Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 92281 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2017, 05:13:34 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Wow!  He's Coach Nick's favorite player in this draft!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F7zZL6QmQA

Funniest thing I've ever seen. People that don't think he's not the best player in the draft.

Now with Fultz having injury problems. Did you know this is Washingtons worse season in the 16 years they have had this head coach.

With the #1 overall pick? Something doesn't add up.

You can count on one hand the players with higher BBIQ than ball going back to the 1980s.

This kid truly is a basketball unicorn.
I'm nervous that he won't be able to create shots on offense. Everything he gets is off the pick and roll or on step backs. I'm worried that he won't come into the NBA and be able to create off the dribble.

I'm also worried that his shot mechanics will make it difficult for him to get off his shot when he dribbles to the right (since he brings the ball to his left then flings it across his body).

Fultz is on a terrible team, where UCLA is a great team. It makes it difficult to know how much of it is Ball making UCLA great and how much of it is Ball being on a great team.

I'm also not sure about Ball's defense.

I actually prefer both Jackson and Fultz to Ball because of those issues.
I agree, you can also add Tatum too that list of guys I'd take before him

« Reply #166 on: March 03, 2017, 06:11:07 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

He is 4th on my board for alot of the reasons others have mentioned here.

Funniest thing I've ever seen. People that don't think he's not the best player in the draft.

Now with Fultz having injury problems. Did you know this is Washingtons worse season in the 16 years they have had this head coach.

You can count on one hand the players with higher BBIQ than ball going back to the 1980s.

I'm nervous that he won't be able to create shots on offense. Everything he gets is off the pick and roll or on step backs. I'm worried that he won't come into the NBA and be able to create off the dribble.

I'm also worried that his shot mechanics will make it difficult for him to get off his shot when he dribbles to the right (since he brings the ball to his left then flings it across his body).

Fultz is on a terrible team, where UCLA is a great team. It makes it difficult to know how much of it is Ball making UCLA great and how much of it is Ball being on a great team.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 06:17:58 PM by clevelandceltic »

« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2017, 06:19:54 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
Not sure why my other post didnt seem to work but Ball is 4th on my list for alot of the reasons people mentioned earlier.

« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2017, 06:38:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Your absolutely nuts for taking Tatum before Ball.

The Tatum can't even shoot three's yet. He's super Evan Turner.

Meanwhile Ball has range from 30 plus feet, and he shoots .430% from downtown.

« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2017, 06:45:48 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

He cant 3's based on what? Tatum and Turner are not alike at all.

« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2017, 06:57:44 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

You also say this as if Ball doesnt have issues in his game. Ball poor FT shooter. No mid range game at all so far. Doesnt beat people off the dribble. Creates very little separation from defender when he drives with the ball in his had. Doesnt finish in traffic well. Not sure he will be more than average defensively. Team has always fit around him, has yet to fit into a system.

Pluses. He has been able to win wherever he goes. His ugly shot goes in if he has space. Is good off the ball. Great vision and plays with pace.

Bottom line lets not think that everyone thinks he is a no brainer cus I sure and hell dont.

« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2017, 07:02:58 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

You can defend Ball without making up stuff about Tatum, who has become a very good 3 point shooter.

« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2017, 07:44:32 PM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

You can defend Ball without making up stuff about Tatum, who has become a very good 3 point shooter.
Tatum also has a prettier stroke imo.

my big board is
Fultz
Jackson
Tatum
Ball

I have not bee a big fan of Ball recently, but its more that I love Jackson and Tatum then I dont like Ball. I think ball is going to be a terrific player. i just think Jackson and Tatum will be better.

« Reply #173 on: March 09, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

« Reply #174 on: March 09, 2017, 02:20:58 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

You also say this as if Ball doesnt have issues in his game. Ball poor FT shooter. No mid range game at all so far. Doesnt beat people off the dribble. Creates very little separation from defender when he drives with the ball in his had. Doesnt finish in traffic well. Not sure he will be more than average defensively. Team has always fit around him, has yet to fit into a system.

Pluses. He has been able to win wherever he goes. His ugly shot goes in if he has space. Is good off the ball. Great vision and plays with pace.

Bottom line lets not think that everyone thinks he is a no brainer cus I sure and hell dont.

If you can't see that Ball is a future NBA star, then I question your ability to evaluate talent.

Tatum has improved his 3 point percentage to a solid rate. Ball is a basketball Genius. Not hard to see that if you watch a full game.

« Reply #175 on: March 09, 2017, 02:29:01 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Hard to know if he'll ever dominate, but I love watching him play.  Brings joy and spontaneity back to the game.

« Reply #176 on: March 09, 2017, 03:00:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

If you can't see that Ball is a future NBA star, then I question your ability to evaluate talent.

Tatum has improved his 3 point percentage to a solid rate. Ball is a basketball Genius. Not hard to see that if you watch a full game.

I agree with you

but I don't think he fits with the current Celtics squad

« Reply #177 on: March 09, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Hard to know if he'll ever dominate, but I love watching him play.  Brings joy and spontaneity back to the game.

He needs freedom and be with a team that is willing to run

The current Celtics team is mainly about halfcourt basketball

In addition Balls ability to drive and finish in the half court is questionable.... 

« Reply #178 on: March 09, 2017, 03:03:10 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

And yet Tatum could be the far better pro. It's a crap shoot. Who knows. You know how it goes.

I'm just hoping we land the first pick, that way Ainge won't have to give up much after he signs Hayward and packages #1 plus Crowder for his all star.

« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2017, 09:34:05 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203