Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91281 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
thanks chili. a tp for the analysis.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2017, 12:24:26 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I was watching the Duke game primarily but was switching back to watch this one occasionally. I have to say maybe I missed it but the small sample size that I watched Lonzo didn't play "any" defense at all. I saw him hit those two consecutive dagger 3's in the second half but I didn't see any defense.

« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Great game by Ball in UCLA over Cincinnati. 18-7-9 and it looked better than that. Wow.

Plus One Liam. Just finishing the game now on DVR. Just controls the game, when his confidence is high, he's one of the top ten players in the world, right now.

Best player in the Draft.

To all the Ball haters. Can you imagine what Coach Brad could draw up with this guy?
 It's insane. We would be unstoppable with Ball,  IT and Steven's.
Kg, since you watched the entire game, did ball shoot a three pointer while moving right? How was his defense? Did he drive. To the basket often?

Thanks in advance.

+1 for the thanks in advance. Actually he did not hit a shot going left I was looking for that all game.

Steve Smith commented on he was amazed how much separation ball was getting, and also said Ball is real life is the truth.

His defense is very good to my eye. He competes, even played good post defense. It's his BBIQ that makes him so good on D.

« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2017, 04:40:38 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Really looking forward to the game on Friday.  He'll be going against the most talented team he's played in the tournament in Kentucky, and he'll be guarded by Fox who is more athletic than he is.  I have the most Q's about Ball of any top 4 prospect but still think he could end up the best.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2017, 05:13:21 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Really looking forward to the game on Friday.  He'll be going against the most talented team he's played in the tournament in Kentucky, and he'll be guarded by Fox who is more athletic than he is.  I have the most Q's about Ball of any top 4 prospect but still think he could end up the best.
Fox is flying under the radar. He has John  Wall level potential in my opinion.

Even more unbelievable is that I still dont have him in the top 4.

A truly terrific draft to be anywhere in the top 8 or so.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #260 on: March 20, 2017, 05:24:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Great game by Ball in UCLA over Cincinnati. 18-7-9 and it looked better than that. Wow.

Plus One Liam. Just finishing the game now on DVR. Just controls the game, when his confidence is high, he's one of the top ten players in the world, right now.

Best player in the Draft.

To all the Ball haters. Can you imagine what Coach Brad could draw up with this guy?
 It's insane. We would be unstoppable with Ball,  IT and Steven's.
Kg, since you watched the entire game, did ball shoot a three pointer while moving right? How was his defense? Did he drive. To the basket often?

Thanks in advance.

+1 for the thanks in advance. Actually he did not hit a shot going left I was looking for that all game.

Steve Smith commented on he was amazed how much separation ball was getting, and also said Ball is real life is the truth.

His defense is very good to my eye. He competes, even played good post defense. It's his BBIQ that makes him so good on D.

Ball would pair so well with Bradley!

« Reply #261 on: March 20, 2017, 06:03:14 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Ball has played plenty of talented backcourt's this season, Washington (Fultz), USC, Oregon, Arizona and even Kentucky.  He hasn't looked overmatched in any of them that I've seen.

« Reply #262 on: March 20, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Ball vs Monk

Sweet

« Reply #263 on: March 20, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Bahaha Chipotle! You got me. Skip Bayless I am. I'm everywhere!

And please define Flaming hot take ILS.
claiming that when Ball is confident, "he's one of the top ten players in the world, right now." is a hot take perhaps to hot even for Skip Bayless.

A man famous for his hot takes.

Lonzo Ball is 19. There is no way he can hang with top 10 NBA players right now.

Lebron, Steph, Kawhi, KD, Harden, Russ, Anthony Davis, Giannis, Wall, Thomas are all light years ahead of Ball right now and thats not even including guys like Butler and George and Kyrie and Lowry and Millsap and Chris Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing Paul and Blake Griffin and Joel Embiid and all the other studs that I am forgetting right now.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #264 on: March 20, 2017, 07:06:19 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

claiming that when Ball is confident, "he's one of the top ten players in the world, right now." is a hot take perhaps to hot even for Skip Bayless.

Lonzo Ball is 19. There is no way he can hang with top 10 NBA players right now.

Lebron, Steph, Kawhi, KD, Harden, Russ, Anthony Davis, Giannis, Wall, Thomas are all light years ahead of Ball right now and thats not even including guys like Butler and George and Kyrie and Lowry and Millsap and Chris ****ing Paul and Blake Griffin and Joel Embiid and all the other studs that I am forgetting right now.

Respectfully disagree. You'll see when Ball gets to the league.

« Reply #265 on: March 20, 2017, 07:23:48 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Lebron, Steph, Kawhi, KD, Harden, Russ, Anthony Davis, Giannis, Wall, Thomas are all light years ahead of Ball right now and thats not even including guys like Butler and George and Kyrie and Lowry and Millsap and Chris ****ing Paul and Blake Griffin and Joel Embiid and all the other studs that I am forgetting right now.

alright. obviously youve got every right to believe that Lonzo Ball will be better as a rookie than Lebron James thats fine. I just think its a bit absurd.

« Reply #266 on: March 20, 2017, 07:58:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

He thinks Ball is at Lebrons level prior to being drafted.... You think this is not true

Lets see what happens next season
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:03:41 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #267 on: March 20, 2017, 08:02:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
One thing about Ball that no one can dispute so far is....he is a winner

Ucla vs Kentucky should be a top game

But the one I would love to see is Ucla vs Kansas... Ball vs Jackson

« Reply #268 on: March 20, 2017, 08:07:12 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Ball reminds me of John Wall except that;

-he can't score off the dribble and doesn't have the handles that Wall has but,
- he has the 3 point shot that Wall didn't have.

I think he's very very over rated right now against these awful college defenses.

He is not a top 10 player in the world right now though.
Top 5 college player yes.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #269 on: March 20, 2017, 09:07:39 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

alright. obviously youve got every right to believe that Lonzo Ball will be better as a rookie than Lebron James thats fine. I just think its a bit absurd.

I definitely didn't say that. LeBron is the true phenom. Still remember those high school games on ESPN.

Talk about the chosen one. I've still never seen any other player in ESPN in high school.

My point is besides the top five players in the league, he's going to be right there with the very best in the world.