Author Topic: Unexciting Big man Targets (idea)  (Read 4258 times)

Unexciting Big man Targets (idea)
« on: January 19, 2017, 01:37:09 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I was looking through the league for some players who have not been mentioned but could be low cost unexciting short term options to help the Cs this year. I left out the obvious players (Noel, Bogut, Nurkic, Okafor) who have been mentioned in tons of trade ideas or rumors.

Ideas

Ed Davis, having a down year but would be hands down the best rebounding big on the Cs.

Roy Hibbert, not a great style fit but as a 10mpg guy maybe BS can get him back to a shadow of his Pacers days.

Koufas, not ideal fit but an improvement. 2 years remaining on his contract is an issue

Baynes, minor improvement over Amir

Jordan Hill, not a huge fan but he is a solid rebounder

Ajinca, on paper a great fit 7'2 rim protector with a nice jump shot.

Miles Plumlee, biggest talent on this list, lacks great length or a jumper but is an elite passing big man. He is a FA and likely due a big pay day

Jeff Withey, rebounds and protects the rim on a cheap 1 year deal

Cole Aldrich, only next year in guaranteed. He is a rim protector and rebounder currently under performing in a limited role

Out of the above list Aldrich, Ajinca and Davis seem like nice fits to take Zellers roster spot and compete for minutes with Amir.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 12:10:40 PM by Redz »
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Unexcisting Big man Targets (idea)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:23:04 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I like Alan Williams in Phx. He looked great in the minutes I saw. Surely They would try James Young for him.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 11:34:59 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If they can't beat out Zeller or Jerebko why bother.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 12:05:55 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
If they can't beat out Zeller or Jerebko why bother.

I wouldn't look at it as beating them out, but filling a different role.  A defensive rim protector with decent hands, who can catch and finish at the rim could work really well paired with IT or one of KO/Horford.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 12:20:04 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I think of all those guys you said who don't have guaranteed money next year, I like Jordan Hill best to replace Jonas/Amir.

Followed by Noel, but I'm not sure Rozier/Zeller/Amir/Jerebko plus a 1st will get it done.

I'm down with Ibaka if we can somehow lure him from a sinking ORL team with a couple late firsts.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Re: Unexciting Big man Targets (idea)
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 12:41:20 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I was reading Bucks forums about trading Jabari yesterday. Our package with the Brooklyn pick came up and they said only If we also take on Miles Plumlee.

Might not be the worst idea.

Edit: It was before Jabari did this though.

https://youtu.be/ioAbPt7Cgs8

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 12:43:06 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
You are right.... unexciting.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 12:52:13 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Ajinca. He can't possibly be worse than Zeller can he? His size is enormous, has a decent mid range j, and from the few games I have seen of him over the years he isn't afraid to slam the boards. Granted he wouldn't give us 10 reb a game, but something like averaging 6/5/0 on 20ish mpg as our defacto center wouldn't be the worst thing off the bench.
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 12:56:35 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I would give Ajinca a shot if we can get him very cheaply. Has to be better than Zeller. I would rather have David Lee than Zeller.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 12:57:41 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Anybody who can board on an expiring deal is worth considering, so long as the price is a mid to late 1st or 2nd rounder.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 12:59:54 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Anybody who can board on an expiring deal is worth considering, so long as the price is a mid to late 1st or 2nd rounder.

Health willing, Bogut has always made the most sense. We just need Dallas to stop messing around haha.
#JKJB

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 01:04:08 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Health willing, Bogut has always made the most sense. We just need Dallas to stop messing around haha.

Definitely agree on Bogut. Great passer, can rebound and is a shot blocker. The only question with him is health but if we can get him cheap then let's do it!

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 01:08:16 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43
Kudos for starting this thread, this is something I've been pondering as well, and Jordan Hill was one of the uninspiring guys on my radar.  Andrew Bogut is another, as has been mentioned by a couple of other people already, but I suspect he will be more of a post-buyout target than a trade target.

The 3rd name I've been interested in is Taj Gibson.  He's in the last year of a $9M contract, and I'm not sure if he is in the Bulls plans going forward.  In particular if the Bulls start to fall out of the playoff picture, I wonder if they would consider some combo of Tyler Zeller (who's non-guaranteed 2nd year contract makes him tradeable in the offseason), one of our B-level young guys and non-premium picks for a 3 month rental of Taj.

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 01:22:48 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Kudos for starting this thread, this is something I've been pondering as well, and Jordan Hill was one of the uninspiring guys on my radar.  Andrew Bogut is another, as has been mentioned by a couple of other people already, but I suspect he will be more of a post-buyout target than a trade target.

The 3rd name I've been interested in is Taj Gibson.  He's in the last year of a $9M contract, and I'm not sure if he is in the Bulls plans going forward.  In particular if the Bulls start to fall out of the playoff picture, I wonder if they would consider some combo of Tyler Zeller (who's non-guaranteed 2nd year contract makes him tradeable in the offseason), one of our B-level young guys and non-premium picks for a 3 month rental of Taj.

I like Taj also and he is a decent rebounder. "Young" sounds perfect. Let's do it.

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 01:30:01 PM »

Offline HomerSapien

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 43

I like Taj also and he is a decent rebounder. "Young" sounds perfect. Let's do it.
Unfortunately, I think James Young is an F-level young guy.   :)