Poll

Who you got

Simmons
24 (49%)
Markelle Fultz
25 (51%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Poll: Who would you rather have on C's Simmons or Fultz  (Read 3973 times)

Re: Poll: Who would you rather have on C's Simmons or Fultz
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Fultz by a country mile.

In the NBA today the 3 point shot is king. Fultz can really shoot it, Simmons can not. Fultz is great at creating offense for himself, Simmons looks to pass more often than not.

Our offense is centered around 5 out spacing that stretches the defense. Fultz stretches the defense, Simmons does not. Fultz has value off the ball as a shooter, Simmons does not have value off the ball.

This Evan. Fultz is a better defender too.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 05:26:22 PM »

Offline clintonwalker

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'd rather have Jaylen Brown than Simmons. His ceiling is higher because he actually desires to score the ball.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Simmons and I dont have to think much about it. The guy has elite speed for his size and very good lateral quickness to be very good on D.

I will say this for Fultz though. The kid has had a rapid rise over the last two plus years. This kid went from being on JV his sophomore year to a top player his junior year to best player on a national power his senior year to projected 1 pick in a matter of 2 years. I think the kid has a chance to be special.

Good question by the OP.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 06:07:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Like i asked on another thread. What about Simmons vs Jackson?

Jackson is a better defender

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 06:20:27 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Wow. just wow. It seems like you hijack every thread to make it about Jackson. You must really like him. What about the Isaac thread where I compared their stats being similar?

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 08:20:36 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Going with Fultz. Then I'd trade Bradley and/or Rozier or sign a FA. I think a Smart-Fultz-Jaylen future is going to be a bright future. Simmons is a talented player but I'll take Wade over Lamar Odom.
- LilRip

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 08:25:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Wow. just wow. It seems like you hijack every thread to make it about Jackson. You must really like him. What about the Isaac thread where I compared their stats being similar?

If  you live up to your nickname, you should be in love with Jackson

cmon

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 08:33:23 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Simmons and I dont have to think much about it. The guy has elite speed for his size and very good lateral quickness to be very good on D.

I will say this for Fultz though. The kid has had a rapid rise over the last two plus years. This kid went from being on JV his sophomore year to a top player his junior year to best player on a national power his senior year to projected 1 pick in a matter of 2 years. I think the kid has a chance to be special.

Good question by the OP.
Actually, one of the biggest weaknesses pointed out for Simmons is his poor defense. But his biggest flaw is his shooting.thirdmight be his lack of aggressiveness.

Simons is a very good talent, but given his flaws, I like faults better.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 08:39:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Something about watching Simmons last year made me think he was not even trying at times.  I do not get that with Fultz, so Fultz for me.

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2017, 09:17:36 AM »

Offline SRaposa33

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Simmons. Not close.

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Simmons is basically Ball minus the shooting and defense but plus 4 inches.  I'd take Fultz and Ball over Simmons.

Simmons has a lot of talent, but I think he lacks the right mindset to succeed.  He doesn't work on his game.  I read reports about how his coaches in Australia didn't like his work ethic.  One report said he was a better shooter when he was younger but didn't work on it, so he got worse.   

Simmons is special but he didn't play defense in Australia.  He didn't play defense in AAU.  He didn't play defense in college.  He didn't play defense in summer league.  He has no 3 point shot which isn't horrible for a PF but he has no midrange game either.  Also, as good as he is in the paint, he struggles against size and athleticism.  Jaylen Brown out played him head to head in HS and in summer league.

Fultz can score from everywhere on the court. He can score though double and even triple teams.  He can pass a lot better than his highlights show.  If you watch the game you can see great passed that his teammates blow with bad misses.  He is super athletic and has great size for a PG and good size for a SG.   Really the onlthing that  can stop Fultz from bring a star is Fultz. 

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
We have the Dream

We have the Truth

We have the Process

Marcelle Fultz is the Fact