Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 92138 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Oh, and no #$& way would I want him on the team unless he divorced his dad. And even then, I'd rather have Fultz,Jackson, or Tatum.

That's a good point. Notify Ainge. If we  him I want a Legal Separation and they need to be approved by the Legal team on CB.

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #361 on: April 30, 2017, 01:02:12 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Just wondering out loud, if the Lakers won the first overall pick, would they pass on Fultz to take Ball? Or the other way around, pass on Ball and take Fultz. (In that case Lavar would go totally ballistic, lol.)

And if they did passed on Ball, would Ball actually slip in the draft because his father would be continually trying to get his son shipped to "his" Lakers through the media.

If I were an NBA GM I certainly would be hesitant to deal with his father with him being a such a big mouth idiot being used by the national sports media.

« Reply #362 on: April 30, 2017, 09:15:13 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I just read where Ball is reported not going to attend the draft combine.

I guess this hurts his chance being taken top 3 .......?   If you can't talk to him why take a chance., get a feel for his sincerity .

He seems to be setting himself up to ONLY go to Lakers ( least he hopes ) , with this move .

Would be funny if Lakers skip him to take another player.

To me he has more to loose than any top choice .  To prove he is everything his big mouth father says he is and that he wants to play for whomever drafts him.

I'm really skeptical now

« Reply #363 on: April 30, 2017, 09:25:13 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

I guess this hurts his chance being taken top 3 .......?   If you can't talk to him why take a chance., get a feel for his sincerity .

He seems to be setting himself up to ONLY go to Lakers ( least he hopes ) , with this move .

To me he has more to loose than any top choice .  To prove he is everything his big mouth father says he is and that he wants to play for whomever drafts him.

I'm really skeptical now

This does not at all hurt his chance of being taken top 3.  This is something the majority of top players do.

Ben Simmons, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Joel Embiid, Karl Anthony Towns, Jahlil Okafor they all skipped the combine too.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #364 on: May 01, 2017, 06:59:09 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

I'm really skeptical now

This does not at all hurt his chance of being taken top 3.  This is something the majority of top players do.

Ben Simmons, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, Joel Embiid, Karl Anthony Towns, Jahlil Okafor they all skipped the combine too.

Yeah I know all that .   But his situation with publicly stating his feelings about being drafted anywhere but LA .   It changes the way people perceive him.  If I was GM and he would not work out , I would not,draft,him .   He needs to show people what he is about .....meet them face to face .....hiding in LA  whined his daddy does not help his case.  No way.

If he is so great he should.have no problem showing up,

« Reply #365 on: May 03, 2017, 10:16:36 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707646-lakers-reportedly-enamored-with-lonzo-ball

Apparently the Lakers are "enamored" with Lonzo Ball and would take him number one overall.

Me:

« Reply #366 on: May 04, 2017, 02:47:20 AM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707646-lakers-reportedly-enamored-with-lonzo-ball

Apparently the Lakers are "enamored" with Lonzo Ball and would take him number one overall.

Me:

Chad Ford reported it...not worth a whole lot imo

« Reply #367 on: May 04, 2017, 04:22:10 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707820-lonzo-ball-reveals-495-zo2-signature-shoes-made-by-big-baller-brand

Lol the Ball arrogance saga continues  ;D

I seriously want these people nowhere near our organization. They just have LA written all over them, and not in a good way.

« Reply #368 on: May 04, 2017, 04:30:31 PM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707820-lonzo-ball-reveals-495-zo2-signature-shoes-made-by-big-baller-brand

I seriously want these people nowhere near our organization. They just have LA written all over them, and not in a good way.

$500 for a pair of basketball shoes that look just like CP3's you can get for $100

LOL

I've seen enough from this family, off my Celtics draft board.

« Reply #369 on: May 04, 2017, 04:36:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

$500 for a pair of basketball shoes that look just like CP3's you can get for $100

LOL

Slippers are $220!  :D :D :D  It's more than Prada slippers!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

« Reply #370 on: May 04, 2017, 04:44:59 PM »

Offline jakeopp

• Joe Mazzulla

LOL

Slippers are $220!  :D :D :D  It's more than Prada slippers!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I've been telling myself not to go too hard on the kid since his dad is the one calling all the shots. However.. at this point i'm kinda hoping he goes to the Lakers and busts.

« Reply #371 on: May 04, 2017, 04:56:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

LOL

There are even a pair of shoes over $900... It's like who in the hell do these people think they are?

« Reply #372 on: May 04, 2017, 05:06:52 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
This Ball father is such a clown that it's actually ridiculous.  It's like a character from a movie or something, a parody of the overbearing sports dad.

I feel bad for the kids but I think at this point you should reasonably be distancing yourself some from this kind of thing if you had some sense and were the age Lonzo Ball is.  They turned down actual shoe deals for this.  It's a poor man's Kobe looking shoe that for zero reason costs 5 times as much.

I liked Shaq's tweet:

https://twitter.com/SHAQ/status/860234184144461824

Big Baller Brand.  Truly a prestige brand worthy of sandals that cost more then Gucci or Prada ones.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #373 on: May 09, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

« Reply #374 on: May 09, 2017, 09:19:05 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
MJ can't sell a $495 shoe cuz "MJs not Lonzo" according to Lavar

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19345569/lavar-ball-says-selling-495-shoes-son-lonzo-ball-doing-things-michael-jordan-never-did

It's funny, because Lonzo hasn't even played an NBA game yet.

Also, notice how it's all LaVar Ball but NOTHING Lonzo. Like have you even heard Lonzo's voice lately anywhere in the main news/media?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller