Author Topic: Horford and KO - heating up as a frontcourt duo  (Read 2109 times)

Horford and KO - heating up as a frontcourt duo
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:48:07 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Provide space for IT4 to drive in. Are Making 3s, solid team D and passing. Especially good to see Horford or KO pass to each other for easy buckets

On a side note how much would you resign KO for?

Re: Horford and KO - heating up as a frontcourt duo
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 11:59:27 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

.I'll give Olynyk a thousand dollars a game. Overpriced yes, but that's the market today...

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 12:08:15 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

.I'll give Olynyk a thousand dollars a game. Overpriced yes, but that's the market today...

Lol

You mean 250k a game?

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 12:08:22 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Provide space for IT4 to drive in. Are Making 3s, solid team D and passing. Especially good to see Horford or KO pass to each other for easy buckets

TP

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 12:08:38 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

So, $82,000?
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 12:20:47 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Olynyk, to me, is close to what Crowder and Turner were for value when the decision to resign those guys had to be made. If he stays consistent, he is near what Bradley was, talented but sill providing some doubts.

His value is not as high as Rondo's was when Danny resigned Rajon to the hometown discount.

And then everything is thrown off by increases in the salary cap over years and teams like Portland overpaying for guys like Turner.

This is why Danny gets paid the big bucks.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
what he gets paid will depend on large part on what he produces the 2nd half of the season.

Today there are many more 7 footers who can hit open 3's than there were a couple of years ago, so I doubt KO will command a big contract this off season.  If he could play most games the way he has the last two, that could change. But that is not at all likely to happen, based on his history of going back into his shell for stretches, or losing confidence.

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 12:34:31 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I wouldn't be against signing him on a short deal in the 10-13m a year range. Something short and reasonable that could get moved in a trade easily if need be.

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 12:38:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Jon Leuer makes about $11 million a year.  Trevor Booker makes about $10 million.

Market for KO should be along the lines of $12-14 million per year, depending on whether some other team thinks he can start.

As for the KO / Horford pairing:

Per nbawowy!, when they share the floor the Celts have a 117 Offensive Rating and a 113 Defensive Rating.

Those numbers without IT on the floor:  103 Offensive Rating, 107 Defensive Rating.

It's only a 170 possession sample size, however.

The numbers for the starting lineup with Kelly are pretty great, though:

128 Offensive Rating, 107 Defensive Rating (122 possession sample)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:46:42 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 12:44:01 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Jon Leuer makes about $11 million a year.  Trevor Booker makes about $10 million.

Market for KO should be along the lines of $12-14 million per year, depending on whether some other team thinks he can start.

That's what I think too, and I'd gladly have him on that deal for 5 years.

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 12:44:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

KO is better than Leuer

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 12:53:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

KO is better than Leuer

You'll notice that's why I indicated he'll make more.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 01:00:01 PM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
Yeah there was this video not long ago who argued in favor of Kelly and Horford starting together (in another topic). I'm pretty on board on this idea too.

Plus, this rewards kelly for his few really good recent games and if Danny wants to trade him, then it could showcase him nicely. So i'm think it's a win-win situation. Amir not starting shouldn't cost games to the C's, even if a big part of his game doesn't reflect on stats sheets.

And finally, I always thought Amir and Marcus had a good connection with Marcus developping his passing skills. So this could be a strong second unit. Another reason to try it imo

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Yeah there was this video not long ago who argued in favor of Kelly and Horford starting together (in another topic). I'm pretty on board on this idea too.

Plus, this rewards kelly for his few really good recent games and if Danny wants to trade him, then it could showcase him nicely. So i'm think it's a win-win situation. Amir not starting shouldn't cost games to the C's, even if a big part of his game doesn't reflect on stats sheets.

And finally, I always thought Amir and Marcus had a good connection with Marcus developping his passing skills. So this could be a strong second unit. Another reason to try it imo
I actually think Olynyk is better served in the second unit. He provides much needed shooting in a lineup with Smart and Brown who are not reliable shooters.

Smart also operates pretty well with Olynyk. I'm not sure about Amir and Smart.

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 01:11:59 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
Olynyk does this a few times a season. It's all about consistency for him and if he can figure out how to keep up this level of play.