Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91817 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #330 on: March 29, 2017, 12:13:30 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Lonzo Ball recently remarked “At the end of the day, I’ll play for any team,” Ball told the crew on “First Take.” “The NBA is the NBA, but it would be a blessing to be able to play for the Lakers just because it’s in L.A., I’m from here, my whole family’s here.”

Kid grown and raised in LA, went to school for UCLA, and to be drafted by the Lakers would be somewhat short of an amazing story for the Lakers. Given the skill redundancies of Russell and Fultz (score first guards who aren't as good as facilitating), I'm growing to think that the Lakers may end up preferring Ball over Fultz. So maybe that bodes well for our desire to land Fultz even if we end up with #2, given that we have a 46.5% chance of landing 1 or 2.

Forgive me if this has been asked already but... If the Lakers land #1 in the lottery and the Celtics are #2, what are the chances that the Lakers take Ball and the Celtics still end up with Fultz? What do people think?

With Lavar living near by, the Lakers would have to be crazy to choose Lonzo.

His father would drive them crazy in the media, on talk shows, and around the team. They would have to get a restraining order to rid themselves of this loudmouth nut invading practice facilities etc. His son would end up being totally embarrassed, and not be able to concentrate on his new responsibilities.

The best thing for Lonzo is go to a team as far away from his dad as possible. I'm not really sure how I would feel if it were Boston. Lavar is a Laker fan, and Laker fans are not fans of the Boston Celtics.

This guy is trouble.

« Reply #331 on: March 30, 2017, 08:26:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #332 on: March 30, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Lavar said he wants Lonzo to be picked by the Lakers, not that he specifically doesnt want him to go to Boston.

I really dont have a problem with this.

In the article you link he literally says "It wouldn’t be like I’m like, ‘Aw, man. He’s got to go to Boston.’"
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #333 on: March 31, 2017, 01:16:25 PM »

Offline stb

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 120
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/lavar-ball-father-of-potential-first-nba-draft-pick-lonzo-ball-says-boston-celtics-danny-ainge-tough-for-white-guy?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo&yptr=yahoo

Ball was also asked about Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge. He said that he doesn’t know Ainge and has never spoken to him, but he did have an interesting description of the scrappy Ainge’s playing days. 

“I don’t know anything about Danny Ainge, but I know when he was a player, he was one of them sticklers to get up under you, boy,” Ball said. “But I haven’t talked to him. I don’t know Danny Ainge, I just watched him play when he was younger and I knew for a white guy, you could elbow him in the face. He was going to get back up and keep playing.”

Ball did not say whether he thinks his son would have a better playing career than Ainge, a one-time All-Star and two-time NBA champion, but that should be assumed.

« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2017, 02:14:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
https://youtu.be/TeqpRWbU9qs

Okay I officially don't want Lonzo now. He didn't put Biggie in his top 5 rappers of all time lol. Certainly east coast bias.

His top 5

1 Wayne
 2 Future
 3 Dmx
 4 50
 5 Pac

« Reply #335 on: April 07, 2017, 06:25:27 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/lavar-ball-slow-white-guys-014734717.html

Hot off the SI press, Lavar thinks that the only reason UCLA lost is because UCLA rolled out 3 white guys "whose foot speed is too slow."

Also apparently the only reason Fox dropped 39 on Lonzo is that lonzo's hamstring popped.

Im done with this premadonna family. Let this discriminating Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. have his son go to LA. He and his family are mentally weak if they feel the need to do this kind of yapping. He is the kind of distraction that can derail a rebuild.
#JKJB

« Reply #336 on: April 07, 2017, 06:33:14 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Hot off the SI press, Lavar thinks that the only reason UCLA lost is because UCLA rolled out 3 white guys "whose foot speed is too slow."

Also apparently the only reason Fox dropped 39 on Lonzo is that lonzo's hamstring popped.

Im done with this premadonna family. Let this discriminating **** have his son go to LA. He and his family are mentally weak if they feel the need to do this kind of yapping. He is the kind of distraction that can derail a rebuild.

We can agree that The dad is a poopface talking butthole. Please though we must separate him from his kids.

Lonzo is a quite and peaceful kid by nature, certainly not nurture.

« Reply #337 on: April 07, 2017, 06:48:02 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I hope the Kings draft him. Let his dad deal with them.

He could probably turn it into a reality show and make that billion he was asking for! :laugh:

« Reply #338 on: April 07, 2017, 07:39:34 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Imagine him saying the same thing after a bad C game...

« Reply #339 on: April 07, 2017, 08:42:51 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

Okay I officially don't want Lonzo now. He didn't put Biggie in his top 5 rappers of all time lol. Certainly east coast bias.

His top 5

1 Wayne
 2 Future
 3 Dmx
 4 50
 5 Pac

DMX?? seriously? didn't he just kind of yell and growl?

haha. yes, this makes me seriously question the kids judgement!!

« Reply #340 on: April 07, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

His top 5

1 Wayne
 2 Future
 3 Dmx
 4 50
 5 Pac

He also slipped, fell, and couldn't get up. Kinda sad.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #341 on: April 07, 2017, 10:01:17 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Im done with this premadonna family. Let this discriminating **** have his son go to LA. He and his family are mentally weak if they feel the need to do this kind of yapping. He is the kind of distraction that can derail a rebuild.

We can agree that The dad is a poopface talking butthole. Please though we must separate him from his kids.

Lonzo is a quite and peaceful kid by nature, certainly not nurture.

Everything I have read indicates that Lonzo listens to what his dad says very intently. I mean the guy ran rampant and undermind his kids coaches for years. And he hasnt even tried to say his dad may be wrong on some of this. So as Lavar gets more and more toxic, Lonzo needs to make a comment. He needs to be a man. I understand its his father, but there comes a limit.
#JKJB

« Reply #342 on: April 07, 2017, 10:55:19 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked

His top 5

1 Wayne
 2 Future
 3 Dmx
 4 50
 5 Pac

Hey, Slippin' is an awesome jam!  Don't make me stop, drop and open up shop on yo azz  ;)

That said, Future over 2pac?  And no Biggie?  Not even a Nas, Jay-Z or any underground or more lyrical rappers to balance it out.  Yeah, a pain in the butt daddy and poor musical tastes and sense of history.  Feeling better and better about having Ball rated no higher than #4 for us.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #343 on: April 07, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »

Online celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572

His top 5

1 Wayne
 2 Future
 3 Dmx
 4 50
 5 Pac

Hey, Slippin' is an awesome jam!  Don't make me stop, drop and open up shop on yo azz  ;)

That said, Future over 2pac?  And no Biggie?  Not even a Nas, Jay-Z or any underground or more lyrical rappers to balance it out.  Yeah, a pain in the butt daddy and poor musical tastes and sense of history.  Feeling better and better about having Ball rated no higher than #4 for us.

And no Vanilla Ice or Eminem??? Guess he really doesn't like white guys.  :)

« Reply #344 on: April 07, 2017, 12:32:10 PM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

His top 5

1 Wayne
 2 Future
 3 Dmx
 4 50
 5 Pac

How is 50 better than Tupac? Worst top 5 list ever.