Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91855 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2017, 12:17:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
In all seriousness, I'm set with Lonzo Ball now. He could be a better version of Jason Kidd and I'd still stay away. LaVar Ball can't control himself and is an unnecessary distraction.

He reminds me of those crazy parents in that documentary "Trophy Kids"

A BILLION dollars? Get real.

Tp mean green. A friend of mine actually made that movie! Nice shout out!

« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2017, 12:19:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Draft the kid, and then put out a hit on his father.

If loving this comment is wrong than I don't wanna be right. Tp.

« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2017, 01:12:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I haven't followed this stuff closely but in general I'm like 1% as concerned about a head case parent than a head case player. If Lonzo's got his head on straight then his dad can be as bonkers as he wants.

« Reply #198 on: March 14, 2017, 01:22:55 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
The father is the worst kind of sports father, but at least no one will take him seriously and he shouldn't have too much effect on his kids careers.  Smarter people will step in.

« Reply #199 on: March 14, 2017, 01:27:59 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Wow!  He's Coach Nick's favorite player in this draft!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F7zZL6QmQA

Funniest thing I've ever seen. People that don't think he's not the best player in the draft.

Now with Fultz having injury problems. Did you know this is Washingtons worse season in the 16 years they have had this head coach.

With the #1 overall pick? Something doesn't add up.

You can count on one hand the players with higher BBIQ than ball going back to the 1980s.

This kid truly is a basketball unicorn.
I'm nervous that he won't be able to create shots on offense. Everything he gets is off the pick and roll or on step backs. I'm worried that he won't come into the NBA and be able to create off the dribble.

I'm also worried that his shot mechanics will make it difficult for him to get off his shot when he dribbles to the right (since he brings the ball to his left then flings it across his body).

Fultz is on a terrible team, where UCLA is a great team. It makes it difficult to know how much of it is Ball making UCLA great and how much of it is Ball being on a great team.

I'm also not sure about Ball's defense.

I actually prefer both Jackson and Fultz to Ball because of those issues.
I agree, you can also add Tatum too that list of guys I'd take before him

Your absolutely nuts for taking Tatum before Ball.

The Tatum can't even shoot three's yet. He's super Evan Turner.

Meanwhile Ball has range from 30 plus feet, and he shoots .430% from downtown.

You also say this as if Ball doesnt have issues in his game. Ball poor FT shooter. No mid range game at all so far. Doesnt beat people off the dribble. Creates very little separation from defender when he drives with the ball in his had. Doesnt finish in traffic well. Not sure he will be more than average defensively. Team has always fit around him, has yet to fit into a system.

Pluses. He has been able to win wherever he goes. His ugly shot goes in if he has space. Is good off the ball. Great vision and plays with pace.

Bottom line lets not think that everyone thinks he is a no brainer cus I sure and hell dont.

If you can't see that Ball is a future NBA star, then I question your ability to evaluate talent.

Tatum has improved his 3 point percentage to a solid rate. Ball is a basketball Genius. Not hard to see that if you watch a full game.

I think the correct internet response is: LUL
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #200 on: March 14, 2017, 02:04:31 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Funniest thing I've ever seen. People that don't think he's not the best player in the draft.

Now with Fultz having injury problems. Did you know this is Washingtons worse season in the 16 years they have had this head coach.

You can count on one hand the players with higher BBIQ than ball going back to the 1980s.

I'm nervous that he won't be able to create shots on offense. Everything he gets is off the pick and roll or on step backs. I'm worried that he won't come into the NBA and be able to create off the dribble.

I'm also worried that his shot mechanics will make it difficult for him to get off his shot when he dribbles to the right (since he brings the ball to his left then flings it across his body).

Fultz is on a terrible team, where UCLA is a great team. It makes it difficult to know how much of it is Ball making UCLA great and how much of it is Ball being on a great team.

You also say this as if Ball doesnt have issues in his game. Ball poor FT shooter. No mid range game at all so far. Doesnt beat people off the dribble. Creates very little separation from defender when he drives with the ball in his had. Doesnt finish in traffic well. Not sure he will be more than average defensively. Team has always fit around him, has yet to fit into a system.

Pluses. He has been able to win wherever he goes. His ugly shot goes in if he has space. Is good off the ball. Great vision and plays with pace.

Bottom line lets not think that everyone thinks he is a no brainer cus I sure and hell dont.

If you can't see that Ball is a future NBA star, then I question your ability to evaluate talent.

Tatum has improved his 3 point percentage to a solid rate. Ball is a basketball Genius. Not hard to see that if you watch a full game.

So Casper your saying he isn't a basketball Genius?

The issue is with his dad not his game.

« Reply #201 on: March 14, 2017, 02:21:16 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

So Casper your saying he isn't a basketball Genius?

The issue is with his dad not his game.
in what way is he a basketball genius? That time where he passes the ball to a guy for a wide open 3?

« Reply #202 on: March 14, 2017, 03:15:11 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 Have you watched him play? If so how many games. He and Leaf transformed UCLA in one year.

He's avg 7.7 assists per game. The exact same number as kid his freshman year. Kidd avg 4 t.o. per game. Ball is at 2.5 T.o.

Ball is a better rebounder than Kidd also. Ball is a better free throw shooter at the same age. And Kidd shot .286% from three while ball is currently .410% on almost twice the attempts.

Would you agree that Kidd was a basketball Genius?

Magic Johnson freshman year.

17.1 ppg 7.6 rpg 7.9 apg

Kidd

13ppg 4.9 APG 7.7 apg

Ball

14.6 ppg 6.1 rpg 7.7 apg

Numbers don't lie. Hes right there with the best to ever do it at the same age.

« Reply #203 on: March 14, 2017, 04:00:03 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
 Seems like such a nice kid. He's embarrassed about his dad IMO.

Here is his coach talking about his defense at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=RXvRZ8n1s_U

I do think he has serious flaws in his game. Westbrook is his basketball hero. Kidd had flaws too.

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2017, 08:06:51 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2017/3/14/14926168/lavar-ball-lonzo-dad-meme-twitter

Apparently, #LaVarBallSays is a thing now!

Gosh, I love the internet sometimes.

« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2017, 08:18:55 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I'd be freaking embarrassed too if my dad was saying stupid stuff, seeking he spotlight and appearing on sports shows.  I'd tell him to go stay and home keep quiet.

Ball is so smooth, but it seems like Kidd had much quicker feet.  Am I wrong on that?

« Reply #206 on: March 15, 2017, 08:23:51 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Whether or not Ball makes sense for our team - I don't see him mixing in with IT - having the right to draft him will be extremely valuable. I'd say half the teams in the NBA would want to make a deal with Danny for his rights.

« Reply #207 on: March 15, 2017, 08:52:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
You can bet DA and CBS are watching him close and chomping at the bit to work him out and talk with him.

« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2017, 03:26:20 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I'd be freaking embarrassed too if my dad was saying stupid stuff, seeking he spotlight and appearing on sports shows.  I'd tell him to go stay and home keep quiet.

Ball is so smooth, but it seems like Kidd had much quicker feet.  Am I wrong on that?

No your right about Kidd's feet. Kidd set a more frantic pace too. Zo, is like the laid back road runner.

Ball will be listed at 6'6" in the NBA. Kidd and Ball have very different builds. Kidd had shorter legs and Arms but was built stronger.

« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2017, 03:38:21 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Whether or not Ball makes sense for our team - I don't see him mixing in with IT - having the right to draft him will be extremely valuable. I'd say half the teams in the NBA would want to make a deal with Danny for his rights.

TP Footney, however I disagree with how he would play with Thomas.

The type of player that he is Zo would pass it to Isaiah 100 times in a row to earn his trust.

Ball knows he's the best scorer on our team and he would rack up assists together with Thomas his wingman.

Ball would make Jaylen Brown an All Star. He would make Isaiah Thomas's job so much easier. IT may lead the league in scoring.