don't like, trolling would not be possible.  I may have said repeated this 42x now, and every time, it falls on deaf ears.  Ignore what you don't like and move on -- else, you will continue to reinforce what you don't like. LB isn't going anywhere and makes a lot of interesting posts -- stop torturing yourselves.

Seems like victim-blaming and letting an attention-grabbing troll off the hook to me. I don't really think it's fair or justified to blame the responses to the troll rather than the troll himself.

To me, it seems more logical to just remove the troll than to rely on others not to respond to the troll, and that's become an increasingly popular opinion on here.

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2017, 10:12:49 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think the Celtics have shown repeatedly this year they can't afford the loss of a key starting player without becoming an ordinary team. It points to a lack of depth. Maybe a key factor is Turner, who added greatly to their depth in the past. Oddly enough, their strength last year was depth--and they don't seem to have it anymore.

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2017, 10:13:00 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
It's rough. To me it's magnified by the fact our last 3 losses were against teams (Toronto, New York and Portland) that Embiid has been able to beat this month in limited minutes.  That worries me.

Lb this is just flat out garbage and trying to derail threads. I've defended you multiple times in the past when people have called for you to be suspended or banned for your behavior. I can't in this situation. This thread has zero to do with the 76ers and you are just trying to annoy people and derail the thread with this.
Guys, guys, guys...  lb will not change, ever.   Just. Put him on ignore as. I did. Since then cab has become a muncher more entertaining place for me.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 10:16:10 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Guys, guys, guys...  lb will not change, ever.   Just. Put him on ignore as. I did. Since then cab has become a muncher more entertaining place for me.
It's a genuine reaction I had while watching the games.  "[dang] this is the 3rd team in a row we have lost to that Embiid has beat with his size". I've been admitting for years that I was jealous of Philly fans getting to root for players with actual superstar potential.  As we start to see the result of those superstar prospects, it's on my mind a lot I guess.  I'm very much looking forward to the 2017 draft.   

I suspect some people are mad at me because I'm saying what's on a lot of other people's minds here.

Btw I love what Isaiah has done this season.  But getting a young superstar big has been my dream forever.   It's been a common topic in my posts going back 11 years.

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 10:18:32 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Here's a better one:

Seems like victim-blaming and letting an attention-grabbing troll off the hook to me. I don't really think it's fair or justified to blame the responses to the troll rather than the troll himself.

To me, it seems more logical to just remove the troll than to rely on others not to respond to the troll, and that's become an increasingly popular opinion on here.

To an extent, it is.  I like LB, but I was also irritated by his initial post.  If no one responded, the thread wouldn't have been hijacked, right?  I guess I figure it's impossible to ban every one that trolls, and that the same people seem to complain about it means there's likely a simple solution where every one wins (except the Celtics)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 10:24:16 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Since you haven't been keeping up, here is what he's been up to. I used data visualization software to create a "word cloud" of his last 50 posts.

(Yes, this is real. And it's meant purely for humor value, to lighten the discussion. I probably appreciate LarBrd more than most others around here.)

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Since you haven't been keeping up, here is what he's been up to. I used data visualization software to create a "word cloud" of his last 50 posts.

(Yes, this is real. And it's meant purely for humor value, to lighten the discussion. I probably appreciate LarBrd more than most others around here.)

pretty much the same for the entire forum except big and large dead center would be "LarBrd33".

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 10:33:19 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

pretty much the same for the entire forum except big and large dead center would be "LarBrd33".

Haha. I'll give you a TP for that.

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 10:38:09 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Please prove this wrong.

These were REALLY BAD and totally inexcusable!!!  We play a NY team in complete disarray and lose by double digits and then we host a Portland team on a four-game losing streak and nine game UNDER .500 coming off a game last night!!!

PLEASE, help tell me WHY I should NOT panic with us having 4 games in 5 games starting Tuesday at Washington or 5 in 6 days with NO Avery.

This team looks like an All-Star team defensively!!!

Smitty77

I mean, the Refs called a foul on a clean steal by Smart in the last 15 seconds of regulation that A. negated a steal B. Negated the following basket and C. Put Lillard at the line for 2.  It was a terrible call and the Celts were still tough enough to tie the game in regulation on a Rozier 3 and get a stop to take it to OT.  I was pretty impressed actually. 

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 11:13:52 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I think emotions are just high because of a loss and people want someone to attack.  I'm fine with people venting at my expense.  Smitty made a thread about how these were the worst loses in a half decade (an exaggeration). I responded with my own emotional reaction which is that it stung harder because a widely ridiculed crappy team with a decent big just beat all three of those teams.   I wonder what might have happened if we weren't so small

If what I wrote is an exaggeration, please PROVE me wrong.  This team was projected to be a 2 or 3 seed and win well OVER 50 games.  When have we had such high expectations and lost to such horrible teams?  We lost to a Knick team has lost 13 of their last 16 (with one of those 3 wins being AT Boston) and they just lost at HOME to the lowly Suns!!  Portland was playing their 4th game in five days and was coming of a road to road back to back losing a heartbreaker at Philly the night before and WE were OFF for three stinking days.

Provide me with a better example of PITIFUL back to back HOME games in the last five years BEFORE you tell me I am exaggerating please!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2017, 03:25:42 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
We have always been a bad team coming off 3 days rest
Even during the big 3 era. We somehow play with less urgency after several days rest.
Im sure that after the allstar break which is about 5 days off this team is goin to lose again...its their identity...its in their gene.

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2017, 03:37:48 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Embiid is going to be a superstar though.

Oof.

Anyways, I would give up Fultz to get someone like Cousins.

Rebounding is a severe issue, and we need a big that can play on both sides of the floor.

I would eventually want a big man that can rebound like Noel or Bogut.

We need interior defense, and we also need a post presence.

Can we just put KG back in a time machine like 10 years ago?  :angel: :angel: :angel:
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different