Author Topic: Worst back-to-back HOME losses in half a decade!!!  (Read 9323 times)

Re: Worst back-to-back HOME losses in half a decade!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 08:15:32 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Allow me to recap an increasingly common sequence of events on C's blog.

1) A thread intended to discuss the Celtics team is started.  In this case, about our recent home losses to NYK and Portland.
2) LarBrd33 comes along and somehow relates something that isn't related at all to the 76ers and Embiid.
3) The thread is successfully derailed and devolves into further meaningless 76ers discussion that hasn't already been discussed dozens of times over.

These two losses were embarrassingly bad.  But I'm more worried about Bradley's health and the long term outlook for our defense, which has been miserable of late.
dude this is a reactionary thread about how we just had our worst losses of the decade.  I didn't start it.  I'm just pointing out that a weak team with a big man on a minutes restriction was able to beat all three teams we have recently lost to.   I think it's an interesting observation that I doubt anyone else would make.  I watched Philly beat all three of those teams in the last two weeks.  It's super recent.  It's the difference between a team having size and not having size.  We don't have size.  We get owned on the glass every night.   Since we are in sky is falling mode maybe it's something to think about ... would we have lost those games with boogie ?

My point is more about how our lack of size is a problem.

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 08:18:54 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

1) A thread intended to discuss the Celtics team is started.  In this case, about our recent home losses to NYK and Portland.
2) LarBrd33 comes along and somehow relates something that isn't related at all to the 76ers and Embiid.
3) The thread is successfully derailed and devolves into further meaningless 76ers discussion that hasn't already been discussed dozens of times over.

These two losses were embarrassingly bad.  But I'm more worried about Bradley's health and the long term outlook for our defense, which has been miserable of late.
dude this is a reactionary thread about how we just had our worst losses of the decade.  I didn't start it.  I'm just pointing out that a weak team with a big man on a minutes restriction was able to beat all three teams we have recently lost to.   I think it's an interesting observation that I doubt anyone else would make.  I watched Philly beat all three of those teams in the last two weeks.  It's super recent.  It's the difference between a team having size and not having size.  We don't have size.  We get owned on the glass every night.   Since we are in sky is falling mode maybe it's something to think about ... would we have lost those games with boogie ?

We outrebounded the blazers tonight.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 08:20:06 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79

Zizic looks pretty good in his euro league videos. High bbiq. Makes himself a huge target on the post. Moves decent without the ball. He might be pretty good for us. O'Connor from Draftexpress thinks Zizic would had gone 11-14 in this year's draft which is impressive with the amount of talent in the 2017 draft.

He could be the answer or filler til we get a stud big that you are looking for.

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

Thanks for giving me some perspective SCeltic34!!  I needed that!!  You are right.  I am just HOPEFULLY temporarily VERY DISGUSTED!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 08:21:59 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Makes me sick watching those two games. Especially Portland when they brought it to OT and should have sealed the deal at home.

BUT we are missing Avery Bradley. Having two guards that only play well on one side of the ball as your back court is clearly not a long term solution (to anyone saying bench AB for Smart or trade AB). Unless you get another two way player in the back court with IT, games like this will continue to happen over and over.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 08:22:22 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

82 game season. Losses happen. There are more interesting things to talk about other then over reacting to two losses.

Listen.  Our D has not been HORRIBLE just the last two games.  But, our offense was able to bail us out.  Now, with out second leading scorer out, we seemingly cannot do that and we are facing one of the toughest stretches of the season next week or so!!  This is FAR MORE serious than just two games!!

Smitty77

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 08:24:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
It's rough. To me it's magnified by the fact our last 3 losses were against teams (Toronto, New York and Portland) that Embiid has been able to beat this month in limited minutes.  That worries me.

Help me here LarBrd.  What the heck does Embiid have to do with our situation?  How and WHY do you weave Philly into OUR stuff all the stinking time???

Smitty77
the fact that a crappy team with a big can beat those teams we are failing against highlights how badly we need to add size to this team.   It also just has me shook, because my worst nightmare is philly leap-frogging us in the next 3 years and I'm starting to get worried that a healthy Philly team is already on our level.   Hopefully saying it out loud will prevent it from happening. 

Starting to think we need to trade for boogie. There's no elite big men in this upcoming draft.

I agree with you about Boogie!!  But there you go again LrBrd.  Somehow finding a way to put Philly into this conversation about OUR team!!  They have a ways to go to pass us!!!  And if they do, hats off to them.  The NBA is a better league with a REAL Sixers/Celtics rivalry such as in the 1980s!!!

Smitty77

P.S.  Take away my TP's.  I could care less!!!!  If you are NOT worried after seeing our excuse for D the last two games, then you guys are in DENIAL!!  Enjoy your happy place!!!
smitty I actually think we will be fine.  This team still looks like a 55ish win squad I thought it was at the start of the year.  It has a definite ceiling that prevents it from being a contender but it's really good.   Obviously I'm paying attention to Philly right now too and I'm not going to dance around it (most entertaining storyline in the league).   All these games happened in the past couple weeks.  I personally found it fascinating seeing how Philly was able to beat those three teams with elite inferior defense and size ... while during the same stretch Boston lost to the same three teams because of lack of interior defense and size.   I knew I'd get hell for pointing it out, but I don't regret it.  It just makes me wonder how differently these games would have played out even if we had a biyombo or Willie Cauley stein or nurkic.   

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 08:24:21 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I am SURE that you did watch ALL of them LarBrd33!!!!  Do you live in Philly??????

Smitty77

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 08:29:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

I am SURE that you did watch ALL of them LarBrd33!!!!  Do you live in Philly??????

Smitty77
i live in Seattle.  I have NBA league pass.  I watch a lot of games.  All the Celtics games, obviously.  As a fan of the NBA in general I love watching the new phenoms. Last year I watched a ton of Karl towns. This year I'm watching a ton of Embiid. 

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 08:35:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
It's rough. To me it's magnified by the fact our last 3 losses were against teams (Toronto, New York and Portland) that Embiid has been able to beat this month in limited minutes.  That worries me.

Help me here LarBrd.  What the heck does Embiid have to do with our situation?  How and WHY do you weave Philly into OUR stuff all the stinking time???

Smitty77

TP for the thread and the question about Embiid.

And the answer to your salient question is "not a Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.n thing" but to appear to be baiting, trolling and self-serving, all under the guise of a proposed extremely attenuated "relevance" to your OP with a proffered rationalization of rebounding woes as an ineffective smokescreen as to the "purpose" of another silly Philly inappropriate interjection.

I have a theory: the poster really HATES the Seventy Stinkers and wants us to hate them so badly that they are in his posts ......incessantly. Interesting strategy.

As to the OP, I too am concerned about two really crappy losses. The team seems to be playing without a collective (it's individually sporadic) sense of urgency.

It's almost like they are waiting for a shoe to drop.

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 08:42:33 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393

Lb this is just flat out garbage and trying to derail threads. I've defended you multiple times in the past when people have called for you to be suspended or banned for your behavior. I can't in this situation. This thread has zero to do with the 76ers and you are just trying to annoy people and derail the thread with this.

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 08:50:45 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Our defense just isn't good enough lately, and partly because we miss AB. Let's not forget we are without our best 2 way player who deserves to be an all-star this season. That, and Amir is getting progressively worse. We need a defensive big with great lateral quickness.

I am worried about AB's injury though. It's taking forever, and it's the type of injury that derailed Shaq when he was on the celtics.

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 08:57:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Lb this is just flat out garbage and trying to derail threads. I've defended you multiple times in the past when people have called for you to be suspended or banned for your behavior. I can't in this situation. This thread has zero to do with the 76ers and you are just trying to annoy people and derail the thread with this.
this thread is about how the sky is falling and we just had the two worst home losses of the decade.  The thing that has me concerned is that I literally just watched an inferior group beat all three of those teams because they had size.   It is what it is.   Our lack of size seems to be a problem.  We don't need to get a boogie or Embiid level talent. Maybe simply adding a nurkic or biyombo type will be enough to make a difference. 

Also, you know me well enough personally to know my greatest fear is Philly leap-frogging us.  I like to face my fears head on.  Instead of pretending it's not happening, id rather acknowledge the horror happening in front of my eyes and hope that focusing on it will make it go away. 

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 09:50:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Stop making every thread about Philly! 

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 09:58:58 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

this thread is about how the sky is falling and we just had the two worst home losses of the decade.  The thing that has me concerned is that I literally just watched an inferior group beat all three of those teams because they had size.   It is what it is.   Our lack of size seems to be a problem.  We don't need to get a boogie or Embiid level talent. Maybe simply adding a nurkic or biyombo type will be enough to make a difference. 

Also, you know me well enough personally to know my greatest fear is Philly leap-frogging us.  I like to face my fears head on.  Instead of pretending it's not happening, id rather acknowledge the horror happening in front of my eyes and hope that focusing on it will make it go away.

You say your worst fear is Philly leap-frogging us, yet you have a 76ers blog profile  ::).

I know I haven't been here as long as some, but LarBrd33 (among others) has made this forum so unenjoyable that I am close to deleting my profile or at least stop coming on here long term.