Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91114 times)

Re: Ball S.I. article. He likes to play with scrubs.
« Reply #315 on: March 28, 2017, 02:51:40 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
His high school team had his brothers, who many believe will be better than Lonzo.

Huh ? My understanding is just the opposite.

Lonzo is the best. The little brother has a chance, he's really crafty, but he's tiny and not as athletic.

The other brother is a Power player but is severely undersized to play PF.

The little brother isn't so tiny.  He was last year, but he has grown a lot.  If you watch this video from Christmas, you'll see he's only a few inches or so shorter than Lonzo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bBrHcsxSirw

He's listed at 6'3" now which might be an exaggeration, but he looks like he's over 6 feet and likely still growing as he's only 15.

Re: Ball S.I. article. He likes to play with scrubs.
« Reply #316 on: March 28, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
His high school team had his brothers, who many believe will be better than Lonzo.

Huh ? My understanding is just the opposite.

Lonzo is the best. The little brother has a chance, he's really crafty, but he's tiny and not as athletic.

The other brother is a Power player but is severely undersized to play PF.

The little brother isn't so tiny.  He was last year, but he has grown a lot.  If you watch this video from Christmas, you'll see he's only a few inches or so shorter than Lonzo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bBrHcsxSirw

He's listed at 6'3" now which might be an exaggeration, but he looks like he's over 6 feet and likely still growing as he's only 15.

I just noticed that Knuckle. TP.

Lonzo is the same height as Kobe! I couldn't believe that. I Know​ they listed Ball as 6'6" all year but I didn't believe it until I saw that picture with Kobe yesterday.

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #317 on: March 28, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »

Offline Royrebirth

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Lonzo Ball recently remarked “At the end of the day, I’ll play for any team,” Ball told the crew on “First Take.” “The NBA is the NBA, but it would be a blessing to be able to play for the Lakers just because it’s in L.A., I’m from here, my whole family’s here.”

Kid grown and raised in LA, went to school for UCLA, and to be drafted by the Lakers would be somewhat short of an amazing story for the Lakers. Given the skill redundancies of Russell and Fultz (score first guards who aren't as good as facilitating), I'm growing to think that the Lakers may end up preferring Ball over Fultz. So maybe that bodes well for our desire to land Fultz even if we end up with #2, given that we have a 46.5% chance of landing 1 or 2.

« Reply #318 on: March 28, 2017, 06:51:46 PM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
You know there is a problem when the thread is supposed to discuss Lonzo but most of the talk is about Lavar. I hope Danny stays clear of these guys.

The more I look at the differences between LaVar and Lonzo's demeanor in interviews, the more I just see it as a total act. I think his dad is purposely doing this to see if his son acts up in the media and lose his cool over his dad. Lonzo has been handling it LIKE A PRO. Giving the right answers and acting totally humble about it. Maybe its just his dad training him to handle the media LIKE A PRO by talking all this trash and going on to shows like First Take to make all this noise. It's sort of unorthodox, but when you think about it, it kind of makes a lot of sense...

« Reply #319 on: March 28, 2017, 07:24:08 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
You know there is a problem when the thread is supposed to discuss Lonzo but most of the talk is about Lavar. I hope Danny stays clear of these guys.

The more I look at the differences between LaVar and Lonzo's demeanor in interviews, the more I just see it as a total act. I think his dad is purposely doing this to see if his son acts up in the media and lose his cool over his dad. Lonzo has been handling it LIKE A PRO. Giving the right answers and acting totally humble about it. Maybe its just his dad training him to handle the media LIKE A PRO by talking all this trash and going on to shows like First Take to make all this noise. It's sort of unorthodox, but when you think about it, it kind of makes a lot of sense...

I don't think it's an act, I've seen some youtube video's of him playing ball (he's not good)but after the games his mouth is flapping.

He might be blowing it up a bit, but I think he's pretty much a loud mouth. But yet I could still be wrong considering he boy isn't the same way.

The middle kid is more of a PF and is lazy, does post moves on the 3pt line and then shoots it. Can shoot the lights out if open, but thats about it. The youngest looks like he could be something, but he's still too young.

But I'm not sure how much of a dynasty his boys will produce when done, not quite writen in stone Like their pops thinks.

Either Lavar is a mad genius, or batcrap crazy. Either way I don't want this guy any wheres near the C's.

But I do want to see Smart D the crap out of this kid.

« Reply #320 on: March 28, 2017, 07:24:21 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Your over thinking it. His dad is a collosal loud mouth jerk and always has been. Lonzo is the opposite. Simple as that.

« Reply #321 on: March 28, 2017, 08:32:35 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Your over thinking it. His dad is a collosal loud mouth jerk and always has been. Lonzo is the opposite. Simple as that.
The dad is a loudmouth jerk, but nearly all his comments are calculated.

he doesnt believe half the stuff he says and I think he has coached lonzo to say the right thing.

This way he can serve as Lonzo's own hype man building the brand etc etc while Lonzo can stay clear of most of the backlash because it is directed more at Lavar.

i mean after Lonzo lost in a bad performance against Kentucky, people called out lavar, not Lonzo.

Its best of both worlds. he gets the media attention of a cocky loudmouth and avoids most of the backlash.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #322 on: March 28, 2017, 10:34:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

he doesnt believe half the stuff he says and I think he has coached lonzo to say the right thing.

This way he can serve as Lonzo's own hype man building the brand etc etc while Lonzo can stay clear of most of the backlash because it is directed more at Lavar.

i mean after Lonzo lost in a bad performance against Kentucky, people called out lavar, not Lonzo.

Its best of both worlds. he gets the media attention of a cocky loudmouth and avoids most of the backlash.

I like your angle, still might be giving the big moron too much credit. They say ignorance is bliss. If that's true than this guy is living in pure Utopia. TP for the angle though...

« Reply #323 on: March 28, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

I do suggest that you take a look at this article that hwangjini posted yesterday. I suppose it could be calculated, but a lot of the stuff in the article is behind the scenes. I choose to believe that Lavar cares for his kids, but in a totally reckless and disastrous way in the realm of basketball.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2017/03/23/coaching-lavar-balls-sons-inside-high-school-basketballs-most-chaotic-303-season/99543018/

« Reply #324 on: March 29, 2017, 06:51:59 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #325 on: March 29, 2017, 07:11:08 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Like father like son...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19024163/lonzo-ball-says-better-fellow-nba-draft-prospect-markelle-fultz

Shot fired at Markell's .

Wow....he is going to have enemies and people gunning for him from the get go. 

« Reply #326 on: March 29, 2017, 07:16:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

It may be planned and calculated but the only thing he achieved is people think he is a dang fool!

« Reply #327 on: March 29, 2017, 07:47:13 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Like father like son...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19024163/lonzo-ball-says-better-fellow-nba-draft-prospect-markelle-fultz

Shot fired at Markell's .

Wow....he is going to have enemies and people gunning for him from the get go.

I'd be concerned if he had said Fultz was better than him.

A lot of players think they're the best and say so publicly. This is a non-issue and the confidence is a good thing.

« Reply #328 on: March 29, 2017, 08:17:43 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Lonzo Ball recently remarked “At the end of the day, I’ll play for any team,” Ball told the crew on “First Take.” “The NBA is the NBA, but it would be a blessing to be able to play for the Lakers just because it’s in L.A., I’m from here, my whole family’s here.”

Kid grown and raised in LA, went to school for UCLA, and to be drafted by the Lakers would be somewhat short of an amazing story for the Lakers. Given the skill redundancies of Russell and Fultz (score first guards who aren't as good as facilitating), I'm growing to think that the Lakers may end up preferring Ball over Fultz. So maybe that bodes well for our desire to land Fultz even if we end up with #2, given that we have a 46.5% chance of landing 1 or 2.

Forgive me if this has been asked already but... If the Lakers land #1 in the lottery and the Celtics are #2, what are the chances that the Lakers take Ball and the Celtics still end up with Fultz? What do people think?
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #329 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:24 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
If you read the quote, he says Markelle is a great scorer, but I can lead a team better.

If you watch the two teams play it's pretty apparent that he's right.