Author Topic: "Trade Season Primer"  (Read 904 times)

"Trade Season Primer"
« on: January 20, 2017, 10:26:17 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141

Here's an interesting analysis of Celtics trade possibilities I just pulled off the tweets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/5p0snf/deal_or_no_deal_a_trade_season_primer/

It boils down to trade the Nets picks to win now vs do nothing and try to win in the future with Nets picks.

The conclusion seems to be to do neither. Rather, trade lesser pieces to marginally improve now-in the hope it's enough.

Suggestions include trading for Boguts, Barton, Tucker or Ibaka. Except for Ibaka (for Bradley), the others involve giving up Zeller and a lesser pick. No mention of Noel.

Looks like a decent analysis which i'll throw out for comment. I'm sure Ainge is thinking about his options in roughly these terms right now, though I would include Noel. I suspect he'll probably wind up with the moderate approach unless he can hit a HR in a major deal.

Re: "Trade Season Primer"
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:31:52 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
Very thorough analysis. TP for posting. As many of the comments on the page noted, my concern would be the affect of trading AB. I think DA and CBS rate Bradley a lot higher than many fans seem to and DA would not trade him lightly. Despite the figures shown in the article, Smart is not ready to replace AB as SG.

DA has lots of options and I am sure one includes working to get that player this season to contend now and not wait another year. I just don't see him shifting a player like AB to add someone who doesn't ensure we contend immediately. Patience is still the name of the game with the build.