Author Topic: Botemps: IT's not starting the ASG  (Read 4539 times)

Re: Botemps: IT's not starting the ASG
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
How the hell did Irving get so much of the player vote? He got something like 132 votes.

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 07:09:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bummer Thomas isn't getting the start, but Kyrie and DeRozan had a case as well.  At least Wade isn't starting.

Westbrook isn't starting either... so there's that.

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 07:25:12 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Meh, just another chip to put on the shoulder.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 07:40:50 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bummer Thomas isn't getting the start, but Kyrie and DeRozan had a case as well.  At least Wade isn't starting.

It4 is having a better season than Kyrie

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 08:19:11 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Both Westbrook and Thomas wound up being left out of the starting lineup by a tie, with Curry, Harden and Westbrook all tied for the two starting guard spots in the Western Conference. Meanwhile, DeRozan and Thomas tied for the second guard spot behind Kyrie Irving in the East. In both cases, the fan vote was used as the tiebreaker.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/01/19/lebron-james-stephen-curry-highlight-all-star-starters-list-that-mostly-gets-it-right/?tid=sm_tw_ps&utm_term=.00c8a867e8fe

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 08:26:25 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
IT not being a starter would be a travesty, but Westbrook not being a starter in favor of Curry is downright an abomination. The dude is averaging a triple double.
I'm actually in favor of Curry. It's how I voted.

Westbrook is amazing but there's something a little too thirsty about his stat hunting that turns me off. That sounds harsher than how I really feel. He's amazing. But Curry is putting up numbers that look a lot like the numbers he put up when he was MVP the first time and he's doing so for a team that's 36-6! Taking their situations into account, I like Curry over Westbrook.

But I've still got Westbrook as a top 5-6 player in the league.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 08:28:43 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

DeRozan over Lowry is downright criminal.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
How the hell did Irving get so much of the player vote? He got something like 132 votes.

Having mainstream attention helps. Even Wade have more votes than IT. Jeremy Lin also have more votes than Bradley.

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 08:31:53 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

That was unsurprising to me. He's a one-on-one killer, big-shot maker. I'm not a huge Kyrie fan, but guys who have tried to lock him up in isos are bound to think highly of him.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 08:41:07 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Demar is one of the more underrated guys in the league, IMO. He seems like he's a hard worker and from all accounts is a good locker room guy. I like Lowry a lot, but I'd give the edge to Demar right now.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 08:46:09 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

That was unsurprising to me. He's a one-on-one killer, big-shot maker. I'm not a huge Kyrie fan, but guys who have tried to lock him up in isos are bound to think highly of him.

To be fair, there is not so many all-nba defenders in this league right now. Most of his points during our match-ups where during switches, picks and mismatches. He had a hard time when Smart or AB is guarding him one-on-one. Curry isn't the best defender either.

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 08:48:27 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Demar is one of the more underrated guys in the league, IMO. He seems like he's a hard worker and from all accounts is a good locker room guy. I like Lowry a lot, but I'd give the edge to Demar right now.

I really don't think DeMar has an argument. DeMar's case is essentially "points," but you can't choose DeMar if you're going by points, because he's behind IT. Lowry is a better scorer, shooter, passer, defender. Lowry is the best guard in the East (by a decent margin), and while DeMar is good, he's the 5th or 6th best.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 09:01:20 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Derozan is having an incredible year. you serious???

Lowry would have probably made the roster if IT was not having a career year

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 09:15:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
It's better result than last year .  He has brought a lot of prestige to his name and lot.   He was close , we are talking guys who maybe HOF o e day.. 

IT did great and there is always next year .  We may get some more help for him too.

Lakers did not have anybody even in the conversation .....there's that.....for us Celtics fans to smile about.

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 11:50:38 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
IT finished first in the media voting for East guards.  If his second half of the season continues like his first half, he'd seem to be a lock for All-NBA and a someone who will finish pretty well in MVP voting.