Author Topic: Team Oriented Superstar's  (Read 1802 times)

Team Oriented Superstar's
« on: January 20, 2017, 01:05:10 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

You don't see this Often. A player that is perceived as a team first, pass first player being considered for a top one or two pick in the draft.

Magic Johnson
 LeBron James
 Chris Paul
 Jason Kidd
 Lonzo Ball

Am I missing someone? Another interesting comparison with Ball and Kidd. Kidd went second overall and think Ball will too.

I'll give you a moment to guess who was the first pick in the 1993 J. Kidd draft. One of my favorite college players of all time....

Big Dog. Glenn Robinson. I betcha the Bucks wish they took there current coach J. Kidd.

I take Ball first in the draft without hesitation.

Magic, Chris Paul, LeBron, Kidd. Lonzo is the best shooter out of all those Players at the same age. Think about that.

I'm beyond psyched that we have a chance at a team oriented superstar. Lesson learned is that Off the charts BBIQ combined with the scouts agreeing your a top two pick means 99% certainty that he succeeds.

Re: Team Oriented Superstar's
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:10:32 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Fultz is better...  no matter how many times you start a thread about Ball. Fultz is a better passer, scorer and defender than Ball.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 01:31:24 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Duncan is a team-oriented player. So is KG and Steve Nash.

I'm not ready to crown Ball an NBA player, let alone a superstar. Funny how you left out Josh Jackson when he is the most team-oriented player on the draft class. The kid is a point forward and makes winning plays with intensity and leadership.

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 01:32:37 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
the OP in another thread actually picked Dennis Smith over Fultz and Ball.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 02:59:32 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Duncan is a team-oriented player. So is KG and Steve Nash.

I'm not ready to crown Ball an NBA player, let alone a superstar. Funny how you left out Josh Jackson when he is the most team-oriented player on the draft class. The kid is a point forward and makes winning plays with intensity and leadership.
I agree about Jackson.  My first criteria for team oriented players is how much effort that they apply to defense.  Jackson definitely checks that box.  Really like his passing. 

Ball disappears at times.  He's also benefiting by having some really good shooters around him.  Fultz, Fox and Smith (who I'm not high on) would all look good and fit in fine playing with those guys. 

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 03:03:49 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
the OP in another thread actually picked Dennis Smith over Fultz and Ball.
Smith is the 5th PG in my list.  Haven't seen his last few games but he just hasn't impressed me.  I definitely would not call him team oriented.  If he hasn't taken a shot in 5 or 6 possessions, he'll chuck one up there. 

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 03:24:03 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Fultz is better...  no matter how many times you start a thread about Ball. Fultz is a better passer, scorer and defender than Ball.

Fultz is not a better passer. I'd be thrilled with either player. My point is the pass first aspect. Fultz wants to pass second score first.

Which isn't a bad thing. Just different.