Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91112 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2017, 11:03:27 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

You know who had Ignorant parental figure's?

Allen Iverson and LeBron James, probably shouldn't draft them either right.

What a silly premise to not draft a player, just admit you don't like the player.

See this is ridiculous and I respect most of what you do KG. Just because I differ from you doesnt mean I hate Ball. On the contrary I view him best case scenario as a tall sentinel esque sniper who makes amazing passes that leave your jaw dropped. I just feel like I made valid points on the human psyche.

Everything in a vacuum I view him as the 2nd best prospect (by a hair) behind Fultz. Yet none of the personal relationships of Ball appear for the other prospects. He is a great passer, and good shooter with a couple red flags

I will give it to you he is alot of fun to watch at the college level  :police:

TP F.O.S.

You said he's the second best player but a hair. I agree and that's really all I'm saying.

If we get the second pick I'm taking ball.

« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2017, 11:06:31 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

What a silly premise to not draft a player, just admit you don't like the player.

See this is ridiculous and I respect most of what you do KG. Just because I differ from you doesnt mean I hate Ball. On the contrary I view him best case scenario as a tall sentinel esque sniper who makes amazing passes that leave your jaw dropped. I just feel like I made valid points on the human psyche.

Everything in a vacuum I view him as the 2nd best prospect (by a hair) behind Fultz. Yet none of the personal relationships of Ball appear for the other prospects. He is a great passer, and good shooter with a couple red flags

TP F.O.S.

You said he's the second best player but a hair. I agree and that's really all I'm saying.

Alright, fair enough then we agree. Who would you take first? Preemptive TP for what I am guessing the answer as haha.
#JKJB

« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2017, 12:03:00 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

TP F.O.S.

Alright, fair enough then we agree. Who would you take first? Preemptive TP for what I am guessing the answer as haha.

It's gotta be Fultz.

#1 Fultz
 #2 Ball
 #3 Jackson
 #4 Tatum
 #5 Monk

« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2017, 12:13:44 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
KG, why do you devote so much energy to Ball if you  believe Fultz is the better prospect?

« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2017, 12:52:33 AM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
i've been looking at the draft and players...and i don't see the celtics taking ball with any of the picks..let's say...

celtics get ths #1 pick...we go with markelle fultz.
if we get the #2 pick we go with josh jackson.
if we get the #3 pick we go with jonathan isaac.
if we get the #4 pick it's isaac...

because if other teams go between us they will take ball...so i don't see us taking ball at all.

« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2017, 01:09:57 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
i've been looking at the draft and players...and i don't see the celtics taking ball with any of the picks..let's say...

celtics get ths #1 pick...we go with markelle fultz.
if we get the #2 pick we go with josh jackson.
if we get the #3 pick we go with jonathan isaac.
if we get the #4 pick it's isaac...

because if other teams go between us they will take ball...so i don't see us taking ball at all.

This is nonsense.

#1 pick I agree we take Fultz.
 #2 pick we take Ball.

There are two franchise altering talents in this draft, probably more but two are basically sure things if healthy.

I love Jackson and would take him third, but Ball is on another level

« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2017, 01:18:14 AM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
play this...it agrees with me also...LOL

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2017, 01:48:41 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

Well LeBron did abandon the team that drafted him and his mom did cause them to lose a playoff series, just ask Delonte about that one  ;)

Personally though, it does always bug me when I hear about someone associated with the player so much (in most contexts).  It just makes those other people come off as leeches, and then you start to question the kind of people so-and-so surround themselves with.

That I know who people like Lavar Ball and Aisha Curry are, and that I seemingly know every client Rich Paul represents, yet I don't really know who any other players' parents, wives, or agents are.  Those are just headaches waiting to happen.

Obvious exceptions for those with already famous wives (Carmelo, Wade) or parents (Steph Curry, Luke Walton, etc.), yet they still rarely, if ever, seem to be in the news because of the player they're associated with.

I'll take the player based on talent just about every time, just not looking forward to those headaches that are going to come along with it.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2017, 01:55:28 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

One player I wouldn't draft because I think he's am arrogant jerk is Dennis Smith JR.

Add to that his play has been disappointing recently and he's out of my top five.

« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2017, 02:01:23 AM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla

One player I wouldn't draft because I think he's am arrogant jerk is Dennis Smith JR.

Add to that his play has been disappointing recently and he's out of my top five.

yeah i wouldn't also...but no matter how many time i try this..it never has us taking ball? and it can't be because of need..because we take fult 1st...

« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2017, 02:02:18 AM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla

yeah i wouldn't also...but no matter how many time i try this..it never has us taking ball? and it can't be because of need..because we take fultz 1st...

« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2017, 02:03:11 AM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla
[
[/quote]

« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2017, 02:24:20 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2017, 02:53:39 AM »

Offline rayallen_35_24

• Joe Mazzulla

« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2017, 12:13:03 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I didn't get it the first time we played them. I do now.  Ball is really interesting.  Loved his court vision and feel for the game.