Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91290 times)

Lonzo Ball is in Super Elite company
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Big shout out to Footney for further proving what I already knew. That can Lonzo Ball is a future superstar. Chad Ford polled GM's to find out who is a tier 1 player in this draft.

Guess what? The NBA GM's agree with me.

Tier 1 (Potential superstars)

Lonzo Ball, PG, UCLA
Markelle Fultz, PG, Washington

Only eight players have been ranked in this slot since we started doing this in 2009: Blake Griffin, John Wall, Anthony Davis, Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, Jabari Parker, Karl-Anthony Towns and Ben Simmons.

That's pretty elite company.

One of the top Ten players in the last eight years. Yes. The kid is going to be a Superstar.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:16:00 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Lonzo Ball is in Super Elite Star company
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 05:40:20 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
He doesn't play any defense and can't get to the rim...

I like Lonzo, but I think he's better as a 2nd option than as the guy who initiates the offense.

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 05:58:00 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

He plays defense. He's the coolest basketball player I have ever seen. Nothing bothers this kid. It's impressive.

In what universe does a player with J Kidd ability and Steph Curry range and shooting % not succeed..

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 06:05:26 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He plays defense. He's the coolest basketball player I have ever seen. Nothing bothers this kid. It's impressive.

In what universe does a player with J Kidd ability and Steph Curry range and shooting % not succeed..
what????

people disagree with you, not because Ball isnt a good, but because you make him out to be some diety with Steph Currys shooting ability and Jason Kidds "ability".

Steph Curry is the greatest shooter of all time and Jason Kidd is a 10 time all star who led the league in assists 5 times and made 9 all defense teams, and 6 all-nba teams.

Dont tell me the guy who isnt even the best prospect in his class has the "ability" of one of the best defensive and playmaking and rebounding gaurds of all time along with the shooting of the best shooter of all time.

If hes that good than whats Fultz?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 06:16:07 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Looked pretty bad over the last part of the Arizona game today. He struggled to be effective against an aggressive, athletic Arizona defense.

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2017, 06:21:48 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
If we take Ball within the top 2 picks I will be very p---ed. The guy is a bust waiting to happen. Bar none Fultz is the best player in the draft and it shouldn't be a question of who we draft at 1 if we get the pick.

If we get 2 we take either Tatum or trade it

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2017, 06:24:01 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
another Lonzo Ball thread...... oh brother.

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2017, 06:45:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Looked pretty bad over the last part of the Arizona game today. He struggled to be effective against an aggressive, athletic Arizona defense.

Didn't see game but his stats were impressive. You saying he played bad towards end?

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2017, 06:47:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If we take Ball within the top 2 picks I will be very p---ed. The guy is a bust waiting to happen. Bar none Fultz is the best player in the draft and it shouldn't be a question of who we draft at 1 if we get the pick.

Most GMs disagree with your assessment. Think I have more faith in their view.

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 06:49:11 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Didn't see game but his stats were impressive. You saying he played bad towards end?

He didn't impress me at the end. I tuned in, saw his stats, and thought, "Man, he must be going off. This should be good."

But he didn't do anything of note over the last 10 minutes of the game. He had a few turnovers and generally looked like the Arizona defense had him out of rhythm.

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 06:52:01 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Overall he was pretty awesome again. Set a career high in points. Shot it well. Made plays all game long.

They coach for Arizona is top notch. UCLA is showing their weaknesses against top team's. TJ leaf played bad and they need him.

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 07:01:11 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Most GMs disagree with your assessment. Think I have more faith in their view.

What if Danny took none of them?

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2017, 07:43:31 PM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57

He gets eaten alive by anybody with a hint to explosion as a defender. He's long an athletic so he generates turnovers at the college level, but he got absolutely torched vs Fox in the UK game.

Re: Lonzo Ball is in Super Elite company
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 12:35:16 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 24 points
 8 Assists
 6 Rebounds

4 for 8 from three
 10 for 15 from the field

Ball today vs Arizona

Re: Lonzo Ball is in Super Elite company
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 12:38:59 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Evan Turner is probably his floor...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.