Poll

If it is between Fultz, Ball, Jackson - who should the Celtics pick?

Fultz
Ball
Jackson

Author Topic: If it is between Fultz, Ball, Jackson - who should the Celtics pick? (Poll)  (Read 18124 times)

Re: If it is between Fultz, Ball, Jackson - who should the Celtics pick? (Poll)
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2017, 08:13:31 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Fultz is great if you are looking for an alpha dog scorer

Jackson better if you need a point forward

Can you imagine how many assists jackson would rack up with AB, IT4, crowder on the floor. Plus help with rebounding, rim protection

Fultz would greatly help with additional offensive firepower. Especially creating 1 on 1 and if IT4 goes cold.

Difficult decision for me

Also consider recently CBS has complained about the teams poor defense..

Itd be Fultz for me. I like Jackson but I don't like his age when compared with the rest of the top 5. He is the same age as Jaylen.

Let's not act like Jackson is a 24 year old senior. Being too young sometimes is a disadvantage. See James Young and Darko.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. Celtics have potentially the #1 pick and Fultz is not only a frontrunner, but over a year younger than Jackson. Give Fultz another year and he will be that much better, and hes already better than Jackson. If Fultz is off the board then Jackson would definitely be the pcik for me if im Ainge.

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
With all of the Ball media fall out (dad), if the C's get unlucky and get the #2 pick, and Fultz is gone, what then?  Do you take Ball and the package of crap that is bound to come with it, or do you go Jackson/Tatum?  Personally, I'm not in the Ball court, so I may have to go one of the others.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
With all of the Ball media fall out (dad), if the C's get unlucky and get the #2 pick, and Fultz is gone, what then?  Do you take Ball and the package of crap that is bound to come with it, or do you go Jackson/Tatum?  Personally, I'm not in the Ball court, so I may have to go one of the others.
take BPA.

For me, right now, thats Jackson, but I completely understand picking any of the three. Its a very close run thing.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think Jackson's age is an asset. He seems to me more likely to get decent rotation minutes his rookie season than the other two. Since we are a team built to compete right away, Danny might very well like the fact Jackson is a year older. I don't see Fultz or Ball being able to get many minutes as rookies on our team.

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Fultz is great if you are looking for an alpha dog scorer

Jackson better if you need a point forward

Can you imagine how many assists jackson would rack up with AB, IT4, crowder on the floor. Plus help with rebounding, rim protection

Fultz would greatly help with additional offensive firepower. Especially creating 1 on 1 and if IT4 goes cold.

Difficult decision for me

Also consider recently CBS has complained about the teams poor defense..

Itd be Fultz for me. I like Jackson but I don't like his age when compared with the rest of the top 5. He is the same age as Jaylen.

Let's not act like Jackson is a 24 year old senior. Being too young sometimes is a disadvantage. See James Young and Darko.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that. Celtics have potentially the #1 pick and Fultz is not only a frontrunner, but over a year younger than Jackson. Give Fultz another year and he will be that much better, and hes already better than Jackson. If Fultz is off the board then Jackson would definitely be the pcik for me if im Ainge.

I basically agree with this. Jackson is alluring as a non-guard, but he'd have to shoot lights out and basically win the NCAAs to jump to #1 for me. However, his shooting has been strong for 1.5 months
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I basically agree with this. Jackson is alluring as a non-guard, but he'd have to shoot lights out and basically win the NCAAs to jump to #1 for me. However, his shooting has been strong for 1.5 months

Don't you think he has the most upside out of all these guys.   He has size, basketball IQ and is argubly the most athletic.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Jackson no question

-Didnt Fultz had some pain on his knees ? He is smooth but too smooth. I just didnt see enough intensity on the defensive end

- Ball has shown very little in half court ability to slash. For him to thrive he needs a team that will run (something the current Celts team does not). His Dad is another red flag. 

- Celts also have IT4, AB, Smart,Rozier. Are either of these two head over heals better?

Jackson is not only a top talent but would help with some of the deficiencies the Celts have today

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Again, If you draft Fultz or Ball one of IT4, AB, Smart or Rozier has to go

Money says its Rozier but you guys think Danny will do it? After reaching to pick him at 16,  holding him back from  a possible Ibaka trade....seems like Danny is commited to Rozier