Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91303 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2017, 07:06:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
...not a bad game by Ball last night....But Ball has problems/does not want to drive and and finish going all the way to the basket

At the NBA level when teams play him tighter,  it could cause potential issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQoqEcu5a8
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:42:00 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2017, 07:20:18 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
...not a bad game by Ball last night....But Ball has problems/does not want to drive and and finish going all the way to the basket

At the NBA level when teams play him tighter,  it could cause potential issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQoqEcu5a8

He looks great to me. Sure would love to see him play with Brown. Seems like fun to play with him.

« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2017, 07:28:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'm with KG. Ball is the man. Will be a leader on a championship team. Don't feel that way about Fultz. He will stuff the stat sheet but won't lead team to championship.

« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2017, 01:16:47 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Just reading this article about Lamelo, his dad looks like a huge **** <- (didnt know that was blocked lol). Like one of those guys in a documentary about those sports crazed parents that force their kids to play sports.

« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2017, 11:53:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Lonzo is putting on a SHOW. Heard something in the recent RealGM podcast with Sam Vecenie, and it could not be more true: Lonzo Ball was put on this Earth to play basketball.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2017, 01:02:47 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Lonzo is putting on a SHOW. Heard something in the recent RealGM podcast with Sam Vecenie, and it could not be more true: Lonzo Ball was put on this Earth to play basketball.

He had a quiet first half, but dominated down the stretch.  Even put the ball on the floor and attacked the rim!

« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2017, 01:06:56 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
That step back to ice it was unreal.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2017, 01:24:00 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
He has the CLUTCH GENE: does Markelle?

« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2017, 01:33:23 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

The thing about Ball is he is a pure point guard and I can't see how it would be possible to play him next to Thomas, where as Fultz is more of a combo...although IMO Ainge will be moving the pick if we get a top 2

« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2017, 01:37:35 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

The thing about Ball is he is a pure point guard and I can't see how it would be possible to play him next to Thomas, where as Fultz is more of a combo...although IMO Ainge will be moving the pick if we get a top 2
both guys are good enough shooters to play off-ball. Plus, Ball is big enough to gaurd twos.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2017, 01:44:59 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

both guys are good enough shooters to play off-ball. Plus, Ball is big enough to gaurd twos.

TP..... you took the words right out of my mouth.

When Thomas is paired with Smart, Thomas plays off the ball, and they are very effective together, and Smart takes the 2 on D.

« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2017, 07:49:18 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Just reading this article about Lamelo, his dad looks like a huge **** <- (didnt know that was blocked lol). Like one of those guys in a documentary about those sports crazed parents that force their kids to play sports.

Definitely strikes me as a dad who could be a detriment to his son's success down the line. I view best case scenario for him being like the basketball version of Gronk's dad. Worst case scenario he does the stupid sound bites where he compares his kids to MJ again.
#JKJB

« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2017, 08:29:58 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I really like Ball. The thing is he is always playing with a knee pad on his left knee. I mean, you wear these things for a reason. If he were 100% healthy he wouldn't have to use a knee pad.

I made a quick google search about it and the only thing I found was this tweet from 2015

''Knee hurt so much can't sleep😑''

https://twitter.com/zo2_/status/634648290793881600

Has anyone read anything suspicious about his injury history?

« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2017, 09:16:47 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

TP..... you took the words right out of my mouth.

When Thomas is paired with Smart, Thomas plays off the ball, and they are very effective together, and Smart takes the 2 on D.

Ball/Bradley seems like an ideal pairing on paper.  Bradley can guard the smaller,quicker points, which is where he really excels, and provides a shooter on the wing.  Smart is the one guy who might not pair well with Ball.  Ball/Bradley/Brown/Crowder/Horford would be a fun unit.

« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2017, 09:23:25 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I really like Ball. The thing is he is always playing with a knee pad on his left knee. I mean, you wear these things for a reason. If he were 100% healthy he wouldn't have to use a knee pad.

I made a quick google search about it and the only thing I found was this tweet from 2015

''Knee hurt so much can't sleep😑''

https://twitter.com/zo2_/status/634648290793881600

Has anyone read anything suspicious about his injury history?

Well that's scary. Good find.