Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 92140 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #375 on: May 09, 2017, 09:44:54 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
MJ can't sell a $495 shoe cuz "MJs not Lonzo" according to Lavar

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19345569/lavar-ball-says-selling-495-shoes-son-lonzo-ball-doing-things-michael-jordan-never-did

It's funny, because Lonzo hasn't even played an NBA game yet.

Also, notice how it's all LaVar Ball but NOTHING Lonzo. Like have you even heard Lonzo's voice lately anywhere in the main news/media?
Lol exactly

« Reply #376 on: May 09, 2017, 09:48:38 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't care either way if Lonzo succeeds; he is young and is easily impressionable. However, I hate everything that Lavar is as a person and hope he royally fails...or even goes to jail for something petty. The guy is living vicariously through his kids and is demanding more attention despite the fact that he has no discernible talent.

Big Baller Brand is a total joke. Yeah, dude, you are going to be the next big thing. I am glad your kids have given you a platform to be legendary  ::)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:12:34 PM by jambr380 »

« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2017, 01:12:33 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #378 on: May 16, 2017, 10:13:32 PM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
Won't be needing this thread anymore  ;D

« Reply #379 on: May 17, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Lavar says lonzo will only work out for Lakers

« Reply #380 on: May 17, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Despite all the daddy issues...I think Lonzo has a chance to be special.

http://www.celticshub.com/2017/04/04/celticshub-2017-nba-draft-big-small-board-no-2-lonzo-ball/

https://youtu.be/0F7zZL6QmQA

Lonzo absolutely has a chance to be special. Fultz separates himself by having a greater chance at being special and a lesser chance of being bad IMO. Lonzo is still a great prospect.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #381 on: May 17, 2017, 05:49:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
 ;D
Lavar now says the price tag is now $3 billion if Nike and underarmour want to talk a shoe deal. Can he go an hour without talking

« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2017, 06:11:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
;D
Lavar now says the price tag is now $3 billion if Nike and underarmour want to talk a shoe deal. Can he go an hour without talking

thank god that big mouth and his family is staying in LA.

« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2017, 07:51:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Lakers don't pick Ball.... puhahahhaha .... Love to see Lavars face

I think if Lakers skip on I'm too good to workout for anybody else Lonzo Ball...He will drop to Sacramento..... Lonzo will still be playing for a westcoast team

Lavar ecstatic Lakers picking #2... what a guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyVo6-TbsSo

« Reply #384 on: May 18, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm still holding out hope all 30 teams refuse to allow this kid to be a part of their league and force him to go play in China.

Screw him and his piece of crap father. 

« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2017, 10:18:24 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I'm still holding out hope all 30 teams refuse to allow this kid to be a part of their league and force him to go play in China.

Screw him and his piece of crap father.

What?!?

What did Lonzo Ball ever do other than refuse to sign a shoe contract with a brand not owned by his family?

What is wrong with everybody?

Lavar Ball is just a savvy promoter.  If news on what he does is getting a rise out of you than honestly, that's exactly what he's hoping for. Every time he's in the news it builds the Ball Family Brand and raises their earning power.  If you don't like this strategy that's fine, but there's good evidence that in today's media market making outlandish, unrealistic claims is good business (see Donald Trump) as long as it keeps you relevant and they don't turn the microphones off.     

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/the-ball-family-coming-to-a-basketball-court-and-tv-near-you/

Lavar's done a good job keeping his family together and protecting his sons from the exploitative and unhealthy world of AAU basketball and college recruiting and yet everyone is mad at him because he's trying to make basketball work for his family rather than just falling in line.  I find it strange that so many people would take this so personally. 

Many of you would probably feel better if you went outside and took a walk. 

« Reply #386 on: May 21, 2017, 01:04:43 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Don't post here that often, but I guess I'll give my 2c on the Lonzo thing. I could give two ****s about his dad, I only care about the basketball player, but I honestly don't think he's the best player at 2, which is Jackson. There is this tidal wave of Lonzo hype going on partly from his dad and partly from the media that the Lakers must take him, and fans will put that pressure on the FO to take him. I hope Magic/Pelinka are smart enough to pick the best player there, which wouldn't be Ball.

« Reply #387 on: May 21, 2017, 01:09:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Don't post here that often, but I guess I'll give my 2c on the Lonzo thing. I could give two ****s about his dad, I only care about the basketball player, but I honestly don't think he's the best player at 2, which is Jackson. There is this tidal wave of Lonzo hype going on partly from his dad and partly from the media that the Lakers must take him, and fans will put that pressure on the FO to take him. I hope Magic/Pelinka are smart enough to pick the best player there, which wouldn't be Ball.

One thing I know from the recent Lakers front office , it's that they will take the player they believe themselves is the best, regardless of position or what the media or so-called draft experts think. They passed on Okafor to take Russell even though they had Clarkson and needed a center, and Okafor was the consensus #2.

If they believe Jackson or Tatum is better than Ball, they will easily pass on Ball.

« Reply #388 on: May 21, 2017, 01:16:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

I kind of soured on Ball after that last game. He didn't really show up for that one and was just waiting to announce his early draft entrance. I think that UCLA team would be very hard to replicate in the NBA. Ball had like 5 guys that shot over 40% from three surrounding him. Ball was not always the primary ball handler on that team and they had a lot of talent. I'm not buying that Ball turned that team around all by himself narrative that's been spun out there. That UCLA team had a ton of talent. I'm not so sure that Ball can translate to the NBA. Ball hardly ever shot any contested shots and his shot is going to be really easy to bother on the next level. The big question for me is he closer to Adam Morrison than Steph Curry?

« Reply #389 on: May 21, 2017, 01:55:36 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
;D

thank god that big mouth and his family is staying in LA.

Agreed.

What company in their right mind would give a huge contract like that to an unproven. I'm really hoping LA and Boston meets early and CBS puts Smart on Ball....

I'd almost feel sorry for the kid. :)