Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91806 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2017, 04:51:11 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lavar ball was on the Celtics talk podcast
http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-lavar-ball-believes-celtics-arent-good-fit-for-lonzo-ball/

Lavar thinks lonzo wouldn't be a good fit with celtics cuz he wouldn't get the chance to "lead the team", would be pushed to 2 guard when lonzo is more of a 1....

He said lakers will be lonzos team lol

« Reply #421 on: June 11, 2017, 05:09:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://nesn.com/2017/06/heres-why-lavar-ball-believes-celtics-arent-good-fit-for-lonzo-ball/

Lavar thinks lonzo wouldn't be a good fit with celtics cuz he wouldn't get the chance to "lead the team", would be pushed to 2 guard when lonzo is more of a 1....

Lavar needs to stop speaking...  what a selfish father the guy is

He only cares about his three sons playing for the Lakers.... like what are the chances this is going to happen?

Lonzo and IT4 could play together....we already have seen that IT4 does not need to bring up the ball all the time. He is quite clever running around screens etc.

Also Ball doesn't pound the ball usually and makes quick passes.

Scenerios

-Ball brings up the ball,  Horford sets a pick. Then IT4, AB can run around screen, while Crowder sits on the three point line. Ball will have lots of options

- IT4 brings up the ball ,  Horford sets a pick.  Brown and Crowder this time run around screens, while Ball sits on the three point line.   IT4 could shoot or drive in and kick it out.  By the time Ball receives the pass , he can shoot the three.... or before the defense sets, make a clever pass to the open man

« Reply #422 on: June 11, 2017, 05:10:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
I am looking forward to watching smart and Bradley play tough defense on ball. I am curious what will happen.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #423 on: June 11, 2017, 05:12:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

His explanation MAKES ZERO SENSE.

Even some people online have said the same LOL, even a few Lakers fans.

He's just hell bent on getting Ball away from Boston's eye, which is perfectly fine by me  ;D
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #424 on: June 12, 2017, 05:36:39 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lakers 'OK' with Lonzo Ball's workout.Ball didn't do anything great or bad in the workout, but his conditioning was not in peak form, according to Lakers beat reporter Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.

Specifically it was the running and speed drills. He looked like he had to catch a breath. Remember when lavar said his teammates didn't have foot speed? Lol

« Reply #425 on: June 12, 2017, 05:57:00 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Lakers 'OK' with Lonzo Ball's workout.Ball didn't do anything great or bad in the workout, but his conditioning was not in peak form, according to Lakers beat reporter Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News.

Specifically it was the running and speed drills. He looked like he had to catch a breath. Remember when lavar said his teammates didn't have foot speed? Lol

I've read a couple times he wasn't in shape. He thought he could walk in an just take the job? I mean I get take a couple weeks off after the tourney, finish up school, heal your body and mind, then get back to work. You're 19/20, should have energy up the #$#$#$#!

If it's true, kid deserves bring drafted 5th.

« Reply #426 on: June 12, 2017, 06:58:33 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Now that we hear Ball coming into the Lakers workout (out of shape), and Jackson recently performing a private workout (with the Lakers) and now rumor to have a promise by one of the top 3 teams ...

If Ball drops...I mean drops hard.. all the way to the 10th pick  (and Kings already draft Fox with #5)

should the Celtics make a trade for the 10th pick and draft Ball??

« Reply #427 on: June 12, 2017, 07:40:42 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Now that we hear Ball coming into the Lakers workout (out of shape), and Jackson recently performing a private workout (with the Lakers) and now rumor to have a promise by one of the top 3 teams ...

If Ball drops...I mean drops hard.. all the way to the 10th pick  (and Kings already draft Fox with #5)

should the Celtics make a trade for the 10th pick and draft Ball??

But now with Fultz taking a work out this week with the LAkers, could DA and Magic have a trade, Lakers get #1 and Bos #2, and DA takes Jackson. DA was suppose to out there around the same time as the JAcksoon work out.

I know the love of Fultz, but some many times I see one of his shots and think "thats going to get blocked in the NBA". Plus saw a video of Fultz and how it said he showed up not in the best shape, and didn't shoot well. I'm sure early next week there will be an other work out, but thats only if Bos really wants him. Jackson is suppose to have a work out with Bos, lets see if he cancels that.

« Reply #428 on: June 14, 2017, 05:31:46 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
https://youtu.be/iPteUZfRrKw

If you want to laugh, watch that footlocker fathers day video. I promise it is worth it.

Sorry if it was posted.

I like Lonzo so much more after watching this.
#JKJB

« Reply #429 on: June 15, 2017, 07:26:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Potential No. 2 overall pick Lonzo Ball and the Los Angeles Lakers have scheduled a final predraft meeting for Friday

Jackson and Ball workout for Lakers twice

No love for Boston

« Reply #430 on: June 15, 2017, 07:47:09 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
https://youtu.be/iPteUZfRrKw

If you want to laugh, watch that footlocker fathers day video. I promise it is worth it.

Sorry if it was posted.

I like Lonzo so much more after watching this.

I'll put my seal of approval on this as well. One of the funniest videos I've seen in a while.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #431 on: June 15, 2017, 09:17:11 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I've read a couple times he wasn't in shape. He thought he could walk in an just take the job? I mean I get take a couple weeks off after the tourney, finish up school, heal your body and mind, then get back to work. You're 19/20, should have energy up the #$#$#$#!

If it's true, kid deserves bring drafted 5th.
I've been calling it for some time, Ball is going to Sacramento
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #432 on: June 15, 2017, 10:06:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Ball will work out for the Lakers a second time on Friday at an undisclosed location in Los Angles county. He is hopeful the Lakers will give him some indication whether he’s “separated himself” throughout the draft process. Ball continues to have no plans to speak with or workout for the Boston Celtics, who hold the No. 1 pick. After Friday’s workout he will consider talking to other lottery teams who have asked to speak with him, according to the source. – via ESPN

« Reply #433 on: June 15, 2017, 10:08:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Ramona Shelburne: One note on Lonzo Ball’s workout for Lakers tomorrow — LaVar will be there as he’s part of Lonzo’s training team. – via Twitter ramonashelburne

What a pain in the behind

Lavar just doesn't get it

« Reply #434 on: June 21, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i just read this.

Fox's dad calls out Lavar Ball: http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2017/06/20/deaaron-foxs-dad-calls-out-lavar-ball/

“My son already ate his ass up twice,” the elder Fox said. “[LaVar] can say what he wants to say. I just tell him to go back and watch the film. That’s it. All that yap, yap, yapping, I don’t even got to respond to that. We played them twice. Twice his son got outplayed."

ha, ha. i like fox's dad already.  ;D

EDIT: and i also just saw this. just when you think lavar-world cant get any more bizzare.

Sam Strong ESPN Staff Writer
What will happen if Lonzo Ball falls to Boston at No. 3? LaVar says it will be unclear as to whose team it is. Sacramento at No. 5? They'll head overseas.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:54:43 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva