Author Topic: C's to add Zizic, Yabu, Milsap, Top 3 pick (sometime in the future)  (Read 2769 times)

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 Our rebounding woes are about to be over. Hayward would be an even better addition, but no matter what we are likely to add Zizic, Yabu and Either Fultz, Ball, or Jackson.

Horford
 Milsap
 Crowder
 Fultz
 Thomas

With Bradley, Smart, Brown. That's a crazy 8 man rotation. With Zizic, Mickey and Yabu helping out on the boards we may actually be an above avg rebounding team.

No Milsap sign Heyward team.

Zizic
 Horford
 Hayward
 Bradley
 Thomas

Lonzo Ball, Smart, Crowder, Brown, Yabu. Not quite as complete of a team, but a great second option on offense with Hayward.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:44:03 PM by Redz »

Re: C's to add Zizic, Yabu, Milsap, Top 3 pick.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 03:53:09 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Just looking at what I posted with the different scenarios.

My dream and a more seamless fit would be Milsap. Hayward would make things complicated, with Hayward, Crowder, and Brown.

We desperately need a starting NBA PF. And Milsap is it. 18 ppg 8 RPG 4 APG and a great and versitle defender. Sign me up.

And if we lucked out with Fultz that would eventually be an upgrade over Bradley, and we wouldn't have to pay Avery either.

Milsap+ Fultz or Ball = Huge win for the Celtics.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 05:41:07 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Bro...I woke up, saw this, and thought something happened overnight.

You fooled me... :)

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 06:48:05 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Cut Amir, Jerebko, Zeller to bring in Yabu, Zizic

But KO is coming back. Also say we draft jackson or fultz

Horford
KO
Crowder
AB
IT4

Zizic/Yabu
Jackson
Brown
Smart
Rozier

Or

Zizic
Yabu
Brown
Smart
Fultz

The only free agent that might come here and boston may chase hard for is Blake Griffin. Maybe hayward (but this means crowder is gone)

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 07:41:29 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Sign Noel.

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 08:19:21 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
My preference would by Noel over Millsap just because he's younger and Fultz over Jackson because I think AB becomes too costly to keep at the end of the contract.

Can we land either Millsap or Noel before the end of the season via a small trade?  I'm beginning to think that Danny just might have too many assets and the team would be too young.  Over the next three years, we could have six more first round pick, plus a handful of seconds.  If I have to give up a first and a player to get Noel, sign me up.  Looking at the Philly needs, it will be a guard like AB, Smart, Rozier.  I still think I'm OK, banking on the hope I can get Fultz to replace him. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 09:00:01 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Love the optimism but the reality is Hayward likely stays in Utah and Milsap signs a max with Sac or gets a team friendly deal to go win in Toronto.

Since we swing and miss on every free agent (who really thinks we'll nab a top free agent two years IN A ROW?) we re-sign KO as our starting 4 with Yabu and Zizic as the new bench bigs.

I already said this in another thread but the way luck works the Nets will be the worst team by far and we will tumble to the fourth pick. Last year was an anomaly, the worst team pretty much never gets #1.

So I'm prepared for no upgrades in rebounding bigs and a new log jam of similar point guards (IT, Rozier, Smith) or similar wings (Crowder, Brown, Jackson/Tatum).

Hope I'm wrong.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 09:08:00 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Love the optimism but the reality is Hayward likely stays in Utah and Milsap signs a max with Sac or gets a team friendly deal to go win in Toronto.

Since we swing and miss on every free agent (who really thinks we'll nab a top free agent two years IN A ROW?) we re-sign KO as our starting 4 with Yabu and Zizic as the new bench bigs.

I already said this in another thread but the way luck works the Nets will be the worst team by far and we will tumble to the fourth pick. Last year was an anomaly, the worst team pretty much never gets #1.

So I'm prepared for no upgrades in rebounding bigs and a new log jam of similar point guards (IT, Rozier, Smith) or similar wings (Crowder, Brown, Jackson/Tatum).

Hope I'm wrong.

Now, I'm depressed...thanks.

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 09:09:00 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
your thread makes it sound like it will be a reality, when there is no rumors linking us of making any significant movement in adding Milsap or Hayward in the offseason

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 09:27:10 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Milsap looked a lot slower this year. I wouldn't sign him to any contract more then 2 years.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
When did we win the first pick? I thought there was a lottery. You guys make it sound like we have a choice of any pick. This is silly exercise. Premature.

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 09:55:29 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Sign Noel.
I'm still on board to get him for Rozier and non-BKN pick before the deadline.

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 10:12:56 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Sign Noel.
I'm still on board to get him for Rozier and non-BKN pick before the deadline.

This ^

We gonna have to pay somebody , he is young and likes where he would be .   We need a young athletic 610-7 ft guy to counter the Gomez s and all,the other euro 7 ft players EVErY team has THREE of .....we have one and sent him back . Smh

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
We need THREE Zizic s.  .......seems every team has like 2-3 of these guys ...no names Seimi Erden s who come in and rake havoc on our  small ball club.   

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 10:46:58 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Bro...I woke up, saw this, and thought something happened overnight.

You fooled me... :)

Yeah, me too. Thread titles need to be clearer.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis