Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91315 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #285 on: March 25, 2017, 12:36:42 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I hate to use the term exposed because it's probably a bit strong but this was the Lonzo Ball we detractors have been expecting to eventually show up based on the glaring limitations is game. Nearly all of his three-point attempts for either blocked or bothered, he could create separation against Kentucky' long defenders, and he failed to get to the line consistently.

Fox was electric and made Lonzo look ordinary at best. This game was akin to Hakeem Olajuwan wiping the floor with David Robinson after Robinson got the MVP. Just get the impression that De'Aaron was sick and tired of hearing about the Lonzo Ball show.

Go KU!

« Reply #286 on: March 25, 2017, 12:57:28 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Ball dropping like the BALL at Madison Square Garden bringing in the New Year:-)))

This came out BEFORE the game even ended!!!!

Down to #2 and will likely drop lower in my estimation if KY continues to roll!!! 

Fox going UP, UP, and AWAY!!!

http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

Smitty77

« Reply #287 on: March 25, 2017, 01:26:14 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
down to 2? what are you smoking. He was never at 1.

Fultz is 1. I hope we get him. Not even close. This is a one man draft.

Fultz

Jackson.

« Reply #288 on: March 25, 2017, 01:29:06 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Anyone who thinks that any college player is "top 10 in the world right now" is drinking the spiked Kool-Aid awfully hard and needs to see someone for treatment.

The last guy who might be able to claim that was Lebron almost 15 years ago. And that year Pierce, Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, McGrady, Carter, Duncan and Dirk were clearly better. Add in Starbury, Peja, Kidd, Iverson (48 games) and it's not clear that even a once in a generation talent like Lebron was top 10. He certainly wasn't top 10 the YEAR BEFORE he went to the NBA.

Laughable.

LeBron went to College? and all this time I thought he went to the NBA out of high school
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:34:35 AM by Ogaju »

« Reply #289 on: March 25, 2017, 01:33:42 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I'm leaning towards the Celtics drafting either Fultz or Ball. I feel both, can be considered a notch above the pack. Lonzo looks like a special talent already, he already plays with NBA pace. I would be thrilled with either player. But Ball, who is considered to be similar to J. Kidd, could actually develop into Magic.

My problem is, Lonzo's dad is trouble waiting to happen. This guy needs a muzzle. His loud, crude, know it all mouth will have to be dealt with, sooner or later, as he begins second guessing GM's and coaches where ever his son lands.

He's already said he wants his son to go to the Lakers, frankly that would be the worst thing that could happen to Lonzo, his best bet is to play thousands of miles away from his blow-hard father, and pray the press simply ignores his dad. We all know, that ain't gonna happen.

Will having to deal with his father, sway you away from drafting Lonzo?

Ball could develop into Magic? How old are you, and/or what are you smoking? What is wrong with you people. Stop comparing ordinary players to once-in-a-lifetime league altering phenomenal players. 'Ball could develop into Magic'?? The very essence of Magic Johnson is that you do not develop into Magic. You are either Magic or you are not. Honestly some people just type BS and it really is getting old. It is one of the worst insults I have seen on here to say Ball could develop into Magic. You do not develop into Magic.

« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2017, 01:36:04 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
down to 2? what are you smoking. He was never at 1.

Fultz is 1. I hope we get him. Not even close. This is a one man draft.

Fultz
Jackson.

Jackson says hi

« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2017, 01:42:23 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Fultz
Jackson
Fox

These please.

« Reply #292 on: March 25, 2017, 01:44:58 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Fultz
Jackson
Fox

These please.

It is clear now that KGLL is related to Ball family. Glad Danny is going to stay as far away from this looming disaster as possible. My prayer is that the Lakers get Ball.

« Reply #293 on: March 25, 2017, 04:21:30 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Fultz
Jackson
Fox

These please.

It is clear now that KGLL is related to Ball family. Glad Danny is going to stay as far away from this looming disaster as possible. My prayer is that the Lakers get Ball.

Wait, what did I do this time? Fox was brilliant. I saw a little bit of quit in Ball tonight.
 Lavar Balls big mouth caught up with him.

Disappointed by his defensive effort, he was challenging shots, but I got the sense that Ball wasn't trying that hard to win.

Hats off to Fox though, what a performance. He gave Ball and his loudmouth dad a taste of why you should be humble.

Ball still will make a great pro. The defensive effort was concerning though. What kind of defender is Fultz? I've seen some great chase down blocks, but would like to know more about his man to man defense.

« Reply #294 on: March 25, 2017, 07:23:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think Barkley nailed it when he said force him to his right.   The weird shot makes him want to go left.

« Reply #295 on: March 25, 2017, 07:43:47 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I'm leaning towards the Celtics drafting either Fultz or Ball. I feel both, can be considered a notch above the pack. Lonzo looks like a special talent already, he already plays with NBA pace. I would be thrilled with either player. But Ball, who is considered to be similar to J. Kidd, could actually develop into Magic.

My problem is, Lonzo's dad is trouble waiting to happen. This guy needs a muzzle. His loud, crude, know it all mouth will have to be dealt with, sooner or later, as he begins second guessing GM's and coaches where ever his son lands.

He's already said he wants his son to go to the Lakers, frankly that would be the worst thing that could happen to Lonzo, his best bet is to play thousands of miles away from his blow-hard father, and pray the press simply ignores his dad. We all know, that ain't gonna happen.

Will having to deal with his father, sway you away from drafting Lonzo?

Ball could develop into Magic? How old are you, and/or what are you smoking? What is wrong with you people. Stop comparing ordinary players to once-in-a-lifetime league altering phenomenal players. 'Ball could develop into Magic'?? The very essence of Magic Johnson is that you do not develop into Magic. You are either Magic or you are not. Honestly some people just type BS and it really is getting old. It is one of the worst insults I have seen on here to say Ball could develop into Magic. You do not develop into Magic.

You have a valid point Ogaju. I hate the comparisons too. The funny thing is that Lonzo's daddy said he was "Magic Johnson WITH A JUMPSHOT!!"  Now how does Magic actually feel about that when he can draft a version of himself WITH A JUMPSHOT!!   :police:

« Reply #296 on: March 25, 2017, 07:58:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Magic Johnson can have Ball.  He ll need , as Rondo did hall of famers to make his tricks work.

Balls game goes not appear to be the new NBA small ball game .   He would fit well on Pelicans , maybe Jazz.

He did not have the mindset to punch back harder , take over, afterall ....you take a guy #1 , he better be a floor general or a crazy Harden or Curry scorer.   I did not see him aggressive to score . He relied on his 7 ft guys to play big and catch his lobs.

A different kind of player , but not sure if he is special as Magic , MJ , Bird , Kobe, etc.

« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2017, 08:15:19 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I think Barkley nailed it when he said force him to his right.   The weird shot makes him want to go left.

Hwangji has been saying that all season.

« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2017, 08:30:20 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Can't read too much into one game. 

The question on Fox has always been his jump shot.  Form is good, but results haven't been, until the tournament.  With a good shot, he's a top 5 pick for me.

« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2017, 08:55:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Fultz
Jackson
Fox

These please.

Wait, what did I do this time? Fox was brilliant. I saw a little bit of quit in Ball tonight.
 Lavar Balls big mouth caught up with him.

Disappointed by his defensive effort, he was challenging shots, but I got the sense that Ball wasn't trying that hard to win.

Hats off to Fox though, what a performance. He gave Ball and his loudmouth dad a taste of why you should be humble.

Ball still will make a great pro. The defensive effort was concerning though. What kind of defender is Fultz? I've seen some great chase down blocks, but would like to know more about his man to man defense.

His D effort was so so no doubt

He just wants to play street ball out there it looks like

If you bother his jump shot , he is going to have a hard time (like last night)

Tbh I think like  Buddy Hield (plus his Dad baggage), he is going to drop come draft night