Poll

If it is between Fultz, Ball, Jackson - who should the Celtics pick?

Fultz
Ball
Jackson

Author Topic: If it is between Fultz, Ball, Jackson - who should the Celtics pick? (Poll)  (Read 18117 times)

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I also think Jonathon Isaac has a shot at being a top 3 pick, and I'd put him up there my in top 3 overall prospects.

In fact I'd put him as my 2nd preference behind Fultz.

If he puts on muscle he has the size and skill to become a franchise player once he grows into his body. He's a center version of Paul George- an ultra modern stretch 5 man that can protect the basket and hit the 3.

I think arguably has more franchise player potential than anyone else in this draft given his age and measurements+athleticism.

He is an excellent defender with insane agility for a big man when defending the perimeter...could be an All defensive player and All Star scorer. Massive impact on both ends.

I thought I was the only one that was this high on Isaac. There's defensive and rebounding potential with his reach, can handle the ball at his size and a shooting touch?!

Those are not bad base skills to have entering the league. Since the season started and everyone thought Nets would finish top 5 at worst, I always had this feeling this was Danny's guy. I wouldn't be too upset with him at #2.

What's the latest you think he'd be available? Like, if we end up with the best lottery odds but get the #4 pick anyway, would he still be there?
I think the lowest he should go is like 5. Personally, him and Tatum are tied for 2nd behind fultz.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Fultz is great if you are looking for an alpha dog scorer

Jackson better if you need a point forward

Can you imagine how many assists jackson would rack up with AB, IT4, crowder on the floor. Plus help with rebounding, rim protection

Fultz would greatly help with additional offensive firepower. Especially creating 1 on 1 and if IT4 goes cold.

Difficult decision for me

Also consider recently CBS has complained about the teams poor defense..
The defense would improve fastest if we drafted a young defensive Big who could switch off the picks and defend guards. I think that option is not available in the draft.

My preference is Ball or Fultz and move Smart for Noel.

How is noel's rebounding/shot blocking skills?

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Fultz is great if you are looking for an alpha dog scorer

Jackson better if you need a point forward

Can you imagine how many assists jackson would rack up with AB, IT4, crowder on the floor. Plus help with rebounding, rim protection

Fultz would greatly help with additional offensive firepower. Especially creating 1 on 1 and if IT4 goes cold.

Difficult decision for me

Also consider recently CBS has complained about the teams poor defense..
The defense would improve fastest if we drafted a young defensive Big who could switch off the picks and defend guards. I think that option is not available in the draft.

My preference is Ball or Fultz and move Smart for Noel.

How is noel's rebounding/shot blocking skills?
I think he has a dynamic skillset on defense. However He's most likely behind the curve after playing on a team that was tanking for sometime but he's smart so he would benefit from learning from Stevens.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I also think Jonathon Isaac has a shot at being a top 3 pick, and I'd put him up there my in top 3 overall prospects.

If he puts on muscle he has the size and skill to become a franchise player once he grows into his body. He's a center version of Paul George- an ultra modern stretch 5 man that can protect the basket and hit the 3.

I think arguably has more franchise player potential than anyone else in this draft given his age and measurements+athleticism.

He is an excellent defender with insane agility for a big man when defending the perimeter...could be an All defensive player and All Star scorer. Massive impact on both ends.

I thought I was the only one that was this high on Isaac. There's defensive and rebounding potential with his reach, can handle the ball at his size and a shooting touch?!

Those are not bad base skills to have entering the league. Since the season started and everyone thought Nets would finish top 5 at worst, I always had this feeling this was Danny's guy. I wouldn't be too upset with him at #2.

What's the latest you think he'd be available? Like, if we end up with the best lottery odds but get the #4 pick anyway, would he still be there?
I think the lowest he should go is like 5. Personally, him and Tatum are tied for 2nd behind fultz.

If jackson is there at 5 would you be tempted to trade the #1 or 2 pick for the two 76ers top 10 1sts??

Lets say the Celts dont win the 1st pick. Have the #2. 76ers want Ball badly...

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

If jackson is there at 5 would you be tempted to trade the #1 or 2 pick for the two 76ers top 10 1sts??

I would never let the Sixers have Ball or Fultz.

We need one of those two players along with Brown to compete with the Sixers 4-5 years from now. If they end up with either it's going to be Sixers domination for a long time.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

We need one of those two players along with Brown to compete with the Sixers 4-5 years from now. If they end up with either it's going to be Sixers domination for a long time.

Am i the only one big on Jackson on this forum? Lol

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

No.  I really like Jackson too.  The gambler in me wants to gamble on him over the sure thing, which is Fultz.  If he fixes his outside shot, he'll make whomever takes Fultz/Ball regret imo.  Along the lines of would you rather have Leonard or Lillard...I'd rather have Leonard. 

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

No.  If Jackson is there at 3 or 4 or 5, and the Celtics are at 1, I wouldn't want the two Philly picks. I'd want one pick (Jackson) and Saric.  (unless Danny thinks Fultz will be the best PG in the NBA one day)

IT, Smart
Bradley, Smart, Brown
Jackson, Crowder, Brown
Saric, KO, Brown, Yabs
Horford, Zizic,

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Hes nice but I'm not helping the Sixers. If they land Fultz or Ball it's going to be very tough to match them 3-5 years from now.

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

Jackson is kind of like a Winslow type player, will give you everything out there besides shooting. We probably all know that is dannys type of player. I think at this point it is critical to be able to shoot, or even be halfway decent at it. Even having one guy out there that cant would make cutting from guards and post ups from bigs (and Smart) less effective.

that being said, I'd probably not want to trade down for Jackson because Flutz, Ball, Tatum, and Isaac would be perfect fits for this team in their own ways.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Jackson is kind of like a Winslow type player, will give you everything out there besides shooting. We probably all know that is dannys type of player. I think at this point it is critical to be able to shoot, or even be halfway decent at it. Even having one guy out there that cant would make cutting from guards and post ups from bigs (and Smart) less effective.

that being said, I'd probably not want to trade down for Jackson because Flutz, Ball, Tatum, and Isaac would be perfect fits for this team in their own ways.

But Winslow can shoot .. he cant handle the ball like jackson

How many pf/ sfs in the nba can handle the ball like a guard? Not just straight line drives.

Most that can (which are not many in the nba) are fantastic players...just saying

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Rutgers '17

But Winslow can shoot .. he cant handle the ball like jackson

How many pf/ sfs in the nba can handle the ball like a guard? Not just straight line drives.

Most that can (which are not many in the nba) are fantastic players...just saying
Winslow shot 20% from 3, and 35% from the field this season.

and looking at this video his handle seems great, not saying its as good as jacksons, but seems they are more similar than not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeWfo7smU-g

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Is that the same domination the Thunder enjoyed, or is it more like the Wizards and their "backcourt of the future" domination?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

Is that the same domination the Thunder enjoyed, or is it more like the Wizards and their "backcourt of the future" domination?
If the Thunder kept all three guys they would be winning titles and I don't think anyone who's opinion was valued thought the Wizards were a lock to contend with Beal and Wall.

Embiid Simmons and Fultz would make the Wolves trio who a lot of people consider a future contender look average.

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

If the Thunder kept all three guys they would be winning titles and I don't think anyone who's opinion was valued thought the Wizards were a lock to contend with Beal and Wall.

Embiid Simmons and Fultz would make the Wolves trio who a lot of people consider a future contender look average.

Quite a few assumptions there, considering Embiid has yet to play a whole season, and Simmons and Fultz haven't even played a single NBA game.

Then again, Embiid is apparently the new Anthony Davis...or KAT, or one of those other rookie sensations people are drooling over.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.