Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91316 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #270 on: March 20, 2017, 09:08:29 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
One thing about Ball that no one can dispute so far is....he is a winner

True, he can't pick his father...

« Reply #271 on: March 20, 2017, 09:11:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Shouldn't this be named the "Lonzo Ball + LaVar Ball Thread"  :laugh:

2-for-1 package deal right there.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #272 on: March 20, 2017, 09:35:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Plus his two brothers lol

Cbs : lonzo what is your whole family doing here at practice?  Why is your dad here??

Dannnnnny!

« Reply #273 on: March 20, 2017, 09:36:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Cbs : lonzo what is your whole family doing here at practice?  Why is your dad here??

Dannnnnny!

"My boys can be your next BIG 3, Danny" - LaVar  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #274 on: March 20, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Dannnnnny!

"My boys can be your next BIG 3, Danny" - LaVar  :laugh:

« Reply #275 on: March 20, 2017, 11:10:44 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Really looking forward to the game on Friday.  He'll be going against the most talented team he's played in the tournament in Kentucky, and he'll be guarded by Fox who is more athletic than he is.  I have the most Q's about Ball of any top 4 prospect but still think he could end up the best.

Ball has played plenty of talented backcourt's this season, Washington (Fultz), USC, Oregon, Arizona and even Kentucky.  He hasn't looked overmatched in any of them that I've seen.

Agreed, but he played Kentucky awhile ago and they start 3 freshman, who I think have made strides since then. I'm specifically interested in the Fox matchup due to Fox's speed and athleticism. I want to see what Lonzo can do offensively besides his step back / deep 3s.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #276 on: March 21, 2017, 12:29:13 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Bahaha Chipotle! You got me. Skip Bayless I am. I'm everywhere!

And please define Flaming hot take ILS.
claiming that when Ball is confident, "he's one of the top ten players in the world, right now." is a hot take perhaps to hot even for Skip Bayless.

A man famous for his hot takes.

Lonzo Ball is 19. There is no way he can hang with top 10 NBA players right now.

Lebron, Steph, Kawhi, KD, Harden, Russ, Anthony Davis, Giannis, Wall, Thomas are all light years ahead of Ball right now and thats not even including guys like Butler and George and Kyrie and Lowry and Millsap and Chris ****ing Paul and Blake Griffin and Joel Embiid and all the other studs that I am forgetting right now.

Respectfully disagree. You'll see when Ball gets to the league.
alright. obviously youve got every right to believe that Lonzo Ball will be better as a rookie than Lebron James thats fine. I just think its a bit absurd.

I definitely didn't say that. LeBron is the true phenom. Still remember those high school games on ESPN.

Talk about the chosen one. I've still never seen any other player in ESPN in high school.

My point is besides the top five players in the league, he's going to be right there with the very best in the world.
Lebron didn't make an all-NBA team as a rookie. You say Lonzo will be a top 10 guy as a rookie. 15 players make all-NBA teams.

We aren't going to get anywhere on this debate obviously, so we will leave it here.

I think you are vastly overrating him. We shall see. If we draft him I'll hope you are correct. If LA or Philly draft him I'll start praying for a bust.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #277 on: March 21, 2017, 12:44:28 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Jimmy Patsos, head coach at Sienna, TV analyst, and Celtic fan, hopes Boston drafts Ball. Says he'd be great playing with IT.  A link to his assessment is below. It does not have him specifically mention about him pairing up nicely with IT, but my brother in law, who lives in LA (thinks we should definitely take Ball), heard Patsos say that in a recent broadcast.

http://gioandjones.radio.cbssports.com/2017/03/20/jimmy-patsos-lonzo-ball-is-like-jason-kidd/

« Reply #278 on: March 21, 2017, 01:07:57 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Anyone who thinks that any college player is "top 10 in the world right now" is drinking the spiked Kool-Aid awfully hard and needs to see someone for treatment.

The last guy who might be able to claim that was Lebron almost 15 years ago. And that year Pierce, Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, McGrady, Carter, Duncan and Dirk were clearly better. Add in Starbury, Peja, Kidd, Iverson (48 games) and it's not clear that even a once in a generation talent like Lebron was top 10. He certainly wasn't top 10 the YEAR BEFORE he went to the NBA.

Laughable.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #279 on: March 21, 2017, 01:34:37 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Jimmy Patsos, head coach at Sienna, TV analyst, and Celtic fan, hopes Boston drafts Ball. Says he'd be great playing with IT.  A link to his assessment is below. It does not have him specifically mention about him pairing up nicely with IT, but my brother in law, who lives in LA (thinks we should definitely take Ball), heard Patsos say that in a recent broadcast.

http://gioandjones.radio.cbssports.com/2017/03/20/jimmy-patsos-lonzo-ball-is-like-jason-kidd/

TP Footney. An I will clarify since I did say when his confidence is high Like it was vs Cincinnati.

Ball will become a top 10 player in the league at some point. Hope that makes you feel better.

« Reply #280 on: March 21, 2017, 02:31:38 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Ball will become a top 10 player in the league at some point. Hope that makes you feel better.

That's a more plausible statement. He does appear to be special.

Note that both Fultz and Ball rank higher than Simmons in projecting their professional careers by some experts. I really hope we wind up with one of the two.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #281 on: March 21, 2017, 03:30:57 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

That's a more plausible statement. He does appear to be special.

Note that both Fultz and Ball rank higher than Simmons in projecting their professional careers by some experts. I really hope we wind up with one of the two.

Exactly. I get carried away talking about Ball, cause I love his game that much. I would take him over Simmons for sure.

Rare talent. Please Lord a top two pick would be amazing.

« Reply #282 on: March 22, 2017, 01:57:53 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I'm leaning towards the Celtics drafting either Fultz or Ball. I feel both, can be considered a notch above the pack. Lonzo looks like a special talent already, he already plays with NBA pace. I would be thrilled with either player. But Ball, who is considered to be similar to J. Kidd, could actually develop into Magic.

My problem is, Lonzo's dad is trouble waiting to happen. This guy needs a muzzle. His loud, crude, know it all mouth will have to be dealt with, sooner or later, as he begins second guessing GM's and coaches where ever his son lands.

He's already said he wants his son to go to the Lakers, frankly that would be the worst thing that could happen to Lonzo, his best bet is to play thousands of miles away from his blow-hard father, and pray the press simply ignores his dad. We all know, that ain't gonna happen.

Will having to deal with his father, sway you away from drafting Lonzo?

« Reply #283 on: March 25, 2017, 12:09:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Ball rocked by Fox . Kentucky moves on

Ball with 10 pts

Fox with 39 pts

« Reply #284 on: March 25, 2017, 12:15:05 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Fox play n like IT .....kid destroyed UCLA .....and he made it look pretty easy doing it IMO

Fultz
Jackson
Fox

Ball s release is TOO low ,  guys in the NBA won't allow that crappy lob .....guys in NBA ...too long , fast and strong to let him use that .
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 01:07:55 AM by SHAQATTACK »