Author Topic: Who we need to draft  (Read 6717 times)

Re: Who we need to draft
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Fultz all the way.  The reason I'd pick him is simple.  He looks like the most talented player in the draft, he can score from outside and inside, has a great handle, and he has enough length to play SG (6'4 with 6'10 reach).  I could easily envision a dynamic scoring duo of IT and Fultz.

That's if we get the #1 pick.  If we don't Lonzo Ball isn't a bad consolation prize but I don't see him being as polished and NBA ready.  We might want to trade the pick if we land in the top 2-4 range but only for an immediate impact star player.

Jimmy Butler is the only guy "realistically" attainable if the pick is between 2-4.

Cousins, PG13, Anthony Davis... 99.9% Untouchable.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2017, 07:01:50 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
This team has some tough decisions to make regarding the guard position in the not so distance future.  Drafting a PG and having them develop for a year under IT, AB, etc.. isn't the worst idea.

This is actually a good idea.

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2017, 08:46:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Fultz all the way.  The reason I'd pick him is simple.  He looks like the most talented player in the draft: he can score from outside and inside, has a great handle, can create his own shot, and he has enough length to play SG (6'4 with 6'10 reach).  I could easily envision a dynamic scoring duo of IT and Fultz.

https://youtu.be/Tnfzq_Ynf4E

That's if we get the #1 pick.  If we don't Lonzo Ball isn't a bad consolation prize but I don't see him being as polished and NBA ready.  We might want to trade the pick if we land in the top 2-4 range but only for an immediate impact star player.

Fultz and IT4 both want the ball in their hands... So it would be an adjustment
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 09:22:36 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2017, 01:13:48 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Fultz all the way.  The reason I'd pick him is simple.  He looks like the most talented player in the draft: he can score from outside and inside, has a great handle, can create his own shot, and he has enough length to play SG (6'4 with 6'10 reach).  I could easily envision a dynamic scoring duo of IT and Fultz.

https://youtu.be/Tnfzq_Ynf4E

Fultz and IT4 both want the ball in their hands... So it would be an adjustment

Fultz and IT4 both play very well off the ball as well.    It would be defenses that would have to adjust.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2017, 05:06:37 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Jayson Tatum

I thought he defense and defensive awareness were crap the times I have seen him.

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Fultz all the way.  The reason I'd pick him is simple.  He looks like the most talented player in the draft, he can score from outside and inside, has a great handle, and he has enough length to play SG (6'4 with 6'10 reach).  I could easily envision a dynamic scoring duo of IT and Fultz.

Jimmy Butler is the only guy "realistically" attainable if the pick is between 2-4.

Cousins, PG13, Anthony Davis... 99.9% Untouchable.

Where are you getting this from? Anthony Davis definitely. Cousins is up in the air with whether or not he'll be available for even the first pick.

But PG13 could very well be available this summer, especially if they miss the playoffs. They have no real avenue of improving that team, and they have significant decisions to make with free agents this summer. It's certainly not inconceivable for them to switch courses, trade George for a high pick, and start building around Turner and the Brooklyn pick. In fact, George should ultimately be more available than Butler due to his contract coming up sooner and the fact that he's more than likely to leave Indiana in 2018 than stay.

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2017, 05:23:37 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
We need a guard, there's no guarantees IT4 is a championship caliber point guard might as well see if he can be the sixth man, or no guarantee that he even stays good enough for Danny to make a team around him in time, there's also no guarantees he, AB and Smart can be retained,

And there's no guarantee that whoever we draft is one either.