Author Topic: What's Up with Zeller?  (Read 1119 times)

What's Up with Zeller?
« on: January 21, 2017, 10:51:31 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
This seems like an awful long time to be out with a sinus infection.  I've had a pretty bad sinus infection before and I pretty much felt like decapitating myself to make the pain go away, but with some antibiotics and rest, I was functional within a couple of days.  He's been out since December 30th with this thing.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:19:40 AM by Redz »
Yup

Re: What's Up with Zeller?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 10:55:18 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
This seems like an awful long time to be out with a sinus infection.  I've had a pretty bad sinus infection before and I pretty much felt like decapitating myself to make the pain go away, but with some antibiotics and rest, I was pretty functional within a couple of days.  He's been out since December 30th with this thing.

Let's pray he is okay and this is just a precaution to ship him out in a Cousin deal.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 11:09:58 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
zeller has a generous nose--but he was hospitalized and maybe he has balance issues -we were winning and why rush--

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:25:17 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He's definitely not still out with sinus problems. 

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 11:29:43 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Yeah, at this point I think it's probably something more serious but the team doesn't want to go into any details. The team wouldn't be lying about an illness just to hold him out when they could just give him DNP - CDs, bit it's too long for a sinus infection, so it must be something else
I'm bitter.

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 11:45:37 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150

Yeah, at this point I think it's probably something more serious but the team doesn't want to go into any details. The team wouldn't be lying about an illness just to hold him out when they could just give him DNP - CDs, bit it's too long for a sinus infection, so it must be something else

I heard he's seeing a psychiatrist. He's afraid to play defense. 

Edited: Meant the above as a bit of humor. Didn't see the following link until afterwards.
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/01/boston_celtics_news_tyler_zell.html

Hope he's able to overcome this head problem.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 11:54:08 AM by Alleyoopster »

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 11:48:19 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
This seems like an awful long time to be out with a sinus infection.  I've had a pretty bad sinus infection before and I pretty much felt like decapitating myself to make the pain go away, but with some antibiotics and rest, I was functional within a couple of days.  He's been out since December 30th with this thing.
http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/01/boston_celtics_news_tyler_zell.html

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 11:55:37 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Psst. Would it surprise you to know that Zeller is in the 94% of the league in his defense in the post this season. Obviously, that's playing bench minutes and the sample size is small, but he's actually been pretty good.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 12:55:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Hope he's ok but he hasn't been missed on the floor.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 01:31:24 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Edited: Meant the above as a bit of humor. Didn't see the following link until afterwards.

Hope he's able to overcome this head problem.

Yikes.  That really stinks.  Equilibrium issues can make normal every tasks next to impossible.

Thanks for the link.  The only news I'd seen was during the pregame injury report as "illness".
Yup