Author Topic: Rudy gay out for the rest of the season  (Read 4607 times)

Rudy gay out for the rest of the season
« on: January 19, 2017, 02:13:48 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Seems like he broke his Achilles in the beginning of the 3rd against the Pacers.

His season is said to be over. That's a step back for the Kings playoff run.

Unleash Cousins talks?  ::)

Re: Rudy gay out for the rest of the season
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 02:23:39 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Maybe kings make playoffs now every team does better with out him right...  ::)

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 05:08:22 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
You all seriously think a 0.400 team in the west can make the playoff.
You don't think at least 1 team will perform at 0.500 or so for the rest of the season.
Portland, NO, Dallas are all candidate for a good second part of season and take last playoff spot.
I don't see any chance for Sac. They are not good.

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 05:25:38 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
You all seriously think a 0.400 team in the west can make the playoff.
You don't think at least 1 team will perform at 0.500 or so for the rest of the season.
Portland, NO, Dallas are all candidate for a good second part of season and take last playoff spot.
I don't see any chance for Sac. They are not good.

the question is not wheter they can make it or not. It's about them being close to 8th seed and acutally trying/believing.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 06:43:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Seems like he broke his Achilles in the beginning of the 3rd against the Pacers.

His season is said to be over. That's a step back for the Kings playoff run.

Unleash Cousins talks?  ::)

His career is maybe soon over as well

Rich guy but with nothing to show for

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 06:53:50 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I assume he snapped his achilles, his season is over and that really could be his career.  At the least his career at the level he was. 

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 07:24:39 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm not a huge fan, but I feel bad for the guy. He's been stuck in Sacramento with incompetent management and now his career is up in the air.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 07:27:13 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
What's the time table on his return?

Now he's probably not going to opt out of his contract this summer.  Not sure who else was going to sign with the Kings, but that takes up $14m in cap room.

Also that can be career ending, even if it's not literally career ending.  How much worse could this make Gay when he eventually comes back?  If he does suit up for the Kings next year, he probably doesn't put up anywhere close to the 19/6/3 he's putting up now.

I never know what to think with the Kings though.  Like, in their minds, it'll probably be this Rudy Gay injury that cost them the playoffs, so let's bring it all back again next year because as long as we're healthy, we're a playoff team!

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 07:41:40 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Sucks for Rudy Gay.  I don't wish Achilles injuries on anyone (so I hope Bradley sits out until he's felt 100% for at least a week.)

But I bet he picks up his player option now that he had otherwise promised to decline.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 07:54:52 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown

9 to 12 months it seems. So his carreer is definitely in bad shape.

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 08:35:37 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

9 to 12 months it seems. So his carreer is definitely in bad shape.

And that's just to get back on the court. He will likely never fully regain his athleticism.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 09:43:44 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
This also messes up my plans for stopping GS.

I figured Gay would get bought out after the Kings were unable to move him at the trade deadline.  Then he'd sign with the Clips, and add some talent and depth to their lineup as they are incredibly weak at SF.

I think a healthy LAC against GS would be a very good series as the teams stand now, adding in Rudy Gay would have only helped (unless the curse of him is real).  The last Western Conference team to beat GS in the playoffs was LAC in '14 in a pretty good 7 game series.  Sure, GS has rattled off 7 straight wins against them and are 8-1 since that playoff loss, but most of those had been pretty close and 3 were without Blake Griffin.  I want to see those 2 teams grind it out in the playoffs again.

Of course as the Kings hung in contention for the 8th seed, the odds of buying him out probably decreased, so this probably wasn't happening anyways.  It was my vision at the start of the season though.  Seemed pretty plausible at the time.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:10:48 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 10:44:33 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
This is sad to hear. Reminds me of Chalmers and his injury last year. I expect him to pick up his player option now.

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »

Offline Grindfather

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 61
  • First Team All-Defense
Sucks for Rudy Gay.  I don't wish Achilles injuries on anyone (so I hope Bradley sits out until he's felt 100% for at least a week.)

But I bet he picks up his player option now that he had otherwise promised to decline.

This was my first thought too.  Bad situation for both Gay and the Kings.  Ruptured Achilles is no joke.  He won't likely ever be the same player, but at least he's getting paid another year. This handicaps the Kings in free agency, especially considering they are going to offer Boogie the DVP mega max this summer.

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 11:02:06 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Don't team usually improve when Rudy Gay leaves?

Maybe his injury will have the same effect.