Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 92290 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2017, 05:06:48 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

That's a TP Jammer. Hyperbole, what a bunch of crap. I've dumped out more basketball intelligence that that dude has seen.

Ball is a very rare talent, flaws and all.

« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2017, 05:11:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The days of a POINT running the entire offense without being a legitimate scoring threat is over. Sure, guys like Rondo still rack up assists and help out teammates to score. But with how the league has gone, its harder to dominate that way. Guys like Westbrook and Harden are harder to deal with because of their threat of scoring. Even guys like Smart generate a lot of his assists out of the post plays.

The idea that Ball, as he is right now, would make Brown an all-star is ridiculous hyperbole. Brown might be an all-star, but not because of a guard who doesnt create his own shot feeding him the ball. Ball might be Kidd-like someday but the comparison right now isn't right. Kidd is way better as a defender initially and also had a post game. Kidd was also a better passer.

Comparing two players esp in different eras early in their careers is not very Smart. A lot of guys with fancy college stats end up as busts, while some don't have sexy college numbers but end up as all-stars. You don't look at the numbers alone and say "he is a better rebounder than Kidd". Deandre Jordan averaged 6 rebounds a game in college. Does that mean Ball is better? That's a load of crap.

I think guys like Harden and Westbrook are harder for their own teammates to deal with. With a guy like Harden or Westbrook you need to build your whole team around them and their style of play. If they aren't getting their touches they become unhappy. I think there is a reason Westbrook or Harden have never been on a championship team and that's due to their ball dominant style of play.

May have to add IT to that assessment, LOL.

« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2017, 06:11:06 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

That's a good point, Thomas scores more than Harden lol

« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2017, 10:35:01 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Watching Ball. Such a floor general. Even when he doesn't have the ball, he is directing the offense, telling them where to move the ball.

Coach's dream.

« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2017, 10:40:31 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Watching Ball. Such a floor general. Even when he doesn't have the ball, he is directing the offense, telling them where to move the ball.

Coach's dream.

Please draft this kid!
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2017, 11:06:03 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Coach's dream.

That's a +1 to Footney and Chief.  I'm a little surprised at the hate for Ball.
 He has so many off the chart Celtic traits it would be a treat to watch.

« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2017, 11:26:01 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Coach's dream.

Please draft this kid!
he has sensational passing ability. no doubt. and he shoots 3 points very, very well.

but i dont see a careful discussion of the questions surrounding him, only adoration.

what of his defense? it has been characterized as indifferent. does he have the quickness to cover nba pgs? not a slam, simply a question.

he has not yet, ever, moved to his right in college ball to shoot a successful 3 pointer. he moves left, steps back, and that is about it. since he shoots from the left side of his head, can he move and shoot well going right? again, a question. has he proven he can move to the right and shoot the 3? this will be important in the nba.

questions are raisied on his ability to create his own shot. he may over come this with age and experience and time. i dont know. but, again, it is a question that needs to be looked at. not to condemn, but to better evaluate ball.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:33:48 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2017, 11:53:09 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Ball is playing right now in Tru tv.

« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2017, 12:02:40 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Coach's dream.

Please draft this kid!
he has sensational passing ability. no doubt. and he shoots 3 points very, very well.

but i dont see a careful discussion of the questions surrounding him, only adoration.

what of his defense? it has been characterized as indifferent. does he have the quickness to cover nba pgs? not a slam, simply a question.

he has not yet, ever, moved to his right in college ball to shoot a successful 3 pointer. he moves left, steps back, and that is about it. since he shoots from the left side of his head, can he move and shoot well going right? again, a question. has he proven he can move to the right and shoot the 3? this will be important in the nba.

questions are raisied on his ability to create his own shot. he may over come this with age and experience and time. i dont know. but, again, it is a question that needs to be looked at. not to condemn, but to better evaluate ball.

I hear you Hwang. +1. He's got very strange weaknesses. However he does shoot over .700% from 2 point range. So it's like hey kid go to the rim more bro, you don't miss.

His defense, I think his floor is good and his defensive potential is excellent. Hid coach said it's the most not talked about part of his game.
 His height, Athleticism, anticipation, add his quickness on defense.

The can't go right thing is concerning.

Tonight he injured his hip, came back scored 15 points,4 boards, 3 assists, on six of seven shooting.

« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2017, 03:20:33 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The days of a POINT running the entire offense without being a legitimate scoring threat is over. Sure, guys like Rondo still rack up assists and help out teammates to score. But with how the league has gone, its harder to dominate that way. Guys like Westbrook and Harden are harder to deal with because of their threat of scoring. Even guys like Smart generate a lot of his assists out of the post plays.

The idea that Ball, as he is right now, would make Brown an all-star is ridiculous hyperbole. Brown might be an all-star, but not because of a guard who doesnt create his own shot feeding him the ball. Ball might be Kidd-like someday but the comparison right now isn't right. Kidd is way better as a defender initially and also had a post game. Kidd was also a better passer.

Comparing two players esp in different eras early in their careers is not very Smart. A lot of guys with fancy college stats end up as busts, while some don't have sexy college numbers but end up as all-stars. You don't look at the numbers alone and say "he is a better rebounder than Kidd". Deandre Jordan averaged 6 rebounds a game in college. Does that mean Ball is better? That's a load of crap.

I think guys like Harden and Westbrook are harder for their own teammates to deal with. With a guy like Harden or Westbrook you need to build your whole team around them and their style of play. If they aren't getting their touches they become unhappy. I think there is a reason Westbrook or Harden have never been on a championship team and that's due to their ball dominant style of play.

That is poor argument. Lebron and Kyrie plays like Harden and Westbrook on offense. Lebron is better defensively by a lot though. Chris Paul hasn't won a championship. Same as Steve Nash. You cannot use that argument.

Oh and KG, basketball knowledge  ::) You are so infatuated with Ball you just don't see the negatives. Im fine with picking Ball, but he is not as you guys worship him to be. That is reality. He is a good prospect, but he is not a sure thing, and yes it's a hyperbole by saying a college player who has never played a single NBA game will be better than one of the best ever at his position. If you cant fathom the truth in this statement, then your hopeless.

« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2017, 04:10:24 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

Coach's dream.

Please draft this kid!

I hear you Hwang. +1. He's got very strange weaknesses. However he does shoot over .700% from 2 point range. So it's like hey kid go to the rim more bro, you don't miss.

His defense, I think his floor is good and his defensive potential is excellent. Hid coach said it's the most not talked about part of his game.
 His height, Athleticism, anticipation, add his quickness on defense.

The can't go right thing is concerning.

Tonight he injured his hip, came back scored 15 points,4 boards, 3 assists, on six of seven shooting.

Hwang + 2, have to admit you are one of the best on this forum...great analysis no ego or agendas.

« Reply #236 on: March 18, 2017, 05:36:59 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Please draft this kid!

I think his Dad, may hurt him in the draft in regards to Ainge.

« Reply #237 on: March 18, 2017, 04:02:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

That is poor argument. Lebron and Kyrie plays like Harden and Westbrook on offense. Lebron is better defensively by a lot though. Chris Paul hasn't won a championship. Same as Steve Nash. You cannot use that argument.

Oh and KG, basketball knowledge  ::) You are so infatuated with Ball you just don't see the negatives. Im fine with picking Ball, but he is not as you guys worship him to be. That is reality. He is a good prospect, but he is not a sure thing, and yes it's a hyperbole by saying a college player who has never played a single NBA game will be better than one of the best ever at his position. If you cant fathom the truth in this statement, then your hopeless.

Please don't come at me like a  clown 🤡.

It most cases you know by 19 years old if the kid has a chance to be great. LeBron nearly everyone knew he was going to be special in high school. Except you.

Durant, Wiggins, Irving, Paul, Iverson, Jordan, Magic. You Know when your watching a special talent by age 19. You wouldn't make a very good scout.

« Reply #238 on: March 18, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
last month....Ball vs Fultz highlights. Matchup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo5sMQLBK4Y

« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2017, 06:53:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Please draft this kid!

I think his Dad, may hurt him in the draft in regards to Ainge.

The Dad fits right in with the Lakers , loud and big mouth crowd     Lakers is his dads best fit.   But Lonzo is stable and could fit in anywhere.

I think CBS will be ga ga over his handles and passing plus team player concept .

I think CBS will get ...HIS man........