Author Topic: Goodbye Avery Bradley. He's the odd man out.  (Read 7272 times)

Goodbye Avery Bradley. He's the odd man out.
« on: January 20, 2017, 04:10:10 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 It was really nice to see his game evolve over the last 7 years. Let's be clear though. If we draft Fultz or Ball, Bradley's won't see another penny from the Celtics.

Thomas
 Fultz
 Smart

That's a perfect scenario for our future backcourt, and we still would have Bradley for one more year. All three brings there own unique skillet to the table.

We have to Pay Thomas, and Smart soon. Avery's days are numbered in Boston undoubtedly.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 01:28:45 PM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Goodbye Avery Bradley. He's the odd man out.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 04:27:56 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
It's no knock on Bradley to say that he's the most likely to go in the event that we ended up with Markelle Fultz. Bradley will be well sought after around the league, since the SG position is so weak and he would be an incredible fit next to some of the ball handling forwards like Simmons, Giannis, Harden, or Lebton.

He's got a reliable shot, strong work ethic, and is always a professional in how he conducts himself. Guys like Lillard have called him the best perimeter defender in the league and he's made an all defensive team.

I'd be really interested to see where he ends up if the time comes. Maybe Sacramento if Boogie stays? Any team where he can have a positive effect on their locker room and add stability to their rotation.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 06:15:44 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Granted they can go over the cap to resign IT, Marcus and him if they would like. I just see Fultz as a guy you'd want to start right off. Such a bummer cause I love AB and he keeps improving.

I think Fultz is in a league of him own tbh. I think the only way AB loses his starting spot would be if we get Fultz. If we end up with any less than #1 overall than its too close to call.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 06:16:01 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Double Post

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 06:39:17 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If we end up with Ball does this look like a log jam or could Stevens make it work with his love for Small Ball.

Thomas Ball
 Bradley Smart

I think that could work. He plays Thomas, Bradley, Smart together and Smart can guard SFs.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 06:42:18 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
I see Rozier as the immediate casualty if Fultz is picked. Then I see it as between Smart and Bradley, with a trade likely to take place in 2018, hopefully for a star. I don't see us letting either go cheaply though. Better to re-sign them in 2018 and look to trade them when eligible.

Certainly not guaranteed that they leave just because of Fultz though. Rozier is last in line and therefore the candidate to get pushed out

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 07:10:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Smart is worth the most even as poor shooter.  So he might be main asking piece in a trade for a big.
So that might not  weight good in his favor of staying around .......

If Celtics must take Ball or Fultz ,  then Rozier can't stay . ....for certain.

Anyone of them could go depending on the deal.

Not sure of IT's actual value in terms of what he is worth in a trade. I got a feeling we would be disappointed. Even though he is prolific scorer , he is very unique and not sure he is of equal trade value as AB or Smart to other teams. 

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 07:26:35 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Holy premature post, Batman! Let's at least wait until we see the draft order before going down this road. Even if the Nets finish with the worst record, the C's could end up with as poor as the #4 pick, and/or could trade the pick (no matter what it ends up being), and/or could trade other players freeing up the backcourt.

Avery Bradley could very well be the odd man out, but there are ways too many ifs at this point to say that with any sense of certainty.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 07:35:00 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Im not counting chickens out. Many people, including me thought he would be shipped out before Rondo.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 07:35:17 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420

It was really nice to see his game evolve over the last 7 years. Let's be clear though. If we draft Fultz or Ball, Bradley's won't see another penny from the Celtics.

Thomas
 Fultz
 Smart

That's a perfect scenario for our future backcourt, and we still would have Bradley for one more year. All three brings there own unique skillet to the table.

We have to Pay Thomas, and Smart soon. Avery's days are numbered is Boston undoubtedly.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was of the mind set that IT would be the one that DA trades rather then resigning but I am also switching over to AB. ITs star appeal will keep him in Boston and if the Cs land a top two pick we will be looking at a backcourt next year of IT and Smart starting with Fultz/Ball playing a big role off the bench.

Projecting a potential AB trade is tough. I can see it playing out three ways this offseason.

1. He is traded with lesser picks and cap filler for a starting caliber big with a good contract.

2. He is packaged with Crowder for a wing upgrade (Jimmy Butler being the obvious choice).

3. He is packaged with Crowder for a allstar capable big man and DA and BS role the dice that they can land Hayward as a FA.

I like option 2 if Lopez can be worked into the deal however I worry that this big of a talent grab would cost the Cs the either the 17 or 18 Nets pick and I wouldn't want to include with in such a trade. I like the gamble of option 3 especially because BS's relationship gives the Cs an inside trader endge. The only issue is finding a logical big man target in such a trade.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 07:37:38 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Thought this was a Kriss Dunn thread from last year...   

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 08:25:08 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It doesn't look great for him. There are two scenarios which really hurt his chances of staying long term. Many in this thread have already talked about drafting a guard like Fultz, but if we happen to sign Hayward, that also makes him a lot more expendable.

It is hard to envision a scenario where IT, Bradley, and Smart get PAID. Crowder is already signed for three years after this one at only $7M/yr - for salary cap reasons alone, it makes him almost untradable.

And then there are all the trade possibilities - and any team would love to have AB. It will be interesting to see how things pan out with this roster, but right now I am just enjoying the ride.

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 08:30:37 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
That would suck. we need Bradley.
I am hoping we can keep him for hometown discount- in return for no-trade clause. although i understand he would want to get paid after few years of being underpaid.   

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 08:30:54 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
The only way I'm even entertaining trading AB is if we don't plan on competing with CLE & GS for a championship the next few years. If competing for a title, we need Bradley to play defense on Kyrie & Curry.

IF NOT, then perhaps it would make some sense to trade AB now

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 09:15:08 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd rather move Smart and pay Bradley.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes